“Poor Service/Quality for what I aid for.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Loyal Inn

The Loyal Inn
Ranked #61 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Burnaby, BC, Canada
“Poor Service/Quality for what I aid for.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

For what I paid for I received poor service and quality from the staff. The room was okay but the beds could stand to be changed. In general, I was disappointed with this chain in this part of town. First time I've stayed at a best Western where service for price was poor.

Dear Sandra N,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I am very disappointed to hear that you have received poor service and quality from the staff. Everyday, we strive to make sure we deliver superior customer service to each and everyone of our guests that is why I am appalled with your review. We take guest's feedback to heart and I will share your comments with the team. We do hope you consider staying with Best Western again so we can deliver the service you deserve.

BEST WESTERN Loyal Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

First I would like to say that the Seattle airport is the worst I have been in for helping new arrivals. There is no help/information stations around no place from the time you get off to the transport area. No city maps, no phones, nothing. I used the train to get to the hotel and again the map did not show the city under it so you had no idea when to get off. I called the hotel and they could not tell me. I got off 1/2 mile fr the hotel. There are NO taxis. I later learned that cannot pick up people at the curb. Got a city map at hotel. Downtown is a walkable distance for me. If you go out of the hotel like you are going to the needle($18 sr rate/65) but the park is some restaurants. I ate at the5 point cafe. Language is a little brashish but good food. The taxi ride to get to the train station(5th & Pine) for airport cost 8.5 no traffic. The train one way is 2.25 Taxi to airport is $40. They have a business center but no A/C in it was very hot. Printer did not work. My room rate was 220 per night which to me is very high. For Seattle it is a middle price.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank hrcalso
Dear hrcalso,

First, I would like to thank you for your review. Second, I am sorry to hear about your experience with the Seattle Tacoma Airport. There should be an information center right before you go to the baggage claim area. As for the business center printer, my apologies if it was not working at that time, the most common reason for it was it was out of paper which is an easy fix if reported to the front desk. We hope you consider visiting Seattle again as we are a very wonderful city.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Seattle is expensive and this was $200 a night for an older Best Western. Most of the staff was good and it was clean, which is my most important concern. The included breakfast was good and the rooms were a nice size. Not much going on in the immediate neighborhood, which looked a bit dumpy, but walkable to the Space Needle and there are close bus stops. A few blocks over in a couple directions brings you to more interesting areas. If you have kids the larger rooms and included breakfast are good.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen C
Dear Karen C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you were able to find the staff good and the hotel clean. We do understand that is the most important concern of our guests! Indeed, we are within walking distance to most of the tourist areas here in Downtown Seattle. Glad to hear that you were also able to enjoy the complimentary breakfast we provide for our guests! We hope you enjoyed your stay in Seattle!

New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a luxury hotel this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a hotel in Seattle Center area with access to many bus lines and walking distance to decent restaurants and coffee shops that are not Starbuck's then give this place a look. It seems a little expensive for what you get, but from researching Seattle hotels nothing is that cheap.

The staff was great our entire stay. The breakfast is not gourmet but it will get you started for the day. The rooms are large with a refrigerator and two sinks which are separated by door to the shower and toilet. This is a plus for families. One little gem right next door is a liquor store with a huge selection of wine and craft beer. They also do wine and beer tastings. With enough early warning you can schedule a very reasonably priced shuttle to the train station or airport. The biggest negative in the hotel was a slight musty smell in the hallway.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 2baGuy
Dear 2baGuy,

Thank you for the very kind comments! I am glad to hear that the staff was able to provide superior customer service during your stay. I am glad that you were able to find the rooms large and the breakfast great. The hotel's location is also just a couple blocks away from the tourist areas in Seattle and like you said, the liquor store is just next door! We hope you stay with us again on your next visit to Seattle.

Corvallis, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

This hotel is located within walking distance of many Seattle attractions. The room was average and rather comfortable. Rugs are showing signs of age. Shampoo dispenser was empty and remained so even after reporting it. Breakfast was very, very good. Some minor inconveniences, but would probably stay again when in the area.

1 Thank Cris R
Dear Cris R,

Thank you so much for your recent review. I am glad that you were able to find the hotel conveniently located and within walking distance to the Seattle attractions. My apologies about the shampoo dispenser being empty even after you reported it. I will share this with the Housekeeping Department and ensure this doesn't happen in the future. Glad that you liked our breakfast! Thank you very much and we are looking forward on your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you need help in booking a reservation.

Tampa, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Clean, quiet and convenient. While the room decor was VERY dated and there was a wall unit AC/heater that I personally found loud, the location can't be beat. Walking distance to the Space Needle, Pike's Market and great Belltown restaurants.For the price (We were there during the summer "cruise season" so the price was high for the value *($250 a night). But downtown Seattle is pricey overall so perhaps it's not out of line.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank deannawils
Dear deannawils,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a feedback regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Loyal. I am very glad to hear that you were able to find the hotel clean, quiet and convenient. My sincere apologies about the AC in the room, I have shared your comments with the maintenance team and they will take care of this one ASAP. We hope you stay with us again on your next visit to Seattle!

Alameda, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed with my 15 year old son, used folding bikes to explore Seattle and liked the location of the Loyal Inn. Very easy to get to Belltown restaurants and friendly staff, on a bike route. Enjoyed the newspaper both USA Today and the local paper, the breakfast and the easy parking.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Maria D, Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Leo O,

What a very skillful way to explore Seattle! You made use of folding bikes! We are happy to hear that you liked the location of the hotel. Indeed, we are right in the heart of Downtown Seattle and within walking distance to most of the tourist areas. Bell town is only three blocks away from us and I am joyful to hear that you were able to find the staff helpful. Thank you very much for staying with us and we hope you stay with us again on your next visit to the Emerald City!