“Good Experience.”
Review of The Loyal Inn

The Loyal Inn
Ranked #59 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 31 August 2010

We thought we got good value for our money. The room was older but clean, quiet & the air conditioner worked well. The staff was friendly & helpful and the breakfast that is included was great.
We were able to walk to the Space Needle, Pikes Place Market and Pioneer Square. This hotel is located a couple of blocks out of the "Free Bus Zone" so if a person wasn't able to walk distances they could easily walk to a free bus. The monorail also goes from the Space Needle to the Westlake Center if you want to experience that.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
ianmcclendon, Ian Robert McClendon, Assistant General Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2010

I am thrilled that you had a good experience at our hotel! We know that we are lucky to be surrounded by many transportation options and it really does provide many good possibilities for getting around town. Our city is just making it easier and easier for people to get around without a car, so look forward to that as well. I will pass your praise on to my staff and thank you again for taking the time to comment on your stay. Have a great rest of the week!

Reviewed 23 August 2010

Overall I found the Loyal Inn a good hotel. It was an easy walk to the City Centre and it felt safe. Its only a very short walk away from the space needle. The rooms are clean and spacious and I found the reseption very helpful. The breakfast is good and I didn't have any problems finding a space. For me the only couple of downsides were noisy showers that you could hear from an adjoining room and the lack of restaurants close to the hotel (saying that I said earlier that it ddn't take long to walk to the centre!)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Like you said in your review, we work very hard to keep out rooms clean and up to date. I appreciate your comment regarding our showers and we need to look into this issue. I was not aware that you can hear showers from the room next door, but this is great insight and exactly the type of feedback that will make our hotel better. I have a meeting with my chief engineer tomorrow and I will make sure to make this our number one issue for tomorrow. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and have a great day!

Reviewed 19 August 2010

Overall this facility is clean, the staff is friendly and the location is great. We used this location as "base-camp" for an eight day visit. Unfortunately, when we checked out,I forgot the power cord to my net-book in our room. When I called, I was told by the staff that the cord was retrieved and would be FedExed to me overnight if I supplied my credit card. One month later, after supplying my credit card info along with the "secret code", the cord has not arrived.
I've made numerous calls asking for the tracking number and am always told an excuse as to why the number is not available. The owner of this property does not take this breech of trust seriously. I must now watch my credit for fraudulent charges.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
ianmcclendon, Ian Robert McClendon, Assistant General Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I actually was the individual that you were in contact in regards with your lost and found item. We have shipped out your forgotten item to the address that you have given us and I am sorry for any delay in the process. we do take these requests very seriously and always try to ship out any and all forgotten items in the same day that we get the phone call. By no means would you ever have to worry about fraudulent charges on your credit card because we shred all that information once we are done with it. Again, sorry for any inconvienance regarding your forgotten item, but it has been shipped to the address and information given to us when you called the hotel to report the item lost. Thank you for chosing our hotel and have a great rest of the week

Reviewed 15 August 2010

The hotel is located outside Seattle downtown in an area with several other low budget hotel. Next to the hotel there is a 24 hours dinner and people in the parking lot at midnight that some may not feel comfortable.

I reserved two double beds. The room is small but adequately furnished. Luckily, the room was facing a quieter street (8th ave), it was not as noisy as the ones facing Denny Way. The internet was free, parking cost additionally $8, which I was not told when I checked in.

The hotel provides coninental breakfast, which is OK. At the time we stayed, the hotel was full, the breakfast room only had few tables, there was overflowing of people.

Both check in and check out took a lot of time. There was only one receptionist at the counter. When I checked out, the young lady was busy taking phone calls for new reservations and kept me waiting for about 10 minutes. When finally she hanged up the phone and printed out our room bill, there was a long distance call made at 5am in the morning which we never made. I explained to her that we were all sleeping at that time, this call could not be made by us. Also we all have cell phones, we don't make call on hotel phones. She would not listen to me. Finally she asked her manager, this took another 5 to 10 minutes. To the manager's credit, he took off the phone charge from our bill.

