“Great Value in a close in location”

Best Western Plus Pioneer Square Hotel
Ranked #33 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 24 February 2009

My girlfriend and I spend two nights at the Pioneer Square Best Western in January while we were in town for the boat show. I have been staying at the hotel at least once a year since it was renovated in the early 90's. A friend told me about its very competitive rates and close in location to the market/downtown as well as to the stadiums and waterfront.

PSH is not the flashiest place in town, meal service is limited to a simple coffee/pastry service, but it is almost always the best value in town--the rooms are as nice as you see in the best western urban niche, and the staff and service are exceptional.

I like that it is only a short walk to the the waterfront and stadium district while only a short cab ride to the market and downtown. Parking is limited and off site, but for the price savings it is never an issue to me.

there is usually a lot going on in Pioneer Square and only on one Mardi Gras week have I ever found a little late night revelery to be noticed from my room.

the best rooms are the ones with balcony's and I always stay in one of them.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 February 2009

Not sure how hotels are rated but i've stayed at ones in the 2 star rating that are much nicer than this one!!!Place is clean, but the beds are the worst.......bed are from a 1 start type hotel, nice pillows however......There are a large number of homeless panhandling in the area and you can't do the 1.5 block walk from parking without getting hit up...pretty rough neighborhood and seems to be getting worse.. The bellman was awesome and the night cleck fun...however the day staff sucks....over charged us on one room and wounldn't honor price......also because of that we check out and went else where....they are still trying to charge me for 4 more nights that we aren't going to be there for...
Very bad customer service skills and also called best western to complain, seems all are independent...we'll see how honest they are

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank videospy
Reviewed 16 February 2009

Pioneer Square has everything, shops, restaurants. State Ferry 1 blk for water, City bus 1 blk to everywhere, AMTRAK short walk, ball parks just a short walk.
Hotel quiet, Continental breakfast more than adequate for big eaters.
Only 1 nite but will go back to Seattle and this hotel.
Retirement bonding trip with brother, great time.

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed 8 February 2009

The Pioneer Square Hotel is a good location for the attractions in the historical part of Seattle and is close to the ferry service. There are several restaurants nearby that are fun and casual.

However, the surrounding area appears to be "home" to several homeless persons, but there were no problems with any harassment. It was not a problem for us.

The hotel was recently renovated and is clean with spacious rooms and a reasonable price. Breakfast, though, was mediocre, but we didn't expect anything great.

It is well worth considering if you looking for a good hotel in that area of the city.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2009

I'm tempted to rate the stay and hotel as excellent but I have to keep that in ranking in reserve. We over nighted at the hotel arriving in the evening by aircraft and departed late next afternoon by train. We selected the hotel as it is downtown not far from the train station. Staff at the hotel was very helpful in giving ideas on where to eat and places to see. Rooms were very nice (goes without saying they were clean) and the hotel has real turn of the century (1800-1900 century that is) character which fits in well with the history around Pioneer Square. We booked a larger than average room and it was very roomy, big King size bed, lots of light, windows overlooking the street, spacious nicely appointed bathroom and a large TV. Street noise was not a problem and room was quiet although the hotel was far from full. We stored our bags at the hotel with the obliging staff during the afternoon prior to our train departure allowing us to roam around town. Two memorable sites near the hotel are Pikes Market and the National Park Service Klondike Museum. Some day we plan to revisit and continue our explorations of Seattle.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank whitehead2
Reviewed 5 February 2009

This was the second time I stayed in this hotel, and it was as friendly and comfortable as last time. The staff are all nice and helpful, not to mention the hotel' s location. Strongly recommend to travellers who come to town for the first time.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2009

My fiancee stayed in Seattle for a romantic three day two night stay. We looked for a hotel that was close enough to walk to our favorite spots within the city and decided to stay at the Best Western Pioneer Square Hotel. It is within walking distance from both the Seattle Aquarium, Pike place market, and many great restaurants.
Upon first arriving I had trouble working the card key lock but the bell hop was very friendly and assisted us getting into our room to relax. He finished showing us our room and quietly left us to start our night.
Our wake up call came in on the dot which, for my hotel experience was rare but preferred. The continental breakfast was served pipping hot! Fresh Belgian waffles with coffee for my fiancee and myself. They had fresh fruit, yogurt and much more which we couldn't stuff ourselves with. However, I did sneak some fruit for later in the day. The staff was very polite and the food was never empty nor cold.
After a day out we returned to a well turned down room. The front desk was more then happy to sneak a bottle of champagne into our room while we were out so I could surprise my fiancee per my request by phone. We relaxed in our room the remainder of the night. Our room had a balcony overseeing the front entrance which made it nice to watch the foot traffic of the city.
After spending weekends at other hotels in the past, their prices never were justified with what we received. All of the Amenities at Pioneer Square Hotel were more then adequate and my fiancee will most definitely return. The room was superb, the staff was more then helpful, friend and went well above and beyond.
If you plan on going to Seattle ANYTIME soon, I would highly recommend sneaking into this wonderful hotel and staying awhile. You won't regret it!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple