“Disappointing”
Review of The Loyal Inn

The Loyal Inn
Ranked #63 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 25 July 2009

I booked 2 nights with this hotel. On the eve of my departure, I called the front desk around 10.30pm so I can pay my bills since I have an early morning flight to catch and also since im travelling with little children so I wouldnt miss my flight. I spoke to one Veronica who told me its not allowed. I have to checkout in the morning, I therefore explained that my flight is 6am and I have to drive almost 30mins. to Seatac and also get my kids ready in the morning and its very hectic. After challenging and let her know that all bestwestern and other hotels allowed guest to pay their bills on the eveof the departure, she agreed but rude with attitude. I felt very disrespected and ask my son to take the money to the front desk. My son phoned me immediately from the front desk and complained that Veronica is rude and yelling at him. I ask to speak to her and she refused and was on the phone for 10mins and she wouldnt talk to me and left my son standing there and went home and another employee took over who told me I can report to a Manager who will come 7am but then I will not be around.
I cant believe that a hotel will hire such an employee to take care of guest. It is disappointing and will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank QUEENFAIR
BWLOYALINN, Front Office Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2009

I am sorry you had a such an experience. Our priority is great customer service. Steps have been taken to ensure that this experience will not be repeated.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us at any time.

There are newer reviews for The Loyal Inn

Reviewed 30 June 2009

IIt appears that there has been some remodeling since some of the comments here but it was a very nice small hotel to stay a night before you get on a cruise.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dwilson1022
BWLOYALINN, Front Office Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2009

Thank you for your kind words. It is a pleasure to provide a comfortable accomadations for our guests. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 28 June 2009

I arrived before noon and they let me check in early, which was nice. Of the 3 front desk people I dealt with, one was pleasant and helpful and the other two appeared annoyed that I was bothering them.
The window in my room did not lock and when I mentioned this to the front desk, they basically told me not to worry about it because my room was on the 3rd floor.
The complimentary breakfast is amazing - waffles, yogurt, cereal, toast, coffee, juice, muffins, danishes, and probably a few more things I didn't notice.
I didn't rent a car and was able to walk everywhere I wanted to go, including Safeco Field and Pike Place Market, but it was quite a far walk. The hotel is close to Westlake Center, where you can catch a free bus and ride anywhere in the downtown, if you don't want to walk.
It's about a 5-10 minute walk to Seattle Center (Experience Music Project, Space Needle, etc).
My room was clean but nothing fancy.
Next time I might pick a hotel further away and just take a taxi downtown. For $139/night I could probably find something better.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank daisygirl31
BWLOYALINN, Front Office Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2009

I'm sorry we haven't met your expectations. We do take customer service very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience you might have faced.

We hope to have you as a customer in the future and we will work to beat your expectations next time.

If you are in the Seattle Area please call for the Front Desk Manager and we will make sure you are taken care of to the best of our abilities.

Reviewed 25 May 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights on the second part of our trip because it was convenient to the Space Needle and because we were checking out at 3AM and did not want to spend a lot of money. For an expensive hotel, it met my expectations. It was clean and the room was a decent size. The hot time is pretty nice as well. Breakfast was ok, but not fabulous as some say. It is your typical continental breakfast with waffles (which I've seen before). It's a carb fest, lacking fruit and yogurt. The coffee was terrible, especially for being in Seattle. I had no requests or complaints, and therefore, cannot vouch for the friendliness of the staff. In sum, I would recommend only if looking for a budget hotel; in that category it is decent.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Flutegarden
BWLOYALINN, Front Office Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2009

Thank you for commenting on our hotel. We do provide a variety of fruit and yogurt as well as waffles and breakfast sandwiches.

I hope we have the oppurtunity to accomadate you again.

Reviewed 20 May 2009

Hotel was located .4 miles from Space Needle/Space Center. There were other hotels right next door or within immediate area (Holiday Inn, Ramada, Travelodge, etc.). The rooms were small and there were tiny/thin blankets that couldnt wrap up a newborn alone...The bathroom could have been cleaner as well as the rug. When I asked the housekeeper for face clothes bc we didnt have any, she went on to say that there WERE in fact face clothes in there and kept walking away from me (there were none, but why fight with her). The service could have been much better seeing that I told the desk person that my air conditioner was broken and my room was over 100 degrees. She responded by asking me what she wanted her to do about it and that it was my fault it was broken.
On the bright side, the breakfast was incredible with a wide variety of choices. However, it was usually packed (cant see how that many people were staying at the hotel at all times.)
The neighborhood did not seem that bad except for a lot of homeless people wandering around (I saw one of them walking away with a suitcase from the front door...dont really think it was his :)).
Overall, I didnt mind the location of the hotel but was really discouraged with the service I received....

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank irishfitzy
BWLOYALINN, Front Office Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2009

Thank you for commenting on the hotel.
I'm sorry you had some negative experiences during your stay with us. Service is a priority to us and we will work harder to make sure instances that you've experienced no longer happen.

If you ever come back to our area please contact the Front Office Manage (John) and we will make certain that your stay is a satifying one.

Reviewed 30 April 2009

The young man at the desk was very snotty & made rude comments to guests at the complimentary breakfast when he came in for a cup of coffee. The front desk staff was generally unfriendly & acted like they hated their jobs. They gave our room to a nice young couple the same day we checked in, then front desk staff called my room to tell me I was supposed to be in another room!!!! This poor couple was standing in the hallway with their mouths hanging open & a card key with my room # on it!!!! There were no extra pillows or blankets - I had to ask for a blanket. I will not be staying there again - there are other choices.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank vicVanc0uver

I apologize for the negative experiences you had with us during your stay. We have been working hard at making sure that all of our employees are helpful and pleasant.

I hope to have another oppurtunity to accomodate you next time you visit Seattle.

If you ever stay with us again, I think you will see the difference.

Reviewed 13 February 2009

We were very unsatisfied with our recent stay at the Best Western Loyal in Seattle. It started when I called to make the reservation. I was asked to call back in 15 minutes to make a reservation. I called back and talked to the security officer instead of the normal front desk personnel. It took him about 10 minutes to try to make our reservation before he handed the phone to the front desk person then we had to restart the whole process of checking in.

When we first entered our room we found a dirty black sock under the desk.

At about 7pm we started noticing a weird smell. I went into the hallway and the smell was way worse. We were in room 207 at the end of the hallway and there was a strong smell of marijuana coming from the area of 204. I notified the front desk and he said he would have someone come up and look into it. I waiting in the hallway for over half a hour and no one showed. The smell just got worse all night and gave my wife a bad headache. At 9pm I went down and asked them for a extra blanket. He stated I will send one right up and we waited a hour and it never showed so we went to bed no one ever brought it

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business