“Decent hotel, Sketchy location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Best Western Plus Pioneer Square Hotel

Best Western Plus Pioneer Square Hotel
Ranked #31 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Michigan
“Decent hotel, Sketchy location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2010

Overall the hotel was not a bad one. The thing that turned us off about the trip was the location of the hotel. While staying there my family got approached by homeless people everyday, at least 4 times a day while we walked around the Pioneer District. Enough to make you feel uncomfortable with a baby in tow. Also on the last night of our stay, my father got propositioned by a homeless woman on his way back from the parking garage alone. The bell men at the hotel were very friendly, and the rooms were clean. Breakfast was average, and nothing to write home about. Then again though, it was free. If we were to go to Seattle again, I would spend more money to stay somewhere else. The savings that this hotel offers compared to the more expensive ones downtown were not worth it. This was the first Tripadvisor.com rating that I truly felt was over-rated and incorrect.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2010

Seattle is one of my favorite cities and i had not visited in a long time. So my husband and I planned a long weekend there. The Best western was a great choice for us to get reaquainted with this fabulous city. They hotel was perfect and the location too. the staff were helpful in every way. And the price was great too, leaving us extra money to splurge on other things!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Danville, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2009

The staff at this hotel went all out. From the day I checked in, I was treated like I was very special. I even participated in decorating the beautiful Christmas tree in the lobby, drinking hot cocoa from Starbucks! The concierges (all) were outstanding. Everyone, without exception, was friendly and helpful. The hotel is located close to Pike Place and downtown, definitely walking distance and the weather was exceptional for this time of year and that helped a lot. The only drawback was the area is a little sketchy at night, so I'd recommend being aware of your surroundings in the evening. The accommodations were pleasant, and the bed was very comfortable.

Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2009

Good location, walking distance to International District and the Downtown shopping area, but in the immediate area, not much is open later in the evening. The staff is just so darn chipper that you can't help but be in a good mood even after a crappy flight. We checked in and got upgraded to a suite with a balcony and nice overlook. Very nice of them to offer - most hotels wouldn't even in the deadest of off-season. The internet is free, the rooms are comfy, and the toiletries are Neutrogena. Can't ask for more if I'm looking to spend less then $90 for prime locale. Parking is a pain --$20, but I can't really fault them. It's pretty much all paid limited parking. A little secret, walk all the way up the hill on Yesler toward residential and there will be free parking, unlimited. Also try next to the fire station, just east of Yesler. It's about .5 mile walk.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2009

We had travelled 1000 miles via Amtrak celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary.
This hotel is in the Historic Area of Seattle which I did not know when the reservations (via AAA) were made. Old brick building, small lobby, nice with fireplace, palms and a couple of chairs, nothing spectacular but it filled the needs of a lobby.

You can imagine my surprise when we opened the door to our room and it was SPECTACULAR! Gorgeous furnishings, tri ceiling, lovely view of the quiet tree lined street below, tons of period furniture including a long couch and lovely desk, and the biggest bed I have ever seen (I sleep on a California King, at home).

I can hardly wait to return!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2009

We just got back from a weekend stay at the Best Western Pioneer Square in Seattle and the stay was beyond my expectations. During our last visit, we booked a hotel for a similar price and it was a complete dump so when I was able to book this hotel for a very reasonable rate with my CAA discount, I wasn't expecting too much. The hotel was in a great location, lots of places to eat and drink in the area plus close to some great places like the Crab Pot on the waterfront. The staff that we encountered during our stay were all so nice and friendly. The room was large and very clean with a nice big bathroom and tub! It was quiet, we never heard a single noise while in our rooms. The breakfast that is included was ok, nothing spectacular but lots to choose from with waffles, bagels, cereal, eggs, etc. The hotel is also in the "ride free" zone so you can ride the bus for free. We also walked and took a cab to the main shopping area and it is super close. Overall, nothing but good things to say and we will be back for sure! One thing, if you stay here and looking for something fun to do at night, the Comedy Underground is a very short 2 minute walk from the hotel and for $15, we got to see 2 comedians and it was a great time!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
eugene or
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2009

a well preserved old hotel in a perfect location for our visits to seattle. we like to walk in the city, so using the car park two blocks away is convenient. close to train station, safeco field, elliot bay book store, seattle art museum, pike mkt (maybe 12 blocks), and an easy city bus ride to husky stadium.
the hotel is clean and comfortable. the staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2009