“not an exective plus atmosphere”

Best Western Executive Inn
Ranked #51 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 20 March 2014

If you are looking to attend a business meeting/conference the title of this Hotel as "Executive Plus" is very misleading. The staff and manager were not very friendly and had poor customer service skills, the internet was terrible and was an immediate barrier to completing my work, and I was disappointed that I had to pay $8.00 for a bagel and a piece of fruit, no continental breakfast.

2  Thank Dena A
Josh R, Front Desk Supervisor at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dena,

It's so disappointing to hear you had anything less than an awesome experience with us. While I'm not exactly sure what happened during your stay that left you with such a bad impression, I would love the opportunity to make it up to you. Please contact me directly the next time you'll be coming into Seattle. Our phone number is 206 448 9444, my name is Josh. As for our breakfast, while we do not have a continental breakfast, we do have an awesome buffet that includes hot eggs, sausage, waffles, potatoes, black beans and rice, oatmeal, fruit, and juices. Next time you stay with us I'd be happy to show you around. Thanks Dena.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,264)

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stay here every time I am working in Downtown Seattle. Beautiful View of Space needle . Classy decor excellent customer service. Very clean rooms and facility well maintained. quiet comfortable beds newer and comfortable .Conveinet

Hey Ron,
Thanks for the great review! We are always happy to hear from our loyal guests, glad you had another great stay! We'll see you next time your in town, safe travels until then!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Location, location, location... If this was a new 3 star hotel in the same location it would go for $200 per night so walking in at a $90 rate, my expectations were low.

The best way to describe this hotel is that it was a reliable bed to sleep on with relatively clean rooms and a friendly staff. I utilized the fitness center on two mornings and while older equipment, there was much more equipment than most hotels. "Brella's" the on site restaurant was below average and while the $7.95 buffet can be enticing, there are a slew of great coffee shops and diners within blocks in the Belltown neighborhood. Free secured parking in downtown Seattle is always a premium so when I found out it was free for guests, I was ecstatic.

The aforementioned free and cheap amenities combined with a low price are designed to entice guests into a dated hotel in desperate need of updates. But for $90 per night in this location with free parking, I shouldn't complain. This should be a 2 star under normal circumstances, but because of the value compared to the market, I think it deserves 3.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Josh R, Front Desk Supervisor at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review our property. While our location is definitely prime and we're happy to provide excellent rates, we are also very proud of our property and the amenities we have to offer. Besides the parking and restaurant you mentioned, we also provide a 24 hour fitness center, free wireless internet, 24 hour guest laundry, complimentary business center, as well as a friendly staff that is happy to assist in making your stay excellent. I hope you'll stay with us again during your next stop in Seattle and give us a chance to show we have more to offer than just a great value. Thanks again.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

The wifi was awful took forever to get on (half hour) and then kept getting bumped off, the walls were paper thin...I could hear every word my neighbor said, although my co-worker and I got our reservations at the same time somehow she got the internet only price and I didn't but when I asked the front desk they were not helpful AT ALL in helping me to understand the discrepancy and just stated they couldn't do anything about it, had to pay $16 for parking, couldn't just get a banana for breakfast...had to pay for the buffet or go without. Great location...real bummer that the service was crap.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Josh R, Front Desk Supervisor at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

It truly hurts to read your review, I'm so sorry! Without more details I can't be sure why you and your co-worker had different rates, but I'm disappointed we didn't provide you with a satisfactory answer. There are several reasons rates can differ, including when it was booked, how it was booked, whether it was paid in advance, etc, but regardless we want to do all we can to assist you with having a great stay and, again, I'm sorry we did not succeed. Parking is $15 plus tax, very reasonable for Seattle. And while our extensive breakfast buffet does cost $7.95 plus tax, I would have gladly snagged a banana for you if that's all you needed. Please contact me directly when you plan to next stay in Seattle. I'd love the opportunity to change your opinion. Thanks

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Quiet, comfortable, and it has the right amenities to keep you comfortable! Beds were very comfortable! Wish the cable included the PAC 12 Network for TV watching as we were attending the Women's Basketball PAC 12 Tourney and it would have been nice to at least watch the one game we missed on TV, because of our late arrival.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Hello again Linda!

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We always try to make sure you are comfortable and am glad we succeeded! While our location is absolutely key for trips to watch the game in person, we'll definitely see what we can do about getting some more options for you on our TV lineup. Thanks again for the great review, Please let me know next time you're coming into town!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband and I brought our 2-year-old to see the Seattle Science Center. The hotel staff were very friendly and our room was clean. It is such a convenient location just across from the Seattle Center and monorail. Lots of restaurants a short drive or moderate walk away. We were surprised to have a room with a view of the Space Needle, although we didn't ask for it. The breakfast was great too and we had no issue with crowds before 8AM on a weekday.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
DLuongBW, Assistant General Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review about your stay in Seattle. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the location by the Seattle Center. If you ever come back to visit downtown, we would love to have you as our guests again. Thank you for staying with us at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn!

David Luong, Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Pay the small extra charge to guarantee to stay on the Space Needle side of the hotel; my decision to stay at this hotel was very much influenced by this factor (I wanted the room for view and location primarily), and my review is influenced by having a Space Needle view.

The room is large, and comfortable; the bed was fine to sleep in. We had a room with sofa and chair, and room enough for a big bed. The door to the adjoining room was *not* soundproofed well, and we could hear our neighbor talk pretty clearly (& vice-versa I imagine); stuffing a towel at the bottom of the door helped. I found the staff to be fine; pleasant enough as expected, and efficient (no complaints from me about staff; we didn't interact much). Parking is 'reasonable' for Seattle hotel rates, though be careful of where you park as we did have a white substance all over our car from the ceiling of the garage. We did not eat at the hotel, so cannot comment on that.

There is construction nearby, but that didn't affect our sleep quality. It's a very short walk to the Space Needle and Seattle Center.

Room Tip: Pay the extra to guarantee a Space Needle view; it's worth the relatively small charge.