“reception”

Ranked #61 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Richland, United States
“reception”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

people at the reception were not helpful or friendly...room was clean and had a window heating unit which was noisy ...had people shouting outside in the middle of the night... paid for parking ..$10 a night..

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Maria D, Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so sorry to hear that the front desk were not helpful or friendly. Please contact me directly at mdiangco@clisehotels.com. I would like to ask for more information during your stay. My apologies if the window heating unit was noisy. I will share your comment with the maintenance team. Also, as for the people shouting outside, I would like to let you know that we do have security that patrols the area from 10am until 7am. I hope you consider staying with us again and I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

BEST WESTERN Loyal Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Astoria, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

We booked this hotel based on listing of amenities , which included a hot tub and full breakfast. When we arrived, we asked about the hot tub and were told it was under maintenance that evening. I asked if it would be open in the morning and was told it would be. In the morning, the person at the desk said it wouldn't be open until the evening, as it was undergoing scheduled maintenance. So... I felt that we should have been told ahead of time. As for the breakfast, it was very limited with no meats and just a few choices. As for the area, it was close to many dining options within walking distance, including a Whole Foods 3 blocks away.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Maria D, Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your experience. My apologies about the hot tub being under maintenance when you arrived. As for breakfast, we have other hot items which includes scrambled eggs, oatmeal and waffles. We are unable to serve any type of meat during breakfast because our property doesn't have a restaurant on site therefore for sanitation and health purposes we are unable to serve any type of meat. I hope you consider staying with us again and please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you visit Seattle.

Thank you.

Yakima, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Too much noise. Heat system did not work properly. Some one next door tried to enter our room through the adjoining door in the middle of the night. No extra blankets in the room. A very BAD nights stay. We would not use this facility again!

Maria D, Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that the heat system in your room did not work properly. If you could please inform the front desk next time that way we could move you to a different room. Of course, we would like for you to be comfortable during your stay. We also offer extra blankets and our house person will gladly bring that to your room. I hope you consider staying with us again.

Klamath Falls, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

If you ask for anything they will charge your card. They have an old hotel - the halls smell bad and the doors have cracks in them - you can hear everything that goes on in the hotel. we stayed there for business, but will not do it ever again.

Maria D, Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate you taking the time to write your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay but I would like to share with you that the charges on your folio were parking charges and not blanket charge. The extra blankets and extra cups are complimentary, we do not charge for those amenities. I hope you consider staying with us again and thank you again for your comments.

Corvallis, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

The staff are very pleasant and helpful. The room was disappointing. The bed had one thin blanket with no extra blankets in the room. The bed also had a bad odor to it - my daughter described it as "chicken poop". Room heater touch a few hours to warm up the room, and even though it was set to 68 degrees it became too hot. Parking is a bit unnerving as it winds around the building with narrow areas.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am very pleased to hear that you were able to find the team pleasant and helpful. My apologies if the room was not up to your expectations. However, I would like to share with you that we do provide extra blankets for our guests. I hope you come stay with us again, please give us another chance to be of service to you. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you visit Seattle.

Port Orchard, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

The room was large, but very empty. They offered a gas fireplace, which was a really cool idea, except there were no instructions on how to light it and when I asked the staff about it, they weren't helpful and I never did get to use it since I didn't want gas leaking in the room. The pillows were very uncomfortable (which is usually my problem with BW) I brought my own to get around this since I enjoy the locations and the prices of BW.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comment. I would like to apologize if the staff was not helpful about the fireplace. I will most definitely talk to the team about this. However, I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the location and the prices of Best Western Hotels. Thank you for choosing to stay in our property, I hope you stay with us again and give us a second chance to be of service to you and your guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on your future stay.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and it was a nice stay. The hotel has a very good location and we really liked to shop/eat at the Whole foods which is very close. Our room was clean and beds were comfortable. We really enjoyed having our free breakfast at the hotel, the dining area was nice, clean and the food presentation good. Of course it was not breakfast we would usually eat, but coffee was good, some yogurt, choices of bread, bagels, waffles, fruit, eggs, etc.. It was a free breakfast and we did not except much and to be able to have a coffee and toast and a free newspaper was good enough for us.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the proximity of the hotel to Whole Foods which is just a block away. I am happy to hear as well that you were able to find the room clean and the beds comfortable, I will share this comment to the housekeeping team. They really work hard to ensure we provide excellent service to all our guests. We hope to see you soon in Seattle.