Overall, for the price we paid, the room was OK but small compared to other hotels we stayed in Seattle. The service is the worst I have seen among similar hotels.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
ianmcclendon, Ian Robert McClendon, Assistant General Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2010

I am very sorry that you were unhappy about our location and service. We never want people to leave our hotel unhappy, and it upsets me that you had such a bad stay, that you would not return. I actually checked you out of your room and dealt with the situation concerning the 5am phone call. The front desk did not manually post that charge, so the only reason we presented you with that bill was for the reason that there was an automatic posting by our computer system for a long distance call. Once you explained the situation we did immediately refund that charge and apologize for any inconvienance. And again, we are sorry for any problems that you experienced dealing with this situation. We are a mid market motel that offer's customer's a comfortable and clean hotel. We are located centrally in Seattle with several restaurants around the property. Unfortunately we cannot control people hanging around these restaurants, but since you have mentioned this, we have been working with these restaurants in our area to make sure they keep patrons of these establishments quite when leaving the restaurant. In addition, I have also moved a couple more tables into our breakfast room to accomodate more people. We can get busy, and just like any facility serving food, there are maximum occupancies for a room or location. You are more than welcome to take your food to your room if there is not enough room or you do not feel comfortable eating in our breakfast room. We are taking all of your feedback seriously and I will review your comments with my entire staff. We hope that you will give our hotel another chance to show how great of a hotel we are. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Have a great week!

Reviewed 27 July 2010

We booked the hotel via their website in advance of our trip - this was a pre-cruise stay and planned to sightsee a little in Seattle before embarking on our cruise. We arrived on a Thursday prior to the 4th of July weekend. The staff was kind and gracious to allow my daughter to check us in early, as we had an unexpected trip to the Emergency Room upon arriving at SeaTac. Our weekend started out a bit rough with the ER visit, however, the accomodations all encompassing were very good. We did not use the pool or exercise equipment. The breakfast was wonderful, very nice variety of foods and fresh fruits - plenty of everything! The rooms were clean, beds comfortable. The Space Needle is walking distance along with some nice little places to eat in that area. A Whole Foods is just a block away - Tutta Bella Pizza is just above it - absolutely fantastic! Only Con is that we had to pay $10/night for parking - but, guess that is Seattle. We would stay here again if we would ever happen to return to Seattle.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
ianmcclendon, Ian Robert McClendon Assistant General Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2010

Thank you for the great comments about our hotel!!! I am thrilled that you had a nice time at our hotel. In our industry it is our job to make sure that once you walk in the doors of our building that we take complete care of our guests. I am glad this happened especially since you had a tough experience which included a trip to the Emergency Room! I am sorry that you had to go through with that and I am glad that my staff was accomodating when you arrived. We would love to have you back at our hotel again and thank you for chosing our hotel.

Have a great summer

Reviewed 16 July 2010

We book our rooms in advance and had to make several changes before arriving. The staff was very flexible and met all the needs we requested. When we arrived it wasn't quite check in time but the hotel accomodated us and got two of our three rooms ready for us so that we could drop our luggage off and go site see free handed. They also kept our luggage at checkout the next day so we could go do more site seeing.The rates were very reasonable. Our overnight stay was more than satisfactory. More blankets in the rooms would be the only thing that I would recommend. Thank you.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
ianmcclendon, Ian Robert McClendon, Assistant General Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel. I am extreemly pleased that my staff could accomodate all of your requests. We strive to meet all guest requests which include helping with luggage and changing any part of your stay so that you are more comfortable in your travels. I also appreciate your comment concerning blankets and I will order some more blankets for my housekeeping staff. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and hopefully we will see you next time you are in Seattle!

Reviewed 10 July 2010

For the price, this is a bare bones establishment. However, compared to other higher rated hotels, it probably is still a good deal. We got the only suite in the hotel. The place is not meant for hanging around the hotel; better for having a place with adequate facilities (free wi-fi, hot tub, fitness facility, A/C, flat-screen TVs, community-style continental breakfast) after you spend the day exploring. Rooms are spartan, and traffic is a little noisy in the daytime. We had no body soap or face towels in the room on check-in, so we had to call for them. Internet was a little sketchy, so was the cable reception. No DVD players, but you can hook your own up to the TV. The location is definitely the strong point here...walking distance to all the attractions. Rental car is handy, but be prepared for city rates for parking, especially by the piers and Pike Place (you have to pay $10/day to park at the hotel as well). There is a Whole Foods, Walgreens, Starbucks, a small park for kids and a variety of restaurants nearby. If you are a fitness freak, read on...Fitness facility is barely adequate - an elliptical, stationary bike and stair-stepper...that's it. No weights or resistance training. There is a 24-hour fitness facility nearby, but the hotel did not have a discount or deal package with it. Running is a good bet since you are not far from the water, but if the water is RAIN, be prepared! Overall, I recommend the place if you just need a place for your family to "hang their hat" after a day of adventure.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family