“Overall BW experience just ok”

Best Western Plus Pioneer Square Hotel
Ranked #30 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Calif
“Overall BW experience just ok”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

For the price I expected more! We arrived early and our room was not ready. They said it "should" be ready by 3 pm but they didn't know for sure. They said they would call me when it was ready and they never did call. We requested a room away from the ice machine and elevator and they placed us over the bar. The bar was directly under our room...thanks. The breakfast was the worst of all BW we have ever stayed at and closely monitored. The manager was rude to his employees. Upon departure I asked for one extra hour and it was denied without any consideration. On a good note the location was nice for us and they did keep the rooms clean. Also they had a very pleasant worker that worked the nightshift and helped with some questions.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank codyblack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Hebrew first
Aberdeen, Washington
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My wife and I came to Seattle to go to the Lou Piniella's Mariners' Hall of Fame induction. We love the fact that the stadium is walking distance from the Pioneer Square Hotel. I would recommend the Pioneer Square Hotel to anyone attending a Mariners, Seahawks, or Sounders game.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Hotel in historical area, within easy walking distance of the harbour, downtown shops and Pioneer Square station on the light railway from SEATAC airport. Good facilities in a well converted historical building. Free breakfast, whilst not with an extensive choice, makes for an easy start to the day.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank John P
Coeur d Alene, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Convenient to sports venues and water front. Neighborhood is seedy but safe. Couldn't find really good restaurants nearby but good pub style food and interesting watering holes. In spite of urban neighborhood, rooms are quiet and although small, adequate.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed here for 6 nights in July 2014 for a teacher workshop. The location is great if you want to go to the waterfront, ride the ferries, go to Pioneer Square, visit the International District and is about a 15 minute walk to Pike Place. The are has great restaurants and bars. It is about two blocks from the SeaTac airport train station.

It is an old historic hotel with modern amenities.I took the city buses that are about a 3 block walk to get around. I had just had knee surgery, so I couldn't walk far. You can get a free pass to a local fitness center each day.

The rooms were large and clean, with a bit of an older hotel smell, but no big problem.

The best part about this hotel is the staff. They helped me get around on several occasions and freely gave me tips on restaurants. (International District has great Asian food..go to Uwajimaya for great cheap food court). They even let me stay in the lobby my last day as my knee had swelled up. They gave me ice and water and stored my bags and were very friendly.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Thanks, staff, for a very friendly stay!

Room Tip: In back...off the street.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Glendale, Kentucky
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Very nice room for the money not in the best of neighborhoods. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Room service was prompt. We had a quaint room, with a balcony with a view that will be better after highway construction is completed. Restaurants, shopping, attractions and city transportation within walking distance I am sure this was a 5 star hotel in it's day.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Melbourne Beach, Florida
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This hotel is located very close to the new tunnel being constructed. This work goes on 24/7. Loud diesel engine noise and construction noise all the time. After two nights we were forced to upgrade to an interior room at a significantly higher rate. This construction will be going on for the next year we were told. The hotel staffs' response is that they have no control over the nearby construction and that the construction company told them they can make as much noise as they want whenever they want.

The hotel room we booked was extremely small, at the hotel they called it their economy room but that was not made clear during the booking process.

Pioneer Square is a skid row section of town with many panhandlers and homeless people. Didn't realize this when we booked. Stay closer to the Needle, much better area and more to do.

Room Tip: Stay in the center section away from the outside walls.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rene p
Mitchellw, General Manager at Best Western Plus Pioneer Square Hotel, responded to this review, 21 October 2014
Our economy rooms are cleanly explained on our booking site; bestestern.com.
The are our least expensive rooms and offer a smaller room with all the amenities of our standard rooms. When booking this room type please note that they are our smallest of rooms.