“Excellent customer service and beautiful guest rooms.”
Review of Inn at the WAC

Inn at the WAC
Ranked #66 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
seattle,wa
“Excellent customer service and beautiful guest rooms.”
Reviewed 29 March 2010

The Inn at the WAC was a wonderful experience. The customer service was excellent and genuine. Once the check in was complete (Mimi and Michael were very helpful and sweet) we checked into our guest room. The room was beautifully decorated and everything was in very good shape. The clealiness of the room was outstanding. The location is also great because it is in walking distance to all the downtown Seattle restaurants, Pike Place Market, and the shopping district. I would definitely recommend staying here for a romantic night downtown Seattle.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
kkozuki, General Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, 11 October 2010
Thanks for your comments! I'm glad to hear that your stay was superb. We will be certain to congratulate the team members you mentioned for making your stay memorable. I hope that you will return to us again to enjoy a special evening out on the town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
B.C., Canada
Reviewed 8 February 2010

My brother & I stayed for 2 nights while attending a racquetball clinic at the WAC. The rooms are small but very comfortable and have everything you need. Great flat screen TV, nice DVD clock radio, lots of toiletries, great views. Just off the freeway so is very convenient. The staff were very competent and friendly and the hotel itself has a nice homey atmosphere. My 2 small "minuses" are the fact that the pkg garage is in the next block and there is limited drawer space in the room. Neither would stop me from staying there again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for staying with us and posting a review. Since our building was built in 1930, parking was evidently not a concern at that time! However, as you point out, we own and operate a garage 1/2 block north... for $2 more, please try our valet parking the next time you stay - and we hope there will be a 'next time' very soon. I'm glad that you liked your room appointments and our property!
Lake Oswego, Oregon
Reviewed 19 January 2010

I've stayed at the Inn at the WAC several time over the past couple of months, and I love it. Its location--immediately off the freeway with convenient parking--is terrific. The service is always low key but helpful. The restaurant options are varied and the food is good. The workout facilities are excellent. The rooms, while small, are clean, comfortable, and nicely decorated. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
We appreciate your recommendation and are glad to hear that you like staying with us - repeatedly! Hope to host you again soon.
Port Townsend
Reviewed 2 November 2009

My wife and I are long-term non-resident members of the WAC and the Inn at the WAC has always been a favorite place to stay. Just recently, however, the WAC has completed extensive renovations throughout the hotel with major upgrades in plumbing, bathroom decor and guest room appointments. We generally stay in a corner deluxe room and I think the rennovations in these rooms have come off very well. The bathrooms no longer have a dated feeling and the rooms have great decor and newly installed flat screen TV systems that are accessible from just about any place in the room. I use my computer in the room and have no trouble picking up the WAC's wireless internet service.
We recently upgraded to the new San Juan Suite on the 10th floor, and were really impressed with what has been done. Beautiful, smart layout with 3 TVs, very convenient separation between sitting/lounge and bedroom/bath areas. I liked the larger desk area with room for computer and other paper work. My wife liked the 2 person soaking tub! You can entertain or do a small business group meeting without having any intrusion into the private bedroom/bath area. Nice wine cooler and bar area in the lounge area.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
kkozuki, General Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, 26 October 2010
Dear Starrdog,

Thanks for your comments about all of our upgrades. I'm glad you had an opportunity to stay in one of our suites to have an appreciation for how the property has moved upmarket. We hope to welcome you back very soon!
washington
Reviewed 2 November 2009

Staying at the Inn at the WAC always feels like home away from home. The facilities, service, staff and location make for the perfect Seattle venue. Now with the newly renovated guest rooms, the experience is even better. Having access to the incredible fitness facilities is another huge plus.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
kkozuki, General Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, 8 September 2011
Dear sahale,

I'm glad that you consider our hotel as your home away from home in Seattle. Thanks for recognizing our continuous improvements! We look forward to having you back soon.

Best regards,

Kerry Kozuki
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Reviewed 28 August 2008

I stayed at the WAC for one night before an Alaskan cruise with my mother and daughter. We had two rooms - my mother's had just been remodeled and was lovely. The one my daughter and I had had not been remodeled yet but was still very nice. What was really outstanding about the WAC is the staff.

After dinner on the evening we arrived we realized that we had left one of my mother's suitcases on the car rental shuttle bus at the airport. (And we were leaving on our cruise the next day!) When the valet parking person realized why we were distressed, she immediately contacted the security person and the bellman. They gave me the phone number for the car rental and I quickly found that they had the bag at the airport. The bellman then said that he would arrange for someone to get the bag that night so we wouldn't have to. And he did - the bag arrived about 10:30 that night.

The WAC is also very well located downtown. When my family lived in Seattle many years ago we were members and I'm happy to say it's still a fabulous place. Please note that you need to be a member of the WAC or one of its reciprocal clubs to make use of the lodgings. (They have a great rate for anyone cruising on Holland America)

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Brinkleybuddy
Dear Brinkleybuddy,

We appreciate your detailed review and thank you for staying with us. I'm glad that our staff was able to provide a high level of service and that you got your bag back. I'm sorry that all your rooms weren't remodeled during your stay, but I am happy to inform you that at this point (September 2011), the hotel has been completely renovated and is appointed with the latest technology and luxurious appointments. Please come back soon!

Best regards,

Kerry Kozuki
Northern New Jersey
Reviewed 18 June 2008

This isn't your standard chain hotel, which is one of the things I loved about it. I had a large corner room with windows on two sides which made it very bright and cheerful with good views. The bathroom was a little dated, but clean with quality amenities and nearly a full wall of window (that opened!)

Once I saw the size of the room and all of the windows, I was more than willing to forgive the small work desk and the odd location of the TV. The type of cabinet and its location in the room made the TV uncomfortable to watch from either the bed or the sofa. I can see where that could be a problem for a TV fan.

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. As an added plus, the high speed wireless internet was included in the room rate and it worked very well. I didn't have time to try out the workout facilities, but I'm told by friends in Seattle that they are terrific.

• Liked — Large room with two walls of windows
  • Disliked — The bathroom was a little dated
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank NJ_Traveler05
Dear NJ Traveler - Thanks very much for your constructive comments about our property. Despite the nits, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We have used comments like yours to drive us to correct the issues with the TV location and the bathroom. Last year, we underwent a multi-million dollar renovation to completely overhaul our bathrooms with luxury fixtures and appointments, and also installed (properly located) large flatscreen TVs in all rooms. We now provide content to all of our flatscreens via IPTV (Internet Protocol TV) to deliver 100% clear HD content. I hope you can stay again soon to see the difference.