“reasonably priced downtown location, great staff”
Review of The Loyal Inn

The Loyal Inn
Ranked #63 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Prince George, Canada
“reasonably priced downtown location, great staff”
Reviewed 8 November 2010

2nd time walk in customers. Staff very helpful location great. Walking distance to almost everywhere downtown.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
ianmcclendon, Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this review, 3 December 2010
Thank you for continuing to stay with us. We are so grateful for our return guests, so thank you again and we look forward to you staying again.
Have a great holiday season

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Our first time in Seattle and such a disappointment with the hotel. Unfriendly staff and the noisiest hotelroom we ever slept (tried to I should say). Room and bed were ok, but only a thin fleece blanket. My wife was freezing the whole night. The noise from the street was terrible. It felt like open windows. Though we had booked (and prepaid) for two nights we left after a sleepless night. Never again!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
I am very sorry to hear about your experience. We do triple sheet the beds, but that means there is a high standard fleece blanket between two sheets on the bed. In addition we do provide extra pillows and blankets in the room. We do have an older building, but we do not have many complaints about our rooms being freezing. In addition, we do have street noise depending on the time of day and what is going on in the city. Our engineering staff is aware of this and have been working for months on solutions to control this noise and eliminate it from the guest rooms. Again, I am very sorry that you had this experience and I will pass on your comments to all of my staff so that we can learn and become better from them. Thank you for your review and have a great holiday season

San Jose
Reviewed 24 October 2010

I just returned from a long weekend in Seattle at the Best Western Loyal Inn, it was fantastic!! The hotel was near the Seattle Center and downtown, it was so convienent!
The breakfast they provided at the hotel is always a plus when there is a full day planned. Luckily, we were nearby some places to eat in "Belltown," a neighborhood in Seattle. Really, all around greatness. Great Prices, food and fun!

Thank you for your great review!! We are so glad you could experience our great city and some very cool neighborhoods. Belltown is definately a fun place with lots of great places to eat. I am very happy that you had a good trip to Seattle and we hope to see you soon again! Have a great holiday Season.

Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 18 October 2010

In its price range (Seattle is expensive), they do a lot right. It’s a great location that made access to the Space Needle, Pikes Market and other locations easy. It’s clean and the staff was very pleasant. But it also has its drawbacks. It’s loud, it’s an old building and I think the floors are divided by paper. The beds were horrible, and I am someone who can camp sleeping in a bag on the ground. I was in pain in the morning; it was like sleeping on a box spring, not a mattress. So between the people above us who sounded like they were coming thru the floor at 10pm, and the bed I would drop my rating. It’s a shame really, even if they simply had better beds I wouldn’t have minded the noise so much and they would have something really great. All in all, when compared to other Seattle establishments it’s a good deal but don’t expect much more than the basics.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
I am very sorry that the beds in your room were not up to your standards. We are purchasing new beds for the hotel in the end of December due to guest feedback. We try to find the best beds that will fit all of our guest's needs, and I and thankful for all the great feedback from our guests, so that we can know to replace some of them. I do hope you come back to our hotel soon and try out our new beds. Thank you again for your comments and have a great holiday season.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Spent two nights here. Tidy clean room, great service by the front desk, fantastic breakfast (cereal, toast, fruit, yogurt, waffles, muffins, bagels etc) and ample parking. In walking distance of all the best attactions and the metro. Great deal for money. Is an old hotel and has a little bit of the old smoky smell but 100% no smoking now and very tiday and clean with modern decor.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am so glad you had a good time at our hotel and ejoyed our breakfast. We will continue to add great value to our breakfast to make it even better. Thank you again and we hope to see you back again soon.
Washington State
Reviewed 11 October 2010

If I would have known there was a fire department within 10 blocks with a straight path past the motel, I would have chosen different. No way anyone can sleep through fire engines 3-4 times a night. Bed was hard as plywood and very thin. Large stain on shower curtain and shower head was archaic-like one I haven't seen if 15 years. Coffee maker was one cup at a time type coffee pot. We were left 1 packet for 1 cup of real coffee and 1 packet for 1 cup of decaf coffee. Well, both my husband and I both wanted real coffee. The blind on our corner window was approx 1/4 inch small on both sides so car lights flashed in our room all night.
The hallway outside our room smelled of moth balls. Not sure if it was the hotel or someone staying there. Overall, things were fairly clean though and the breakfast was mediocre.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
ianmcclendon, Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this review, 18 November 2010
I would like to start by saying I am so sorry that you had a less than satisfactory stay at our hotel. I never want any of my guests to leave my hotel unhappy and in this case it seems like several issues built up to an unhappy situation that made your stay unpleasant. Our hotel is luckily one a major road in downtown, but unluckily, we do have high volumes of traffic at times and some of that traffic can be emergency vehicles. By no means is Denny Way the main route for emergency transportation, but we are aware of the traffic and we do have some solutions that we are testing in some rooms. Again, i am sorry for all the situations that you encountered and we will make sure to address these problems immediately. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we will use your comments to improve our hotel on a daily basis.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Clean, comfortable, large breakfast selection, well worth the cost compared to other hotels I've stayed at in the area. Wish there had been more time to spend there.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
ianmcclendon, Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this review, 17 November 2010
I am sorry that you were not able to spend more time at our hotel, but you are always welcome to give us a call and we would love to have you stay with us again. The guest that reviewed our hotel last also liked our breakfast and we are constantly trying to upgrade this buffet to keep our guests happy. Thank you so much and we hope to see you again soon