“Perfect Wedding Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #65 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Port Townsend, Washington
“Perfect Wedding Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

We held my daughter's wedding at the WAC and had a perfect experience. The staff was kind and gracious with attention to every detail. The Crystal Ballroom was just the right level of glamorous. Most of the family stayed at the Inn and it was a joy to be there together. The food was excellent and they even provided the cake. It was so easy and we got to put our attention on being together. I am so grateful that nothing marred this very happy occasion. Indeed, I never wanted to leave.

Room Tip: We had 7 rooms - all very nice but 1809 was my favorite. Fantastic water and city view, perfect for...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
kkozuki, General Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, 26 August 2011
Dear Kim98368,

Thanks for your kind comments. We are thrilled that your family chose the WAC and that we were able to play a supporting role in making your daughter's wedding an unforgettable experience. I will be sure to acknowledge our outstanding team for you. We appreciate being part of your experience, and thank you for choosing us.

Kerry Kozuki

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

At the desk at check-in,m I mentioned my birthday to my husband. When we returned to our room later in the day, we were surprised and delighted to find a marvelous birthday cake and sparkling water awaiting us. We know that the two gentlemen at the desk, Kamil Turczanski, and Derek Layton were really alert and on the job. The whole stay was wonderful.
Lori McKinley

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Lori M,

We were excited to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we surprised and delighted you! Thanks for your acknowledgement. We try to go out of our way to make each guest's experience unique and memorable. I will be certain to share your kind comments with Kamil and Derek. I hope we will see you again soon.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

A last minute business trip and with the "usual" hotel all booked up, I ended up here and was pleasantly surprised.

My room faced the water, so I had a great view and it was quiet. It also had a great bathroom with a deep tub. Ran out to LUSH and got some bath bombs :)

The hotel is walking distance to all the shopping you need as well as to Pike Place. The MOD pizza place across the street is very good...try the knot..a sweet treat with cinnamon.... yummy.

While I did not use the facilities, my coworker did and said the gym was fabulous.

I will definitely stay here again. (My only complaint is that the room service is very limited).

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
kkozuki, General Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, 16 August 2011
Dear fstrdr,

I'm glad that you chose to stay with us and hope that we can become your 'usual' hotel! We're happy to hear that you loved the bathrooms and the facilities here. As we are a smaller hotel (109 rooms), we don't offer 24 hour room service but it is available until 9PM. We will roll out the welcome mat for your next stay with us, which I hope will be soon.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

I stayed there for two weeks in February and I had stayed there once before in January. The first room I had was wonderful. The second one, for my longer stay, was not as good. It looked old and there were extension cords running in the room. It was like they were trying to make an old room look better with some paint and nice linens. I can't fault the staff, but there was a lot of construction noise above me in the hotel during my stay. It was impossible to nap. I asked the front desk about it, but no one seemed very concerned about moving me to another location. Probably the other major problem are the elevators. Since there are athletic facilities on the lower floors, during the day and early evening you must wait until the people in their gym clothes get off and on on several floors in order to get to the upper floors where the inn is located. This can take a while and the smell of sweaty clothes and chlorine is pretty strong. The location downtown is great and everyone is friendly. The bathrooms are nice and the beds are very comfortable. The internet worked fine. The hallways look a bit shabby. All in all, I always felt I was staying at a gym and, in fact, I was.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
kkozuki, General Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, 10 August 2011
Dear corsicus,

Thank you very much for posting your review. We are glad that you enjoyed our beds and bathrooms and that you though our staff was friendly.

To your point about the extension cords, I agree with you. In the past few months, we have added electrical outlets to all rooms in conjunction with a baseboard remodel to cure this issue. I sincerely apologize for the issue you brought up about the construction noise (perhaps to do with the baseboard installation) and our apparent lack of sensitivity. Also, all hallways have been remodeled within the past 3 months including new carpet and lighting.

Although we value your opinion, we will state that the characterization of a stay at the Inn at the WAC as a stay in a malodorous gym doesn't accurately reflect the nature of this property. All athletic facilities are two or more floors lower than the lowest hotel floor.

We hope we can change your mind about our hotel if we have an opportunity to serve you again.

Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

Always enjoy staying in such a central location when I visit. My family has a membership and it really has great accommodations. Rooms could be bigger but you have to factor in location.

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
kkozuki, General Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, 29 June 2011
Dear jumpman_186,

I'm glad to learn that you and your spouse enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

The Inn at the WAC had very nice rooms, if a little small. I have two complaints. First, my visitors were held up by the hotel security desk. Yes, this hotel has a security checkpoint to get to your flippin' room. I had to call down before they would be allowed into the lobby. WAC, Please figure out if you are a club or a hotel. Consider restricting access to your gym at the elevators, so that guests can enjoy the modern definition of Inn. Second, this hotel has absolutely no guest parking. The WAC has parking for over $30 dollars a day a block away, and although my employer booked the room, I was not informed that I would have to pay parking until I closed out my bill and left the hotel. It's a *very* bad guest experience to surprise them with a $130 parking bill when they are trying to leave after they closed out their bill and checked out. It is outrageous that guests are expected to pay for parking because the WAC parking garage is largely empty after hours as the club is not open 24 hour. But it makes sense a stuffy downtown hotel will try to nickel and dime its guests. If you travel by limo and no one is meeting you at the hotel, then by all means consider the WAC, but for everybody else skip downtown and enjoy a modern experience. Also please ditch the 256k internet service as we are well into the 21st century and guests should expect free post-1996 internet speeds.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
kkozuki, General Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, 14 June 2011
Dear dnutsch,

Thanks for your review and very detailed comments. We are glad that you chose us and that you thought our rooms were very nice. I'd like to address your concerns, and to respond to some thoughts you presented.

Since we are a private club and not open to the general public, front door security is standard and not something that will change, since our members and guests generally place great value and take comfort in the fact that it is a secured premises. Our parking rates at our garage are very comparable with that of surrounding hotels, and we fully advise guests of parking charges when they check in with a vehicle. We also have valet parking available for $3 more per night if you would prefer that in the future.

Your point about the internet service is something to be considered. We offer complimentary 512KB access and for an additional $10 per night, high speed service. The intent with the free service is to provide access for basic email and web browsing, although we could increase the limit somewhat for better free browsing. However, we don't see ourselves offering unlimited bandwidth to guests at any point in the immediate future.

We will be in contact with your company's travel manager to ensure that they are making your fellow company travelers aware of our necessary security protocols and our parking charges. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. Once more, thank you for your valued comments.

Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

I am a Hilton honors diamond member and usually stay at Hilton properties. The company I work for has a preferred rate with the WAC, so I decided to give it a try, and boy, am I glad I did. This hotel was awesome ! I stayed there on 6/6, in room 1503. The room was clean, modern and very cozy. The only thing I didn't like was that it was a bit noisy, but there is normal for most any downtown hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in downtown Seattle. It is within walking distances of the many stores and restaurants in the area. Treat yourself next time and stay here - I definitely will !

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Dear Itsjustme47,

It's great to hear that you thought our hotel was awesome! There is not much we can do about city noise, as you surmised, but let us know and we can try to room you in a different room next time. Thanks for the glowing recommendation and we hope to see you soon!