“Great location, very rude front desk staff”

Best Western Executive Inn
Ranked #52 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed here for one night before we flew back to Southern California. We just drove in from Bellingham and my 4 year-old son fell asleep in the car. So I carried him in with my mom while my husband went to park our rental car. No greeting from the lady who was at the front desk. Anyway, I said Hello, we have a reservation, can we check in early. Still no "hello" or anything, she asked "What's the name?" So I gave her my last name and told her that if the rooms were not ready (since we were early) can we leave our luggages? No response from her again. Then I informed her that we were diamond members and she said "Well, I don't know if we have any rooms available this early", very angrily. Then she asked if we wanted two rooms close together or not, and I told her it didn't matter. Then she asked something again and I didn't quite understand her because I was getting tired of holding my son who is very tall and big for his age, then she yelled at me all angry and frustrated "Do you want it if there's one!" Both my mom and I could not believe what just happened and stared at her in shock for a few moment. Right then, my husband walked in, and suddenly she was all nice to him. So that's way I don't have a good review on this place, even though the location was great and as a diamond member, we received free parking and breakfast. Coming from staying at two other hotels where staff was absolutely great, having pleasant, helpful staff really changes the impression of the place.

Room Tip: Ask for if there's a room with newer carpet. The hotel is old and rooms smell like cigarette.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CinnamonBon
hcohenSeattle, General Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear CinnamonBon,

Thank you taking your time to review our hotel. We were very concerned with your initial impression of our hotel based on your interaction at the front desk upon your arrival. We take these reviews seriously and have shared them with our staff. We have reiterated the importance of quality customer service and seeing their service through the eyes of the guest.

We do appreciate you choosing our Best Western and hope that you would give our hotel another opportunity to serve your lodging needs when your travel brings you back to Seattle.

Howard Cohen

Write a ReviewReviews (1,256)

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I have stayed here a few times over the years because of the location. I was not really impressed with some of the staff. In the past I had did not have to pay for parking when I stayed here but I was charged 15.00 per night apparently we did not present the correct rewards card. There is a lot of construction happening near by so be prepared to hear a lot of noise. What I did not expect was the housekeeping staff to start vacuuming at 8 am in the room next store banging on the adjoining door. To make it worse she stood outside our room door laughing and talking to another worker. They change the internet code daily but do not inform their guests. When I phoned to get the new code the clerk actually swore out of frustration of being asked several times during the day. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. The breakfast is nothing compared to the picture on the elevator.

1  Thank afatchance1

Dear afatchance1,

Thank you taking the time to review our hotel from your stay.

What most concerned us was your comment regarding housekeeping at 8AM vacuuming and talking in the hallways. We have shared this with our housekeeping staff and will work hard to make sure this type of disturbance is reduced as much as possible.

We hope you give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs when your travels bring you back to Seattle.

Bes regards,

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Had a wonderful stay and walked to our concert to Key Arena. The staff were very helpful and great to talk to. Will stay here again when in downtown Seattle. Only downside is I am a full time wheelchair user and the accessible bathroom was a little challenging but I made it work. Thanks for the wonderful stay.

Dear Brbegirl68,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your comments regarding the wheelchair access as we always strive to improve our hotel.

We hope to serve your lodging needs again in the future if your travels bring you back to Seattle. Thank you for staying at Best Western.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

The good: The rooms were clean and tidy and in good shape, which is probably the most important thing in my mind. We had an amazing view of the Space Needle, which was totally unexpected. The location is excellent too, very central and convenient.

The bad: Some of the staff at the front desk were great, and some were nearly surly. The soundproofing between the rooms was poor - we were woken up in the middle of the night by our neighbours having a loud, drunking discussion about bodily functions very loudly, and they sounded like they were standing inside our room. Also, when we complained to hotel security about the loud neighbours, security told the loud neighbours which room had complained and gave them our room number (we could tell because we heard the whole thing).

Conclusion: There are so many hotels in this particular area that are all about the same price, why would you bother booking with one that was only "meh"? It's just not worth it. We've done this trip a number of times in the past and stayed at the Hyatt, which is a block away and costs about the same and it was great -- we'll probably go with them again next time around instead of the Best Western.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the "quiet" side and ended up with a room with a Space Needle view...

Dear Quentin,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you liked the physical attributes of the hotel. We were most concerned about your review of the incident with the noise and Security. We have since coached the Security staff to keep neighboring guests complaints anonymous to eliminate any potential negative retaliation.

We sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs when your travels bring you back to Seattle. Thank you for choing Best Wrstern.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Too long of a wait when only one person is at the desk. Check in was fine and friendly. Quieter than I expected. Overall a good value relative to competing choices. Too long of a wait when only one person is at the desk. Check in was fine and friendly. Quieter than I expected. Overall a good value relative to competing choices.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Dear Keith,

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding our hotel compared to the competitors. We are thrilled that you chose our hotel.

We strive to improve with each review and will work with the front desk staffing levels to make certain guests' time is not taken granted.

We do hope to see you again on future visits to Seattle.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Excellent staff. Restaurant menu very limited and needs new items. The food is good but after a few stays it gets to be redundant. Excellent location and the limo service is available for airport delivery and any where else in town. The driver has an excellent ,courteous manner and is a very safe and professional driver. The staff is very helpful and courteous day and night. I always enjoy staying there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding the hotel. We were thrilled to know you liked our hotel's location as well as our recommended limo service. We will definitely share this with the driver.

We take your comments seriously and will share your menu concerns with the Chef. The Chef is very responsive and appreciates your comments.

We hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to Seattle.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I've been to lots of fancy, expensive, self-proclaimed best hotels all over the US. But I can tell you this gem of a hotel is many times better than many of these hotels! It is unpretentious, has all the amenities you could need...business center, gym, laundry, ATM, free cable TV, free and more importantly fast WiFi, fridge, microwave.

The location is awesome! I walked around all times of day and night and felt completely safe. Lots of people walking/bicycling all the time. Seattle is safe and people are friendly. 10 minutes walk down Denny Way to the hustle and bustle of downtown. The Space Needle is right across the street!

The rooms are clean and safe. Huge business desk, leather chair, comfy sofa, comfy bed and pillows. Each room also has a great, detailed guest directory with lots of useful information. It is the best directory by far I have ever seen in any of the hotels I've been in.

Staff is so helpful and professional. Housekeeping is amazing. Anything I needed, they delivered and fast. They are polite respected my privacy. Front desk is knowledgeable. They helped me find my way to a number of places. Management wernt out of their way to solve a major crisis I had. I can't say enough about all the staff I encountered. I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: If you prefer a room with a view of the Space Needle, you should let them know when booking.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Dear Khayla,

Thank you for your very kind words regarding your review of our hotel. We take all reviews serious and celebrate with the great ones and learn from the review that share opportunities for improvement.

What I appreciate most was your comment about management solving a major crisis. Hopefully all guests would give us an opportunity while they are still at the hotel to resolve any issue that might occur. Your satisfaction is most important to us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon when your travels bring you backl to Seattle. Thank you for staying with Best Western.