“Loyal inn”
Review of The Loyal Inn

The Loyal Inn
Ranked #59 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel was okay the gym is small and there is no pool just a hot tub. the breakfast was very average. the hotel is good for getting around Seattle. My stay was average at best. I would stay here again only if it was my last resort.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Don C
Maria D, Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Don C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about the Best Western Loyal Inn. We are happy to hear that you were able to find the hotel good for getting around Seattle. Our hotel is right in the heart of Downtown Seattle and we are within walking distance to most of the tourist areas. We hope you consider staying with us again on your next visit to Seattle. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have inquires regarding booking.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

First, Let me say we had a terrible problem with another downtown Seattle hotel which eventually brought us here to the Best Western Loyal Inn. You can read that review later, but to make a long story short we lost our entire week long reservation with that other brand hotel so we were really desperate to find a room for the week. Well, Lo and Behold, we walked over to this hotel and they not only had a room for the night but they were able to book us in for the entire week.
The entire staff was helpful and friendly, from helping us book the entire week and a matching price thanks to Justin as well as giving us a great real late night suggestion to eat at " The 5 Point Cafe' " which for a meal at midnight was absolutely delicious, all the hashbrowns you can eat. They were also very helpful in storing our bags while we spent one night in Victoria, BC and for booking our reservation for the entire week so we did not have to worry about accomodation details.

Here are some other very positive things, There was tons of parking, now it wasn't free but it was cheap and we never had to worry about finding a place to park our car, that alone was worth the few dollars a day to park. The breakfast was very good and we ate every single morning, the staff was very hard working. The location to downtown attractions was very convenient as well, getting around was not a problem. We had a Whole Foods market around the corner and that was nice for a simple place for drinks and light meals. I would also note for other travelers that this hotel was much closer to the cruise docks than many other locations in downtown. This may also be helpful.
All in All, this hotel worked out great for us. The staff was super, the rooms were clean, the AC was cold, we slept great and we were able to enjoy our vacation thanks to the prompt service we received the first night when we had such problems with another hotel near by.
Thank you, Loyal Inn Employees, YOU, really made the difference. Thank you, Again. Philip T.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank philip t

Dear Philip T,

What a lovely review!! Thank you very much for the very kind comments. I will share this review with the staff and I am sure they will be delighted! I am sorry to hear about the lapse from your previous booking with another hotel but I am glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your needs! We are glad that the Best Western Loyal Inn worked out great for you. There is really nothing more important to us than being able to have the guest enjoy their stay while they are on vacation or far away from home.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed here with my family( husband & our two boys, aged 16 & 17 yrs.old) on August 1, 2014. We stayed at this hotel for one night, because we arrived one day before our Alaskan cruise that was leaving from Seattle on August 2. We picked this hotel, because it was close to many of the touristy places we wanted to go see and it was close to the cruise ship terminal.

We arrived early in Seattle and arrived at the hotel by 10:30am, of course our room wasn't ready and I didn't expect it to be ready, but they did store our luggage until it was time to check-in, which is 4:00pm. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and told us that our room would probably be ready before 4:00pm(yay!!). We walked to the Space Needle and the EMP museum while waiting for our room to become ready. Depending how fast you walk, it only took about 10-15 minutes to walk to the Space Needle and the EMP museum(which is right next door to the Space Needle). After eating lunch, walked back to the hotel around 1:30pm and our room was available to check-in. I was so happy, I love when I am able to check-in early.

The room was a decent size, it had two full beds and appeared to be very clean. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room, other than sleep in it. According to my two children the wi-fi worked very well, as teenagers their biggest concern when staying at a hotel is whether the wi-fi works. The hotel has a fitness center and hot tub. I personally didn't use the hot tub, but I went with my family when they went to the hot tub (it's indoors) and they enjoyed it.

As I stated before, this hotel is within walking distance of many of the places a typical tourist will want to go see. In the evening we walked to Pikes Place/Market, but if you are not in great shape, the walk might be difficult for you. I am not in the best shape and I found the walk slightly difficult and as a first time visitor to Seattle, I didn't realize how hilly/steep some of the streets would be.
Free breakfast was included in the price of our stay and I have to say that I enjoyed the variety that was offered for breakfast. My children were disappointed that bacon was not served, but they got over the lack of bacon for breakfast. The breakfast area was very nice and clean, we were able to find a table for all four of us to eat together.

