“Expensive”
Review of The Loyal Inn

The Loyal Inn
Ranked #60 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 21 September 2009

We stayed for 2 nights at the Loyal Inn in Seattle. The hotel is centrally located near the Space Needle. There is an expensive Japanese restaurant across the street from the hotel and a Subway about 3 blocks away. We felt the hotel needs to be updated and painted. Our room was on the 3rd floor right next to the ice machine but it was quiet. We paid $127.46 the first night which was a weekend and $106. 21 the second night. The breakfast was very good- fruit, muffins,cereals and waffels. We didn't actually swim in the pool just walked around the area it looked clean but small.
You have to pay to park your car and there are not many parking spots. Over all we felt the hotel was rather expensive for what you get.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
BWLOYALINN, Front Office Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2009

I'm happy you were comfortable at the hotel. As to the price I can assure you that we are very competitive with pricing and a similar hotel would have either been about the same or more expensive.

There are budget friendly restaurants in the area as well and I encourage all of our guests to take advantage of our guest services staff to find the right place for you.

I alsosuggest booking early and checking promotions and rates often to get the best deals.

Reviewed 9 September 2009

We booked 1 night at this hotel as part of our bi-annual family vacation. Upon arriving at the hotel all seemed to be well until we reached our room. With 3 people in our party we were sure to book queen sized beds in all rooms. Our room had 2 double beds. When I called the front desk and were told we could have a discount on our room rate as well as a fold away bed. This was appreciated. However they had to be reminded twice more to bring up the fold away.
The fold away took up all of the small room and when you slept on it you literally felt 'folded away' - top and bottom as well as from each side. The bed was impossible to move on and thoroughly uncomfortable - I slept about 2 hours that night.
There are little or no restaurants in the area, so if you are tired and want to grab a quick bite somewhere close, this is not the hotel for you.
The staff were polite, if not very prompt or attentive. I don't think I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Kylie S
BWLOYALINN, Front Office Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2009

I am sorry there was some confusion when the rooms were booked. The rooms with two beds, have always been double-sized. Not queens.

There are no less than 5 restaurants to eat at with-in a 3 block radius and many, many more with in a mile.

In the future we will be clearer on what guests are getting to ensure their expectations are more in line with what they receive.

Reviewed 16 August 2009

I cannot believe this hotel qualifies as a Best Western. I could live with the faded beauty aspect, but the beds were as hard as the floor -- unsleepable. Several guests in the morning said they were sore all over. I was sore and did not sleep a wink.
A really substandard hotel, which cannot improve until it gets new beds.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Ringhead
BWLOYALINN, Front Office Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2009

I am sorry for the incovenience and discomfort.

If you would like to call in on your specific reservation I would like to explore the possibility to recompense you.

The beds are very new and we hope you return to us so that we can make your next night absolutely comfortable.

Reviewed 14 August 2009

The hotel is situated near the centre of Seattle. You can walk to it in probably 5 to 15 minutes. The service was really good, very friendly people. I disliked the breakfast; not that much variety.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael W
BWLOYALINN, Front Office Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2009

Thank you for your kind words. Customer service is our top priority.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 25 July 2009

I booked 2 nights with this hotel. On the eve of my departure, I called the front desk around 10.30pm so I can pay my bills since I have an early morning flight to catch and also since im travelling with little children so I wouldnt miss my flight. I spoke to one Veronica who told me its not allowed. I have to checkout in the morning, I therefore explained that my flight is 6am and I have to drive almost 30mins. to Seatac and also get my kids ready in the morning and its very hectic. After challenging and let her know that all bestwestern and other hotels allowed guest to pay their bills on the eveof the departure, she agreed but rude with attitude. I felt very disrespected and ask my son to take the money to the front desk. My son phoned me immediately from the front desk and complained that Veronica is rude and yelling at him. I ask to speak to her and she refused and was on the phone for 10mins and she wouldnt talk to me and left my son standing there and went home and another employee took over who told me I can report to a Manager who will come 7am but then I will not be around.
I cant believe that a hotel will hire such an employee to take care of guest. It is disappointing and will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank QUEENFAIR
BWLOYALINN, Front Office Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2009

I am sorry you had a such an experience. Our priority is great customer service. Steps have been taken to ensure that this experience will not be repeated.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us at any time.

Reviewed 30 June 2009

IIt appears that there has been some remodeling since some of the comments here but it was a very nice small hotel to stay a night before you get on a cruise.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dwilson1022
BWLOYALINN, Front Office Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2009

Thank you for your kind words. It is a pleasure to provide a comfortable accomadations for our guests. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 28 June 2009

I arrived before noon and they let me check in early, which was nice. Of the 3 front desk people I dealt with, one was pleasant and helpful and the other two appeared annoyed that I was bothering them.
The window in my room did not lock and when I mentioned this to the front desk, they basically told me not to worry about it because my room was on the 3rd floor.
The complimentary breakfast is amazing - waffles, yogurt, cereal, toast, coffee, juice, muffins, danishes, and probably a few more things I didn't notice.
I didn't rent a car and was able to walk everywhere I wanted to go, including Safeco Field and Pike Place Market, but it was quite a far walk. The hotel is close to Westlake Center, where you can catch a free bus and ride anywhere in the downtown, if you don't want to walk.
It's about a 5-10 minute walk to Seattle Center (Experience Music Project, Space Needle, etc).
My room was clean but nothing fancy.
Next time I might pick a hotel further away and just take a taxi downtown. For $139/night I could probably find something better.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank daisygirl31
BWLOYALINN, Front Office Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2009

I'm sorry we haven't met your expectations. We do take customer service very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience you might have faced.

We hope to have you as a customer in the future and we will work to beat your expectations next time.

If you are in the Seattle Area please call for the Front Desk Manager and we will make sure you are taken care of to the best of our abilities.