“Close to everything.”

Ranked #30 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Steilacoom,Wa
“Close to everything.”
Reviewed 28 January 2009

My fiancee stayed in Seattle for a romantic three day two night stay. We looked for a hotel that was close enough to walk to our favorite spots within the city and decided to stay at the Best Western Pioneer Square Hotel. It is within walking distance from both the Seattle Aquarium, Pike place market, and many great restaurants.
Upon first arriving I had trouble working the card key lock but the bell hop was very friendly and assisted us getting into our room to relax. He finished showing us our room and quietly left us to start our night.
Our wake up call came in on the dot which, for my hotel experience was rare but preferred. The continental breakfast was served pipping hot! Fresh Belgian waffles with coffee for my fiancee and myself. They had fresh fruit, yogurt and much more which we couldn't stuff ourselves with. However, I did sneak some fruit for later in the day. The staff was very polite and the food was never empty nor cold.
After a day out we returned to a well turned down room. The front desk was more then happy to sneak a bottle of champagne into our room while we were out so I could surprise my fiancee per my request by phone. We relaxed in our room the remainder of the night. Our room had a balcony overseeing the front entrance which made it nice to watch the foot traffic of the city.
After spending weekends at other hotels in the past, their prices never were justified with what we received. All of the Amenities at Pioneer Square Hotel were more then adequate and my fiancee will most definitely return. The room was superb, the staff was more then helpful, friend and went well above and beyond.
If you plan on going to Seattle ANYTIME soon, I would highly recommend sneaking into this wonderful hotel and staying awhile. You won't regret it!

• Liked — Service!
  • Disliked — Not long enough!
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Los Angeles
Reviewed 28 January 2009

I had a really positive experience at the Best Western Pioneer Square Hotel. The bed was very comfortable, which is a big plus for me. It was also very quiet. Perhaps it was the time of year, I don't know. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The concierge Greg is great! Very helpful and friendly. He greeted us with a smile and sent us off with one! I also really liked their extensive continental breakfast - the belgian waffles were a plus. It saved us money on eating breakfast out. I really appreciate that. One final note, Pioneer Square is one of the nicest parts of Seattle. It's unique, with streets lined with independent stores, and is filled with beautiful architecture. This hotel is right where you want to be. Right in Pioneer Square and very close to the waterfront (hint: eat at Ivar's Acres of Clams!!). I will definitely stay here again when I come back to Seattle.

• Liked — comfy bed, friendly staff, location
  • Disliked — not a good view from the room
  • Stayed January 2009
1 Thank lisaleaky
kalispell, mt
Reviewed 26 January 2009

I booked a city view room last minute for my husband's 50th birthday. I was relieved and surprised that the reservations were correct since it was such short notice. I also had a very last minute request...that there be something waiting in the room for my husband (card, balloons, wine, etc.). I was delighted when we arrived that the hotel staff greeted my husband with a "Happy Birthday" and when we entered our room there was a chilled bottle of sparkling wine awaiting us! It was perfect! We had a king bed in a city view room with a wonderful little balcony. It was a bit chilly, but we still managed to enjoy the balcony for awhile. The bed and pillows were great. No problems with the wireless internet. It was just a wonderful stay! We were within walking distance of everything...had a nice seafood dinner (McCormick & Schmick's) and visited several breweries. We had fallen in love with this hotel on a previous visit (within walking distance to Qwest and Safeco!) so we knew of the perfect little martini bar (Martin's Martini Heaven) just across the street from our hotel. Wonderful way to end the evening. Was a quick trip, but this hotel made it comfortable, relaxing, convenient, and romantic....just perfect!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — must pay for parking ($20)
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed 25 January 2009

We were delighted with the lovely old fashioned and tasteful feel of this hotel. It was better than the photos suggested.
Its location was superb- close to great seafood cafes on the piers, close to modern coffee shops, a 5 minute walk to the station and all local shops, and a 20 minute scenic walk to the Space needle.
Adjacent is a fabulous chocolate shop.
Breakfast was well catered and the free newspaper appreciated.
Staff were delightful and keen to offer advice sought.
Beds were really comfy and the bathroom modern and well appointed.
The room charges were most reasonable.
Overall the great attraction was the lovely historic feel of the hotel and its environs.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
spokane'wa
Reviewed 6 January 2009

This was Old World Excellence at it's best.THIS is the place to stay at when visiting the historical area of Seattle. Your right on the water front near the ferry's and great sea food restraunts,and still with'in walking distance for great blues and jazz music. The staff for this hotel are excellent,they make you feel right at home. The breakfast was great.We did'nt have to travel far to have a good cup of "JOE" and a light meal to start our adventurous day off into one of the most beautifull city's in america. This hotel is in an area that makes it easy to get to any place you want to go and still find your way back, I highly recomend this hotel for your next visit to seattle.

• Liked — comfort
  • Disliked — soda machine out on my floor
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank everywhereman2
CA
Reviewed 26 December 2008

We were coming by train from Portland and the Best Western Pioneer Square is conveniently located, just a six block walk from the Amtrak station. Also a good location for exploring Seattle. It's easy to get to Pike Place Market Place, restaurants and downtown locations on foot or by bus. Pioneer Square is worth exploring and has a great bookstore, the Elliot Bay Book Company.

What we didn't know before we got there is that there is an elevated freeway that runs above the part of the waterfront that is immediately west of the hotel. That area of the waterfront is, as a consequence, very noisy and not very attractive.

We were there in July and it was hot enough that we needed the air conditioning provided by the room's older window unit. Thankfully, the air conditioner blocked the freeway noise. I wouldn't stay there at other times of year with nothing to block the noise. Since other reviewers describe their rooms as quiet, maybe there are quieter rooms further down Yesler street from the freeway. Or maybe some people are better at tuning out that kind of noise.

Aside from the noisy location, this hotel was fine; clean, comfortable enough, reasonably priced when compared to other hotels further north. Breakfast was fine though nothing memorable.

• Liked — convenient location
  • Disliked — location; noise from freeway
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank RW53
Bremerton
Reviewed 14 December 2008

As a Travel Agent, I've stayed at quite a few hotel, but this is the only Historic hotel so far... & I loved it! Had to go back for a personal stay. The decor is beautiful, the lobby furniture fits the time period & is still comfy. The city view rooms are great - love the little balconies. Great breakfast, nice people, great location - The Seattle Underground Tours is a 1/2 block away. I've aready sent my folk there for a stay & have told others.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled on business