Overall we enjoyed our one night stay here and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

2  Thank Hanna D
Maria D, Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Hannah D,

Thank you very much for the very nice review! We are always glad to hear from our guests! I am glad we were able to accommodate early check in for you. Our housekeepers does a great job in turning over rooms promptly and efficiently. I am also happy to hear that you were able to find the team friendly and accommodating and that you were able to enjoy the complimentary breakfast that the hotel offers. Thank you for your future recommendations and we hope you stay with us again on your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My family and I ( hubby and two teenage boys, 16 & 17) stayed at this Best Western on August 1, 2014. Our family was going on a cruise to Alaska and we arrived a day before our cruise left Seattle. Our flight landed early and we arrived at the hotel by 10:15 am, of course we didn't expect our room to be ready, but the hotel did hold our luggage until our room was ready. This hotel is within walking distance to the Space Needle, EMP Museum and Pikes Market. We walked around the area by the hotel (didn't realize that Seattle was so hilly). Found a great place to eat, Zeeks pizza restaurant. Walked back to the hotel, because we were tired from so much walking (especially those hilly streets, I'm from Chicago, I am used to flat land). Got back to the hotel around 1:30 and they told us that our room was ready. Anytime a hotel lets me check-in early, automatically makes me like them, hotel check-in usually isn't until 4:00 pm. The room was nice with two full beds, a nice tv and a view of the Needle from our room. My kids said there weren't enough outlets in the room to charge all their electronics, but I think that maybe we travelled with too many electronics. Between four people, we had four smartphones, one laptop and two tablets. I'm not sure any hotel would have enough outlets for all of our electronics. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was clean and the free breakfast the next morning had a decent variety. My kids thought there would be bacon offtered at breakfast and were disappointed. The breakfast area was nice and spacious with tvs to watch while you ate breakfast. We had no problem finding a place to sit down in the breakfast area. I would stay at this hotel next time I am in Seattle, because it is close to most of what you want to see in Seattle. I mention that Pikes Market is within walking distance, but I have to admit the walk to Pikes Market did tire me out and we ended up taking a cab back to the hotel after visiting Pikes Market. My family and I enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone who is visting Seattle. The staff were very friendly and accomodating.

2  Thank Hanna D

Dear Hannah D,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

You can't beat the location. Walking to about everything. Space Needle, Pikes Market and bus. Make sure you use AAA or AARP. They didn't they had it when booking but when I showed up I over heard someone talking about it and I saved about 50.00 when using it.The Free breakfast was good but they were very busy on and only one person working it was very messy and running out of stuff the one person couldn't keep up. Only thing we didn't care for is the rooms are a little outdated and the bathrooms need a little love in them.

1  Thank Dustin S

Dear Dustin S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a feedback regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Loyal Inn. Indeed, we do have discounts for 3A, AARP, Government and even Costco Membership! I am glad you were able to avail of the discount! My sincere apologies about the breakfast area, we take your comments to heart and we will work on this. I will share your comments with the maintenance team regarding the bathrooms, we are continuously upgrading our rooms and we did recently put new tiles in our bathroom.

Thank you.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel looks old on the outside but is quite nice. The beds are comfy and the staff is helpful. They gave us some great suggestions for dinner. There was also a big fridge and microwave in the room. It's a little far from the market but the walk was only about 1.2 miles. It's only half a mile from the Space Needle. Great liquor and wine store next door. It's huge! We would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank linzraye00
Maria D, Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear linzray00,

Thank you for your very nice review. I am glad that you were able to find the beds comfortable and the staff helpful. Certainly, our front desk agents are all very knowledgeable about the area and will be able to help out with any suggestions or recommendations for the best food here in Seattle! I am glad you were able to make use of the free amenities in the room such as the microwave and refrigerator. We are looking forward on your next stay with us.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have had mixed reviews with Best Western in the past. Honestly only picked this because it fit my very limited budget, but was very pleasantly surprised! The staff were/are very accomododating and nice. The rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable! Great location. And the breakfast buffet was quite good. They had this apple oatmeal that actual got me looking forward to am. They have great teas! Hope to go back someday!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear MaureenA,

What a lovely review! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at the Best Western Loyal Inn. I am very happy to hear that you were able to find the staff nice and accommodating. I will share your comments about the room being clean and the bed being comfortable with the housekeeping team. I am sure they will e thrilled! We are looking forward for your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact us directly on your next visit to Seattle!