“Fantastic Hotel and Staff !!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Best Western Plus Pioneer Square Hotel

Best Western Plus Pioneer Square Hotel
Ranked #31 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
“Fantastic Hotel and Staff !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2009

I am new to Washington state, friends and circumstances have taken me to Seattle numerous times for overnite stay.
I was lucky enough to find the Best Western Pioneer Square Hotel for my travel arrangements.
I have traveled all over the United States and Europe, I have to say this is the most pleasant hotel and staff I have ever encountered.
Michael is always at the front desk to greet us, always smiling, professional and willing to LISTEN to the guests needs and wants. Very uncommon these days!!!
The rooms are beautiful remodeled to the original era. The location is fantastic, walking to Pikes Market, the ferrys, surrounded by shops, restaurants and coffee houses.
The lobby is very comfortable with great tourist information and a wonderful warming fire to sit and relax by.
All of these wonderful attributes, make the Best Western at Pioneer Square in Seattle Wa., an absolute pleasure to continue my trips to Seattle.
If it was not for the staff, Michael, in particular I may have stayed at an alternative hotel. In fact on my last trip, there was another hotel in the vacinity, same star value, cheaper in price and I would image other ways, I chose to stay at Best Western Pioneer Square without hesitation because of my wonderful experience.
I would also like to mention Katarina, who is always pleasant with a big smile.
You are very fortunate to have Michael, who obviously loves his job, torking for you.
Thank you again for a wonderful experience!!!
Wendy Whitehouse

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank wendywhitehouse117

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
honolulu
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2009

We bookended our trip to Vancouver, B.C., by staying here in Seattle as we flew in and out from Honolulu. Was really great as we were close (we walked) to Amtrak to catch our train from the hotel and then on the return we had a great time exploring seattle before flying out the next day. Was very convenient, super clean, friendly and good breakfast to get going in the morning. The suggestion of the Italian place close by was great!! Greg setup our transportation to and from the airport and both Omar and Jilie (?) were great. If we were to return to seattle we would stay here again. The night guy (dont know his name) was very welcoming etc. Good place, we recommend it.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2009

We have stayed at the hotel every spring on the week-end closest to our anniversary. This year is our 25th, and our stay was wonderful. It seemed like all the staff knew. When we arrived, we found a lavish gift basket including champagne, waiting. The hotel is charming and the service is personal. We return because we always feel welcomed and it is never impersonal. The hotel is within easy walking distance of many activities and the Pioneer Square district is eclectic and fun.

Truckee, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2009

The Pioneer Square Hotel is a great place to stay while in Seattle. It is close to the waterfront, Safeco Field, Quest Field, public transit and downtown. The staff is very professional and friendy, the rooms are very comfortable and clean and the breakfast is great too. I have stayed at the Pioneer Square Hotel many times for the last twelve years and still enjoy every visit.

Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2009

This was my third stay at this hotel and I wasn't disappointed.

It is located in the historic heart of Seattle and has several interesting places nearby, including Pioneer Square itself with its native American totem poles, the Klondyke Goldrush Museum, several of Seattle's famous coffee houses and what must be one of the USA's finest bookshops. There is also a reasonable selection of restaurants within walking distance. The area is not too noisy and felt perfectly safe.

The hotel itself is an older building with an individual and historical character. I prefer this style of hotel to very large, more modern but often bland hotels. My room was spacious, spotlessly clean and everything worked. I had suffered a sporting injury immediately before my visit and needed some special assistance, the staff were friendly and extremely helpful.

There is no restaurant but there is a breakfast buffet - fairly simple items, cereals, yoghurt, waffles, etc. Sadly, the excellant selection of Torrefazione coffee from the store that used to be nearby is no longer available.

This was another enjoyable stay and I would certainly stay there again if I travel to Seattle.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2009

We were right where we wanted to be - walking distance to Pike Place, Pioneer Square, Qwest WaMu Center, waterfront. Our room was ready when we walked in the door early. I loved the old, vintage feeling, wide halls and stairs to our room. The bathroom was spotless, the shower was great. We parked the car and never touched it until we drove home. The neighborhood was quaint with marvelous shops and restaurants. I highly recommend it. It was relaxing not taking taxis and being able to run in and out of our hotel as we went from place to place. The staff was friendly, helpful and ready.

1 Thank odenski
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2009

I didn't plan my trip to Seattle very far ahead, and so was thrilled that this hotel worked out so well! I arrived early in the morning, and luckily my room was ready, and it was a lovely room - the girl at the front desk had managed to give me a better room than the one I had originally been quoted on. It was spacious and comfortable, with my only complaint being that the bathroom door automatically shut itself, which could be really annoying. The staff were very helpful, when I had questions about tours and so on, and the location was very close to Pioneer Square, and within the area of the city which had free buses during the day, which made getting around very easy.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo