“Stranded in Seattle...”

Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle
Ranked #72 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 13 August 2010

I wanted to take a moment and write to you regarding my recent stay at your Comfort Suites Hotel in Seattle, WA. I was traveling from Canada to Houston and was scheduled to catch a flight out of the Seattle Airport. Unfortunately, I missed my flight. The customer service desk gave me a “distressed traveler” coupon for your hotel.

They contacted the hotel, the shuttle picked me up at the airport and took me hotel. This hotel did not have a restaurant but the staff was kind enough to take me to the nearby mall so I could get something to eat. After my meal they picked me up and took me back to the hotel. The next morning they took me back to the airport so I could catch my flight.

The entire staff was so accommodating, professional and sympathetic to my plight. Customer service is so rare these days I wanted to let you know how much the experience meant to me. The entire staff should receive the recognition they deserve for all the help they offered. Each one of them from the shuttle driver to the hotel manager was exceptional. I’d like to thank you and the extraordinary staff at that hotel for all they did for me.

Thank you so very much and the next time I am stranded in Seattle I will stay at the Comfort Suites.

Warm Regards

Donna Hoover

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank StrandedinSeatte

Reviewed 12 August 2010

This particular property sits on the intersection of highway #99 on the northern tip of Seattle - its about a ten to fifteen minute drive into Seattle. It's convientently located near coffee shops, fast food as well as restaurants and grocery stores (Albertsons) & Costco. It's also easily accessible to the interstate.

While staying at this location, we had a non smoking room with 2 queen beds on the second floor overlooking downtown Seattle. It met our needs perfectly. Room was clean throughout during our two night stay.

Breakfast was your typical continental breakfast & was constantly attended to by the staff of the hotel - always ensuring that coffee pots were full and breakfast items always stocked.

On the plus side, in order to gain entrance to the hotel from parking garage & entering the hotel elevator to your room, access is only gained with the use of your hotel key - ensuring the guest's security.

We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank MOJO329
Reviewed 3 August 2010

This hotel was a last minute booking to change from a hotel in a different neighborhood in Seattle to one closer to downtown. This is not as close to downtown as I thought it was. It's over a mile and there are significant hills to cross from downtown to the hotel.

The plus was this hotel runs a shuttle to Pike's Market, so we were able to get to Pike's easily. Getting back to the hotel was more challenging because the shuttle times told by the hotel were different than what actually happened.

Another plus is they were able to let us check in several hours before 3:00 so that was very convenient.

The cons are they neighborhood is a bit run down and there is no restaurant in the hotel or close by.

The room was clean but the beds were uncomfortable. Bathroom was nice.

I would stay there again but it was pricier than it should have been for what and where it was.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank CaliforniaOceanGirl
Reviewed 10 May 2010

We had a one night layover due to bad weather and flight was delayed. So we got a "distress" rate on a room. $55, so I wasn't expecting much. It kept us warm and bed wasn't bad either. Didn't seem to clean and/or maintained. We were only there for 9 hours in total, so I cant say much. The first shuttle driver was pretty rude, the guy the second day was much nicer. Staff at check in were very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2010

Unfortumately, we had to overnight in this hotel due to mechanical problems with our plane. Alaska Airline put us up at no charge. However, this hotel was filthy. Our room smelled of mold as if the toilet had recently overflowed and no clean up occured. I worried the whole time that my small children would be bringing home some nasty parasite. I will say on the positive side, the front desk clerk was very helpful. Otherwise, this is one hotel that I refuse to ever stay in again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2009

I stayed there overnight with some friends before a Seahawks game and we booked 2 queen suites. The rooms were filthy and the suites are very small and can hardly be called suites-oh well not that big of an issue, we are football fans afterall. The keys they made us kept deactivating and we had to get probably 8 keys made (in one day). Still who cares- Well we watched the game (the Seahawks lost) and went home. Then two weeks later I get the fairly substantial charge on my credit card for a broken mirror-there is NO way we broke or damaged ANYTHING. It is ludicrous for them to charge people for what is simply the deplorable condition of the hotel. Just their way of paying the bills I guess.

This place rips you off-Dont go there.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2009

We only spent one night and before we checked in we knew we were going to spend a wild night out on the town. BUT when we checked in it smelled so BAD!! I think they keep the sprayers going 24/7 in the hallway so you will try not to notice but it is BAD!!...(1) night is all we could take and that is after we had a good time.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple