“Good deal - great breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Loyal Inn

The Loyal Inn
Ranked #63 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Vancouver, Canada
“Good deal - great breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

Spent two nights here. Tidy clean room, great service by the front desk, fantastic breakfast (cereal, toast, fruit, yogurt, waffles, muffins, bagels etc) and ample parking. In walking distance of all the best attactions and the metro. Great deal for money. Is an old hotel and has a little bit of the old smoky smell but 100% no smoking now and very tiday and clean with modern decor.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
ianmcclendon, Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this review, 3 December 2010
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am so glad you had a good time at our hotel and ejoyed our breakfast. We will continue to add great value to our breakfast to make it even better. Thank you again and we hope to see you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Washington State
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

If I would have known there was a fire department within 10 blocks with a straight path past the motel, I would have chosen different. No way anyone can sleep through fire engines 3-4 times a night. Bed was hard as plywood and very thin. Large stain on shower curtain and shower head was archaic-like one I haven't seen if 15 years. Coffee maker was one cup at a time type coffee pot. We were left 1 packet for 1 cup of real coffee and 1 packet for 1 cup of decaf coffee. Well, both my husband and I both wanted real coffee. The blind on our corner window was approx 1/4 inch small on both sides so car lights flashed in our room all night.
The hallway outside our room smelled of moth balls. Not sure if it was the hotel or someone staying there. Overall, things were fairly clean though and the breakfast was mediocre.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
ianmcclendon, Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this review, 18 November 2010
I would like to start by saying I am so sorry that you had a less than satisfactory stay at our hotel. I never want any of my guests to leave my hotel unhappy and in this case it seems like several issues built up to an unhappy situation that made your stay unpleasant. Our hotel is luckily one a major road in downtown, but unluckily, we do have high volumes of traffic at times and some of that traffic can be emergency vehicles. By no means is Denny Way the main route for emergency transportation, but we are aware of the traffic and we do have some solutions that we are testing in some rooms. Again, i am sorry for all the situations that you encountered and we will make sure to address these problems immediately. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we will use your comments to improve our hotel on a daily basis.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2010

Clean, comfortable, large breakfast selection, well worth the cost compared to other hotels I've stayed at in the area. Wish there had been more time to spend there.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
ianmcclendon, Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this review, 17 November 2010
I am sorry that you were not able to spend more time at our hotel, but you are always welcome to give us a call and we would love to have you stay with us again. The guest that reviewed our hotel last also liked our breakfast and we are constantly trying to upgrade this buffet to keep our guests happy. Thank you so much and we hope to see you again soon

Ian Robert McClendon
Assistant General Manager
SF Bay Area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2010

We are glad to find Best Western Loyal Inn while searching for a budget hotel/motel near the downtown area. Our room is nice and clean, but it is a little bit small. Nice selection at the breakfast bar with make-it-yourself waffle.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
We are very glad that you enjoyed the free breakfast that we provide! We do have a great waffel program as well as a breakfast sandwhich bar. You can actually make your own breakfast sandwiches and our guests love that option. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you at our hotel again soon!

Ian Robert McClendon
Assistant General Manager
Tacoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2010

My wife and I needed a hotel for us and all of our friends and family coming to Seattle for our wedding night!! All we wanted was a big room, with enough space for my wife and her girls to get ready, and a good rate for us and all our friends and family . So I called many hotels in Seattle and I felt I was getting nowhere.. That was untill I talked to James Mann at the Best Western in downtown Seattle.. James was so nice and helpful that we decided to book with him at the Best Western Loyal Inn in Seattle. He even took the time to personaly show us our room before we booked it to ensure us that it would was going to be big enough.
We checked in the day before the wedding and the staff member working the front desk, Kevin, was extremely helpfull as well.. We couldn't have been more happy with our accomidations, even my grandma told me the morning after the wedding on Sunday that she loved her kind size bed! Two days after the wedding when we finaly got a chance to open our wedding gifts there was even a card in our stack saying congrats from the staff of the Best Western! Nice touch guys.. Good work..

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank rhern23
ianmcclendon, Ian Robert McClendon, Assistant General Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this review, 22 September 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to contact us about your stay. I am so glad that James and Kevin could make your stay enjoyable. James has been a wonderful manager in our company for many years, and Kevin has just been promoted. We have been very pleased about his performance and we look forward to future with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again soon.

Have a great day!
Europe
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2010

We stayed in this hotel for 7 nights. The room itself was not bad, it was clean and roomy. But the hotel as a whole was very used and suffered from several bad issues. Our room was on the 4th floor so we were not disturbed by neighbors above but our friends stayed on the 2nd floor and they could hear every move from above. The rooms were clean but the public areas (dining room, elevator) were a lot worse. The worst thing, however, was the breakfast. Seriously, you had to fight for tables, food, everything. We did not understand why a hotel of approx. 80 rooms has only 12 tables accommodating 2-4 persons at a time. Overall, this is the worst Best Western we stayed in and we would not stay there again when in Seattle.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank OP255
ianmcclendon, Ian Robet McClendon, Assistant General Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this review, 14 September 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. I am very sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay with us and I promise that I am taking all of your comments very seriously. I am meeting with my Vice President tomorrow and do a walk through of the breakfast room so that we can find some way to expand it. Thank you again for your comments and I promise you that we will use this review to make sure we improve and provide a great hotel for all of our guests. we rely on valuable feedback like this and we appreciate you taking the time so that we can better our business. Have a great evening!
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

I stayed at this hotel whilst in Seattle to visit local attractions Hendrix exhibition and memorial. Fitness spa facilitiies were provided free and i enjoyed a relaxing sauna after a long days travelling from B.C. Location was handy for most things,I could watch space needle lift at night from my window and the hotel was within easy walking distance to Pike place. The shower is very good but beware it will take your head off if youre not careful, really powerful in comparison to most places, i loved it though, so refreshing!
Staff were very friendly and helpful when in need of towels to go to sauna/ spa.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Baldyscone
ianmcclendon, Ian Robert McClendon, Assistant General Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this review, 9 September 2010
The Experience Music Project is an amazing attraction and I am thrilled that you had a chance to enjoy it. We are located just blocks away from there and it really is great that we can send our guests there. I am glad that you enjoyed our new sauna that we have added to our excercise room. I also think it is a great way to relax after a long day milling around town. Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel and we hope to see you back very soon! Have a great rest of the week and we will look forward to seeing you in Seattle again!