“Decent bar”
Review of The Whisky Bar - CLOSED

The Whisky Bar
Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

The bar was warm and inviting, good music. The selection of drinks and whiskey was very large. Food options were slim though. Staff was friendly and helpful very warm. Even 10 minutes after the bar was open there was 6 people already inside. My only con is lack of food on menu...you get what you pay for. Top shelf whiskey is never going to be a wallmart price.

1  Thank veggielover313

Reviewed 28 November 2012

The New location @ 2122 2nd Ave is gorgeous! The whisky bar now has a full menu of "Old style English Food" some sounds unapproachable, but if you venture you will be in for a treat!
Great Staff, warm environment!

Beware... I walked into the old location and the new bar there didn't mention that I wasn't in the whisky until I asked why so different! I'm afraid others are doing the same.

1  Thank Spectator1
Reviewed 16 October 2012

This place is like Mecca to me and I was disheartened to find it closed. When I poked my head in the new location I found that it was a week away from opening. Manager invited us in anyway and in true Whiskey Bar fashion made us feel at home and poured us a bourbon from his private collection. He was unable to charge us for the drink and we happily enjoyed his hospitality and the new locale which we will now seek out on every trip to Seattle. A new Mecca!

2  Thank Coco1957
Reviewed 21 July 2012

The place is not a dive bar, but the staff have a regular crowd of patrons. If you are not a patron and you are served by the wrong bartender, there is high probability you will be thrown out of the bar. The bartenders range from non-caring to out right rude. The drinks are pricey. The music is good. So if you are not visiting with a patron, best avoid the place. You may be threatened for simply stepping into the place to explore the menu.