“Unexpected Overnight”

Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle
Ranked #72 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 29 March 2010

Unfortumately, we had to overnight in this hotel due to mechanical problems with our plane. Alaska Airline put us up at no charge. However, this hotel was filthy. Our room smelled of mold as if the toilet had recently overflowed and no clean up occured. I worried the whole time that my small children would be bringing home some nasty parasite. I will say on the positive side, the front desk clerk was very helpful. Otherwise, this is one hotel that I refuse to ever stay in again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 October 2009

I stayed there overnight with some friends before a Seahawks game and we booked 2 queen suites. The rooms were filthy and the suites are very small and can hardly be called suites-oh well not that big of an issue, we are football fans afterall. The keys they made us kept deactivating and we had to get probably 8 keys made (in one day). Still who cares- Well we watched the game (the Seahawks lost) and went home. Then two weeks later I get the fairly substantial charge on my credit card for a broken mirror-there is NO way we broke or damaged ANYTHING. It is ludicrous for them to charge people for what is simply the deplorable condition of the hotel. Just their way of paying the bills I guess.

This place rips you off-Dont go there.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2009

We only spent one night and before we checked in we knew we were going to spend a wild night out on the town. BUT when we checked in it smelled so BAD!! I think they keep the sprayers going 24/7 in the hallway so you will try not to notice but it is BAD!!...(1) night is all we could take and that is after we had a good time.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2009

We stayed here because it was avialable when we changed our plans last minute and added 2 days to our trip. It was decent enough for a comfort inn. No pool and the food was pretty basic at breakfast. Breakfast area is puny. I can neither recommend nor discourage staying here. If you get a great price and need a hotel that can have 5 in a room, its a good deal.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2009

We stayed here for one night as we wanted to stayed in Seattle one more unplanned night. At first we thought that the location was a bit far from downtown Seattle. However, the next day when we did drive back to down, it was not too bad (15-20 minutes). The staff was good. The room was clean and spacious. The breakfast was complimentary and this was very helpful for us in starting our day.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank milkweed
Reviewed 4 February 2009

5 stars for the staff
3 stars for the breakfast
2 stars for the razor thin walls that you can hear everytime someone coughs
5 stars for the location, a few miles to downtown Seattle, close to loads of restaurants and shops all within walking distance

Not a bad place to stay, but I guess when they built these hotels, insulation between walls must have been nonexistant

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank rboy159
Reviewed 20 September 2008

Stayed 3 nights Sept 12 -14 and although I expected it to be a decent place - which is why I booked it, I was pleasantly suprised many times throughout the weekend.

The front desk staff was helpful with every request and question. The check in process was the fastest and smoothest I have ever experienced. She got thru the usual spiel and we had key in hand in and were headed to our room in under 2 mins yet she was polite and not hurried at all, just orgainzed and thourough.

The lobby is clean, it has a microwave in it ( not needed as our room had one) as well as coffee tea and hot choc always availible free of charge.

The room was a 2 queen with a pull-out couch, non-smoking room although a previous guest had decided not to follow the policy and there was a faint smokey smell. I think it was more noticable to us because US cigs smell way different than Canadian cigs, but we opened the window and in no time at all the smell had dissipated. I asked the front desk to insure the chambermaids left the window open the next day, and she made note of that, AND had them spray nutrilizer in there - it was not a problem after that!

The Rooms were clean but housekeeping did not take the dirty coffee mug and plate from our breakfast back when they made up the room - not a big deal and the only thing that stuck out as being less than perfect the whole weekend

The furniture was nice both in the room and in the lobby it looks like it was updated not that long ago. The bathroom was small but fine. But I found it odd that the bathroom door faced the beds - not what I am used to, most hotels I have been have had them at a right angle to the door of the room. Also the sinks are in the bathroom which meant if someone was 'going' others could not be brushing their teeth or whatever. With a big family I prefer the sink & vanity out of the bathroom but that was certianly not a deal breaker

The Breakfast room is tiny as someone mentioned but the Huge selection of food more than made up for it -and REAL, MADE BY YOU waffles....YUM! The Breakfast staff was very on the ball and nothing ever ran out. The money one can save on the free breaky makes this a real plus. Definaly one of the best parts of the stay

There is a ton of parking - including some covered parking and I felt safe leaving my van there at night.

The drive to downtown is a good 10 mins BUT the route is simple and I actually felt safer being a bit farther out. Its in a commerial neighborhood, but it was a nice location. And because we planned to take advantage of the Fridge and Microwave in our room we were pleasantly suprised to find a grocery store 1/2 block away. There also seemed to be a nice selection of resturaunts nearby.

Free Internet usage on the lobby computer, which is not something I usually worry about having in a hotel but a few times over the weekend I needed to look up something and it ended up being a great convienience.!

No Pool, Small but suffiencient hot tub off the lobby.

Room key card to activate the elevator was a pain in the butt, but I guess it's added security.

All in all it's not 5 star but for the economy price range you get better than an economy hotel.... but ask for a top floor room so you dont have to hear the neighbors above you flush the toilet while you are trying to sleep!

Stayed: September 2008