“No respect for teenagers”

Best Western Executive Inn
Ranked #52 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 15 April 2008

My Son arrived only to find that they would not rent a room to him. Just because he did not hold a credit card, even though he had permission to use his parents, and we called to verify. We were told this could only be arranged during office hours. It was now late, office hours were over, I would have thought that the manager could make the decision. But he told me NO. They had nowhere else to go. The manager suggested a grungy hotel down the road. They had cash, and our credit card and we even talked to the manager, but he told us he could not make any exceptions, as this would be discrimination. I think that it is discrimination to the teenagers, as they would not rent to them with our approval, written or verbal. I can make purchases online, but somehow I could not even place my credit card as security for the price of the room and other expenses. Some policies are too strict and some exceptions should always be allowed. I spoke to Best Western head office and they told me that all Best Westerns were individually owned and operated, therefore the policy was only with this one hotel. So why couldn't the rule be bent a little? It wasn't alot to ask for. Let the decent kids have a good place to stay, no you treat them like scum and you wonder why our kids are the way they are today. WOW !!!!!!!! So if you decide to stay here, beware of policies.

Stayed: April 2008
Write a ReviewReviews (1,236)

Reviewed 8 April 2008

My partner had a meeting in this hotel so that's why we chose it. It is right next to the Space Needle but not much more. There's a club right next to it but only 1 night we had some noise from it when it closed. We had a room overlooking the Space Needle so the view was nice, to get into downtown we rode the Monorail, the station is also next to the space needle. The room itself was big, the bathroom kind of small but served its purpose. The restaurant was ok ( one of the very few restaurants that has a Montecristo sandwich!) and room service was prompt. I'll pobably will not stay on it again but in downtown proper unless you are really crazy about the Space Needle, then it's in the perfect location. There's also a McDonald's next to it.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank Lestat1973
Reviewed 3 April 2008

It may not be a 5-star, but you can't beat it. Third time we've stayed and they've increased in our esteem again! This BW caters to the business crowd, but we've always stayed for leisure (usually on a weekend). For the rate, it's perfect. Clean, "green", and if you request & it's available: a drop-dead view of the Space Needle practically across the street. (Ask again at check-in to make sure.) A mere walk to Belltown (about 5 short blocks) where too many choices of restaurants, wine (and spirits) bars, younger folks clubs (live music, pubs, etc), jazz clubs --if weather permits, a nice hoof over to even Pike's!

You don't get the usual BW complimentary continental breakfast buffet, but b/c rates are lower we splurge on breakfast via room service. Parking's free in lower locked parking, which has cameras so we felt cool leaving our many shopping finds from this great shopping city discretely tucked away in back of our SUV.

Check them out, for the money they're not long for best kept secret status too much longer. Kudos to the staff and management of this property; well done!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LVinWA
Reviewed 17 March 2008

While it's true that it is not the perfect place, believe me when I say that it is actually a diamond in the rough. My boyfriend and I came to visit Seattle for the first time this year, we stayed for 4 days/3nights and since I knew we were going to be out of the hotel the majority of our days with sightseeing I decided to book a room here. Best decision I ever made!!

My pros:
- Everything is within walking distance (Space Needle is practically in your backyard, Belltown with all the restaurants, bars, and clubs is just a few blocks down the street and the Pike Place market is about a 10 minute walk away or you can hop on a bus to go deeper downtown, etc)
- Rooms are clean.
- Heater worked really well
- They have room service, and their staff of servers are pretty considerate and nice
- FREE wireless internet service and it's fast!
- Room service called us to ask if we needed new towels or anything else.
- My boyfriend bought fish at Pike's Market, which was delivered to this hotel. They were nice enough to store it in their restaurant freezer for us free of charge!

Some cons:
- You have to pay for parking
- The hallways kind of scared me upon getting off the elevator because it seemed pretty dingy (they need to do some steam cleaning or something - I would not want to walk around on bare feet!)
- The construction zone next to the hotel might worry people but seriously, we didn't hear any of that noise through the walls or anything in the morning.
- The people at the front desk can be a little nicer but that really wasn't a big deal to us.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel because of its location. You can pretty much see almost everything there is to see in Seattle (or at least the best places if not everything) if you stay here and you wouldn't even need a car!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cmyer
jmannSeattle, Director of Revenue Management at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2008

Thank you for taking the time to leave a response about your experience here in Seattle. We just switched our wireless internet company so it's good to know that it is fast and working properly. As you know Seattle has limited parking, but we think we are reasonably priced compared to other hotels in the area. They are charging anywhere from 19.00 to 35.00 per night. I did talk to the Housekeeping Manager about your concerns about the hallways. The comment about the front desk might not be a big deal to you but to me it's a huge deal and I did speak to the Front Desk Manager about this because our guests first and last impression of our hotel is the front desk and I want to be sure our guests are happy. Thanks again for your comments, they help us to continually improve.

Reviewed 22 February 2008

This hotel was great for a quick place to go and see sights.
Directly across the street from Space needle, downtown tram,
Science center, and the downtown mall.

Has nice indoor pool for the kids, secure underground parking garage, and great restaurant.
Rooms are great size for either couples, or families.

Recommend this hotel for anyone who is visiting and would like to
stay downtown near sights.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alaskangirls
Reviewed 18 February 2008

My wife and I took a quick 2 night trip to Seattle and were happy with the Best Western Executive Inn. First we decided to save some money and not stay directly downtown, but in Seattle Center. The Exec. Inn was next to Seattle Center, literally in the shadow of the Space Needle and the monorail. We had obviously made the right choice! The $4 roundtrip on the monorail takes you right downtown, within walking distance of every attraction and into the heart of the "Free Bus" zone. This hotel is a block from the Space Needle and Monorail.

The hotel itself looks like it was built in 1962 with the Space Needle but has been renovated quite nicely on the inside. The lobby and public areas are very clean and comfortable and feature free coffee, cookies and fruit. The room was standard Best Western, with some renovations such as: tiled bathroom floors, new carpet, and a great shower head. The room was also very clean along with the rest of the property. The beds of course were nothing to write home about.

Stay here and save some money! You'll hardly be in your room with so many things to do in Seattle. Plus the extra cash will help you with the food bills!!

Great Breakfast place is a block away called the 5 Point . . . and the Duck Tours are just a block away as well.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DandSinNV
Reviewed 13 February 2008

I was happy with the fact that their wireless was free, they had good cable channels (Comedy Central), and the room was quite spacious (although I did have a handicapped room so I don't know if they're all that way). I appreciated the refrigerator that functioned as a normal refrigerator, not an overpriced minibar, so I could keep my leftover dinner in there for lunch without worrying about getting stuck with a charge for opening the minibar.

In general, the appointments were better than you'd get in a top hotel -- in a top hotel in Seattle you'd have a much smaller room, wireless would cost $20/night, and you still wouldn't get Comedy Central.

Parking was expensive -- $15/night -- but you can park on the street for free with no problem.

I had one major qualm with this motel, and that was that my "non-smoking" room was by no means truly smoke-free. You can't take a room that has been smoked in for 30 years, spray it with some sort of chemical that's supposed to neutralize the air, plop a "no smoking" sign down on the dresser, and call it a "non-smoking" room. After 5 minutes in the room, it was clear that it had been smoked in for years, and within an hour, my throat was raw and my eyes were burning from the residual smoke and chemicals. And I'm not all that sensitive to smoke, having grown up with a parent who was a smoker.

The smoking issue is too bad -- because otherwise this motel is a good value for the price.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business