“ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!”

Ranked #63 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Cambridge, New Zealand
“ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!”
Reviewed 7 February 2010

it was sooooo revolting, freezing cold, smelt like cigarettes and mouldy, do not stay in this hotel u will be disappointed!

Stayed December 2009
1 Thank CobyD
hcohenSeattle, General Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this review, 17 April 2010
Thank you for taking your time to write a review for our hotel., We are sorry you did not have a pleasant stay and we take your points to heart. We are walking through the hotel again to see the hotel through your eyes to and will make the improvements needed to be certain guests do not have the same experience you did. We hope to see you back again soon so that you can experience the way our hotel is intended to be.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 17 January 2010

I stayed at this Best Western back in July 09. I found the hotel very clean, rooms were spacious enough for a family of four. The location is terrific we walked to the Space Needle. I did not find the area dangerous as stated in some reviews we walked around at night with no problems. The only complaint I had was the beds were not the best but it was tolerable. The breakfast was terrific. All and all I would stay here again. The staff was also very friendly and they have a business center complete with computer and internet. The only thing I regret is that we did not stay longer.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
BWLOYALINN, Hotel Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this review, 20 January 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We pride ourselves on taking great care of our guests and providing a clean hotel. And in the future our hotel will be more accomodating to families...We are starting to transition our breakfast room into a little movie room, game room with free popcorn and refreshments from 6pm to 10pm everynight. We hope to see you back here so that you can enjoy this. Have a great rest of the week and thank you for choosing Best Western!
South San Francisco, California
Reviewed 8 December 2009

I stayed here with a friend for the 49ers vs Seahawks game, The location is great about 5 blocks from Seattle Center, Space Needle and Monorail to Downtown..I got a great rate on priceline so I couldnt pass it up. The rooms were clean and nice, The staff were friendly even though just a heads up they charge a 25.00 incidental fee that is not revealed at check in time but Im told is refundable. The Continental breakfast was awesome. My only problem was with the lack of quality bed linens which especially during the winter was surprising, you will either have to keep your heater on all night or ask for extra blankets because the ones on the bed are paper thin. I probably would not stay here again only because I prefer to be closer downtown next time so I can get an airport shuttle and not have to pay 45.00 for a cab to the airport.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank steffknee
BWLOYALINN, Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this review, 16 December 2009
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with others. We are very glad that you liked our breakfast and that your stay was enjoyable. We strive to provide quality stay for all of our guests and again, we are extreemly pleased that we met your expectations. Thank you again and we hope to see you in Seattle again soon!
Saint Paul, MN
Reviewed 6 November 2009

Close to the Space Needle and not far from downtown. Everyone working at Loyal Inn were friendly and helpful. The hot tub and excercise equipment were always available and we never needed to wait. There is a very generous breakfast set up in the breakfast room for self serve. The room was clean and the temperature was controllable. The room had a microwave and frig. There are also 2 computers set up in a small room with a printer. Quiet but close to the center city with a 24 hour restaurant across the street.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
BWLOYALINN, Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this review, 13 November 2009
Thank you very much for taking the time to let people know about your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your kind comments and are very glad that you had a nice stay with us. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again in Seattle very soon!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2009

A nice budget hotel in a good location to see the attractions of Seattle. Really liked this hotel, staff were really good and helpful, location was good short walk to Space Needle and also to the free bus zone to get around downtown. Hot tub in the hotel was good! Room was fine, nothing spectacular but comfy bed, large fridge and a microwave - couldn't ask for more for the price. I though the breakfast was great too, the make your own McDonalds style McMuffin part especially!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
BWLOYALINN, Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this review, 3 November 2009
Thank you for your comments. We strive to provide quality customer care and a quality product and I am glad that you experienced both. Thank you for choosing the Best Western Loyal Inn and we hope to see you back in Seattle very soon! Thank you again for your kind words.
victoria, canada
Reviewed 27 October 2009

I chose the hotel because was closed to downtown, had a breakfast and because was a Best Western. I stayed three nigths, somthing did not let me sleep well, and then the following day I killed I huge bug in the pillow, I asked for change of bedding, but it didn't work, found more bed mites....THe hotel should do something to clean up those matresses.

Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
BWLOYALINN, Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this review, 27 October 2009
Thank you very much for your comments about the situation you encountered while staying with us. This is not the experience that we want people to walk away with from our hotel. I have not experienced "bed mites" at our property, but hotels can have bugs from time to time. We use companies that monitor bugs and we also monitor them with our own staff that uses chemicals. The unfortunate side of our business is that when a hotel has international guests; that guest can bring all sorts of visitors to your hotel. Again, we have a company that is supposed to combate that and also our staff combates that every day. I have recently completed an inspection with my vice president since you have left this comment. We are not taking this comment lightly and we are seaching every corner of every guest room to see signs of "bed mites". We did not find anything that resembles a bug issue or bugs lingering in the room. That being said, I dont want to discount your experience and I am very sorry that you were not comfortable at our hotel. Please know that this is not an issue at our hotel and will not be an issue at our hotel. We maintain a clean property and we are aware that guests bring things into hotels that they do not know about and we dont either, but we do check reguarly for these things. Thank you very much for writing this review and we will work tirelessly to keep our establishment bug free.
Washington
Reviewed 24 October 2009

I live here in Seattle but my family members flew in from Montana and Texas and I had them book here at the Best Western because it was near downtown and they all would not fit in my apartment. I don't normally write reviews but mother and I felt it was only right to express our gratitude to the staff and our experience with others.

When we arrived at the hotel it was already late about one in the morning. We checked in with Rosita, very nice young lady. She gave us rooms on ground level like we asked when the reservations were made because my father uses a cane. The two rooms we got were very spacious, the beds were comfortable, towels were nice and thick, we had a microwave, fridge and coffee maker in the room.

In the morning we went to check out the free breakfast and I must say, we've been to other hotels where you just get a muffin and coffee but this breakfast was perfect! they have bagels, cereal, YOGURT!, breakfast sandwhiches that you can put together yourself (egg, bacon and cheese on english muffin) and the best part is making your own waffles in the waffle iron. The breakfast attendant Maria is such a darling, my parents loved her, she greeted my parents every morning and helped my father with his waffles.

Oh, you guys are going to love this part, their staff is trained in FIRST AID! One of my sister's sons scraped up his hand while horsing around with his brother in the parking lot. All we asked for was a band-aid and the security guard Vince came back with stuff to clean the dirt and blood off and any germs that might have gotten into the "abrasion" and bandaged it up. We were just so suprised the things the staff will take the time to do for us.

My family was there for a total of four days and those four days were made enjoyable and very pleseant by the atmosphere and the staff, we would like to thank you all and we look foward to seeing you in December!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
BWLOYALINN, Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this review, 27 October 2009
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Without valued guest comments we would not know how to improve. With that said, thank you very much for your kind words. It is always satisfying to have a guest walk away with an experience like yours. We strive to make every guest's experience special and we are very happy that we have succeeded with that goal in this situation. We look forward to seeing you in December and thank you again for your comments.