“Pleasantly surprised”

Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle
Ranked #73 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 4 January 2011

Downtown Seattle is a very expensive place to stay. My husband found this hotel for $80 plus tax. We had two queen beds, free wireless and a very adequate breakfast which included eggs and waffles.
The service was quick and courteous. When we arrived at our assigned room there was very loud female laughter coming from the adjoining room. A quick visit to the front desk secured us a quiet room without any problem.
The room was clean and linens were good quality.
I was very pleased to find a clean, quiet room in downtown Seattle for such a reasonable price and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PinkSoxusa
andreaWa217, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2011

Thank you so much for your Lovely comments!
Suprizes that are Pleasant are the best!
Next time you are in town, Please do come back and see us again.
Mention this comment and get a 10% discount

Warm reguards
Andrea Strickland
Guest services

Reviewed 15 November 2010

Checked into the hotel on Friday the 12th of Nov for two nights. On the first note, our room received a noise complaint so they called us and told us to keep it down. We didn't have any music or yelling, just some talkin and laughing and it was late into the night so it disturbed a few guests around us. Understanding the situation, we kept it down and went to sleep. The next morning, we received a call that said the manager wants us out by 12pm. I asked why, and she blamed it on the noise complains. I explained to her that we got the call from the staff, and kept it down. She abrupty refused to talk about and hung up the phone. Additionally, when we checked in, I asked for an extra key and the front desk clerk refused to give me one. He told me "you don't need it." I booked this room on discount and I think they wanted me out because they could have sold the room for a higher price the next day. The room itself was decent (nothing worth mentioning - good or bad) but the service from the staff is horrible. In my opinion, that matters more than the room because the room can be switched. Management and staff are poorly trained in the social area of their service and I would not recommend staying here. I would reccomend the Holiday Inn & Suites that is across the street that had great service and clean rooms.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank rpatel86

I am sorry to read these comments about your stay with us. We strive for excellant customer service and will use these comments in training.
We appreciate that you took the time to write them and hope you will give us a second chance.
Please call me directly at 206-361-3700 and I will get you a 10% discount and a room on the 4th floor with a view and a little more space.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Andrea Strickland
Guest services

Reviewed 14 November 2010

I booked this using Travelocity and paid $65.00 but didn't know which hotel I booked. This service works well with Priceline and Hotwire but not here. The hotel has a decent bed and the included breakfast was OK but that is all the good. The location is on a busy road across from a thrift store. While we parked outside a patron who had parked his car underground complained it had been broken into. A sketchy area far from downtown. The hallway smelled of nil ordour, The traffic noise started at 6 AM and the bathroom was small. Free slow internet though. And good selection of TV channels on the old TV. Too bad the channel changer was broken. A solid two star, which you will find next to any freeway in America. Good for one night especially if you want to buy a cheap car in one of the many nearby used car lots or a gut bomb at a nearby greasy spoon.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2010

Hotel policy says hotel is pet friendly, but they wouldn't allow us to stay with our 16yr old cat that needed cancer treatment at the nearby animal cancer center the next day.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2010

Was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. The room was listed as a junior suite and it had two double beds, a sofa bed, microwave, refrigerator, and was very clean. The staff were very friendly and accommodating and went out of their way to help when I discovered I had made an error and booked for 5 days instead of 6!!! A continental breakfast was offered every morning and although it wasn't the best I've ever had, it was certainly adequate. It is close to the Seattle Center where the Space Needle is located as well as other attractions. And best of all, it was about half the price of some other hotels in downtown Seattle. A real bargain.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Marlene70
Reviewed 28 October 2010

We stayed at this hotel while receiving medical treatments in Seattle. Great location, nice rooms. We realized at the airport that we forgot our souvenirs in the room. I called right away that moment and the man at the front desk transferred me to the housekeeping manager's voice mail and she would get back to me in 48 hours. She never called back and so a few days later I called and talked to a very rude young lady at the front desk and she said there was nothing retreived from room 306 and she basically hung up on me when I was asking too many questions. I know the hotel isn't liable for lost items, however, I wonder if it was the cleaning staff or the next guest that took it. You'd think if they cleaned the room properly they would have seen the bag and took it to lost and found. There are alot of other hotels in the area for the same price and same great location, therefore I will stay somewhere else next time we go for treatment.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2010

Big rooms. New linens and towels. Absolutely great continental breakfast. Free wireless. Parking is a little close on upper level. Senior rate for two was $93.63 TI. An extremely good value for the dollar in an otherwise expensive city.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple