Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle
Mediterranean Inn(Seattle)
US$287
US$273
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsbreakfast area isroom was cleantv channelsfull kitchencheck in was quickroom keywould stay here againclose to downtownbus stophot tubfree breakfastfront desk staffstaff was very friendly and helpfulstreet noisespace needlecoffee makeraurora
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Hotel was convenient and clean. Staff was helpful and answered all questions. Did have a problem one day with our room not being cleaned but upon notification, the desk clerk got it taken care of. Their breakfast had sufficient choices for pretty much any appetite or special needs.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Linda J
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Just stayed here for one of my bi-monthly trips to Seattle and have some bad news for you.....this place isn't so good. I read the Tripadvisor reviews and focused on why there were so many negatives and chalked it up to bad eggs and malcontents especially since the manager's comments indicated upgrades and remodeling. I should have just skipped it as it turns out.

The place does have its positives: 1) the king size bed was actually pretty nice; 2) the grave yard shift desk guy was very cool and quite helpful; 3) a great Indonesian restaurant (Indo Cafe) nearby 4) a Black Rock coffee stand close by for some excellent coffee; 5) relatively low prices appropriate for middle class "baby boomer" retirees traveling on a budget...most Choice hotels in Seattle seem to cater to this clientele; 6) the carpet was new....and maybe not installed so well as my door had trouble closing at times.

Lots of bad stuff: 1) "security door" to the parking garage not so secure...thing didn't work and anybody and I mean anyone can just walk right in.....which is important because....2) the hotel is in a sketchy area and has more than the usual number of sketchy guests who look to be long-term...as in questionable occupations related to "street activities" if you know what i mean; 3) parking spots are miniaturized, only comfortable for a compact car or economy car...anything else is an invitation to unwanted door dings; 4) the elevator was rickety and the first floor was operated by a amateur button extended off the wall by wire....I couldn't believe it [they were allegedly waiting for parts]; 5) you want ice???....one machine on the second floor; 6) you need your room cleaned after 1pm???......just make sure the cleaning staff can get to it before 2pm because this property makes a huuuuuggggeee deal about not paying overtime to these ladies; 7) tub stopper problems as in taking a shower in ankle deep water; 8) weak water pressure from said shower head; 9) flat screen TV facing the bed and fixed so that it can not be rotated or adjusted; 10) fuzzy reception on said flat screen TV; 11) rusted holes in the tub in the bathroom; 12) stained drapes; 13) daytime front desk staff that responds to challenges in a robotic way morphing into stubborn aggression while hiding behind "hotel policies" rather than thinking on her own or addressing a situation in real time.

There is more, but I'm tired of writing. To their credit the maintenance guy did respond to the two repair requests I had so this is worth noting. Consequently for this effort, the new carpet, the nice graveyard shift front desk man and the decent bed my rating is a 1.75 rather than the 1.00 I really wanted to leave to register my displeasure.

Room Tip: Actually, I knowing what I know now I would suggest reading the negative reviews here on Tripadvisor very carefully before booking a stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael S
gmwa217, Guest services at Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

I am sorry to hear about your difficulties during your stay with us.

Maintenance issues happen everyday and sometimes you have to wait for parts.

Our team works very hard to provide good service, We are only human and can make mistakes.

I thank you for your comments and all will be addressed in additional staff training.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I first checked accommodations by the Amtrak Station . I was not impressed with the reviews or the steep prices. This Comfort Inn was very nice and was close to the Zoo. It was easy to get downtown and back to the train station. The room was clean and quiet. Staff was very friendly and helpful. It's a secure place. The front desk is right by the elevators which require your card key to access . The only downer was coming back later in the evening, the parking lot was full and my friend who was driving had to park around the building where it was dark and scary. All in all, I loved my time there and would definitely book it again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
gmwa217, Guest services at Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Thank you for your comments. We are close to all things Seattle!
We are in the process of adding more outside lighting to our parking area and updating the fixtures.
Hope we can serve you again soon

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We booked here on booking.com. after travelling from baja Mexico and paying bigger prices for vacation hotels it was nice to have clean , quiet , shuttle service and breakfast all included in a great price.
Definetly one to remember as a stopover hotel I highly recommend this place , courteous staff also

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank canadiangirl959
gmwa217, Guest services at Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Thank you for your nice compliments! I hope we can serve you again soon!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

The Comfort Inn and Suites has all you want for a comfortable stay at a reasonable price. The hotel is located in a commercial area, but safety features include interior hallways, 24 hour staffing at the desk , and elevators that require key card for operation. Beds were very comfortable with choice of pillow softness. Breakfast included make-your-own hot waffles, mboiled eggs, yogurt, cold cereal, juice, coffee ,0 fresh whole fruit, and various bread type items. Very helpful, service- oriented staff.

Convenient to Northgate area if Seattle. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014
gmwa217, Guest services at Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for your comments!

We look forward to be able to serve you again soon!

This month we have new furniture coming to go along with the new bedding and pillows!
Last month we did all new carpet throughout the hotel!

Thanks again