“Two night stay for two friends was very good”

Best Western Executive Inn
Ranked #55 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Vancouver, Canada
“Two night stay for two friends was very good”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

A friend and I travelled to Seattle for a few days of R&R. The hotel was located very close to one of our tourist destinations, the Chihuly Glass and Garden Exhibit which was about a block away; also in the same area is the Pacific Science Centre where a few months ago we had seen the King Tut Exhibit. Restaurants are within a short walk and downtown Seattle and the Pike street market are within walking distance if you can handle 30 or more minutes of walking. The staff was courteous and very helpful in general; we enjoyed the hotel breakfast at a cost of about $8 as it had both hot and cold items like scrambled eggs, sausage one day and bacon the next, beans and tortillas, cereals, oatmeal, waffles which you made easily yourself, juices, toast and muffins and a fruit bowl with fresh fruit. I asked if I could have pan fried eggs easy over instead of the scrambled available and the staff assured me I could and brought them quickly from the kitchen. They remembered our coffee/tea preferences the next day and were very conscientious. The two double beds were very very comfortable; they were covered in light cotton bedspreads (and of course sheets and a blanket) which are a nice change from duvets found in most hotels (which duvets I hear are not laundered often) the bathroom vanity were in separate locations, the bath and toilet in one room and the vanity just outside. This set up was actually pretty convenient. The one thing that did wake us for a short time was a garbage truck which came on the Wednesday very early in the am (around 4 am I think); the room was warm and the temperature/air conditioning responsive to the controls.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

David_Lenke, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Thank you for the review of the hotel. I am sorry that the garbage truck woke you at 4am. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 18 February 2013

This was our second time to this hotel. This hotel is just like any other hotel, rooms were nice and clean and the location is the best in the city by far. If your a Best Western Rewards member the parking is free.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
dear aseretseven,

Thank you for staying with us again and for the great review. The staff and I look forward to having you stay for a third time on your next trip down!
Reviewed 17 February 2013

The room overall was okay. Carpet and rooms itself need upgrade. Breakfast buffet is average.
For some reason (despite of previous reviews), the front desk personnel was not friendly
when we checked out of the hotel. I told her our room number correctly as well as returned our room keys (which had our room # written on the envelope). However, she printed an incorrect receipt (I caught it when I was in the midst of signing it) When I told her this is not our receipt, she made weird facial expressions and mumbled herself and printed the correct one. When I signed the correct receipt, she did not apologize nor said "thank you" when we left (I did say "thank you") I also used to work in customer-service sectors so maybe she was having a bad day (?) - we travel to Seattle a lot so I think we will choose another hotel next time.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra S
Dear Sandra S,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am sorry that our front desk agent was not friendly. We pride ourselves on having the friendliest agents in Seattle as you can tell by other reviews. I will use this as a coachable moment with my team so others do not experience the same.
Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

Had a great time with my baby, the site of the needle was amazing, and hearing her liking it made me happy, public trans was perfect, the market was great, the weather and my girl were perfect, I hope it can be a yearly thing, I just feel bad cause her boots were on back order

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank dagwood11
Dear dagwood11,

Thank you for the review of your stay. We hope to see you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 February 2013

My bf brought me here for my birthday and we had the best room. I opened my room curtains and had the Seattle space needle right in front of me. The room was nice and there is a restaurant on the 1st floor and they had great food and not overpriced and the waitstaff was very friendly. As soon as we checked in the front desk clerk was giving us advice on places we should see. So over all I had a great experience.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BellaAng
Dear BellaAng,

Thank you for the great reveiw. We look forward to seeing you again on any future trips you make to Seattle!
Santa Clarita
Reviewed 12 February 2013

This is the first best western I have stayed at that does not have a continental breakfast. That surprise was a let down. I also felt the management is deceptive. They tell you on the phone that parking is $15.00 they billed me $18.30 per day. The lobby and rooms are getting old, but they keep the place clean and I felt most the rooms have nice window views. I never did get the heater to work properly. They tryed to fix it one day and it broke again the next. They did bring extra blankets right away.
Because of the lie about parking & not having the breakfast, next time I will stay across the street at the Travel Loudge and save the money. They looked to be in as good or better shape then the Executive Inn.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms have good views on both sides of the building.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MIke J
David_Lenke, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
Dear Mike J,
Thank you for your review of our hotel, I am sorry to see that you had an issue with you heater not working properly. Because we do have our full service restaurant we do charge for breakfast and our buffet does provide a breakfast that is greater than what you will find in your average Best Western Hotel. I am sorry that you feel deceived about the price of parking, the charge is $15.00 per night plus the applicable taxes that we are charged by the city and state.
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Decent location by Space Needle and Belltown. Close to monorail or a 20 minute walk to downtown.
Room was outdated and worn. Room heater made room feel like a dry sauna.
Reception area was average and restaurant in hotel was average.
Overall an average hotel and expected for a Best Western

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Scrubs67,
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I can see you had some issues and I am disappointed to read that. I hope that you will give us another try in the future so we can impress you with our “WOW” service.