“Excellent location but a little pricy”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn at the WAC

Inn at the WAC
Ranked #66 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Wetherby
“Excellent location but a little pricy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2010

Nice hotel in centre of Seattle. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
kkozuki, General Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, 18 November 2010
Dear Wetherby,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm glad you enjoyed your breakfast and that the location was good for you! Although we always endeavor to deliver excellent value for the price here, I'm interested to hear your thoughts regarding how you think we could do better. Please contact me at kkozuki@wac.net. I would appreciate further feedback.

Best regards,
Kerry Kozuki

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

I stayed here recently on a business trip to Seattle. I normally stay at the SPG chain of hotels, but this boutique hotel was recommended by my company. It was very clean and well appointed and was a nice surprise on my trip to Seattle. In fact I am back here again this week. Completely recommended.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
kkozuki, General Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, 26 October 2010
Dear Vancouver Guest,

We are glad that you decided to change your hotel habit and try us out. Thank you for your positive comments. We hope we continue to wow and delight you. Thanks for choosing the Inn at the WAC.
ellensburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2010

We were able to stay in one of the rooms with the new bathroom,what a pleasue.The service is outstanding and the club is so close to all the great shopping in the area and that makes my wife very happy.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest from Ellensburg,

We appreciate your comments about our hotel. Actually, all of the bathrooms are now renovated and fitted with the finest appointments - you won't find an old one here anymore! We are also in the process of switching to an all-botanical amenity line, Aromatherapy Associates in our rooms and spa. We hope you hurry back, and since you like shopping, this is a good jumping off point for your holiday purchases in downtown Seattle. We'll be here to serve you!
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2010

Outstanding staff starting at the front door, bellman, check-in, and restaurants/bar options. Food service was excellant. Fitness amenities first class.
Recently updated rooms are a vast improvement.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Thanks for your kind words. We are honored that you were served well by our staff - we will be sure to share this with them. Glad you like the upgrades to our rooms and athletic facilities. Please come back soon!
Juneau, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2010

I was in Seattle for business, and the location was perfect, right in the heart of downtown. I took the new Sound Transit from the airport to the University stop which is convenient to the club. I arrived early and the room was ready- that was nice. It was modern and bright with a wonderful view. I was short on time before my meeting and chose Torchy's restaurant on the 2nd floor for lunch. I had the best french onion soup I have ever had and fresh salad with local greens- the service was the best - pleasant, professional and accomodating. After my meeting I cheked the Spa and they had room for a facial and massage the next day. I have had facials before but nothing compared to the experience I had that day. It was perfect. I was putty in her hands. Best of all, after the facial and massage I just rode the elevator up to my room and collapsed into the tub for a long soak. I enjoyed my stay, felt pamperd and cared for. The staff really pays attention to detail and that meant a great deal to me. I will definately make a point to book the WAC for my next Seattle visit.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
kkozuki, General Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, 24 September 2010
We are honored that you would review our property by providing a review, and will share your comments with our team to encourage everyone to deliver ever higher levels of service! When can we reserve your next experience? We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2010

Our family of 6 stayed in rooms 1707 and 1708. Rooms have been updated, and are significantly nicer than our stay years ago. That said, not everything was updated.

First the good:
- Good location
- Relaxed dress code
- The setup of these particular rooms was nice for a family - entry from hallway through door that locks into a foyer, off which there are separate doors to the two rooms.
- HD TV's.
- Good location: If you like to be close to heart of the shopping area of Seattle, this isn't bad. Better at numerous other hotels.

the not so good:
- there is only "limited" complimentary access to the athletic areas. This does not include any of the weight and cardio areas. This is different than when we visited years ago, and is not consistent with other private clubs where we have stayed, including the New York Athletic Club. I personally believe this is cheap and reflects poorly on the WAC. If you like to work out while on the road and don't appreciate being nickeled and dimed, I suggest you stay at one of the wonderful main line hotels that are located in the vicinity. Our favorite is the Grand Hyatt, which doesn't charge you extra to use the workout facilities, which while not as extensive as the WAC, they are adequate to get a decent workout.
- Response from Management: After having left a specific voice message for management over 24 hours ago, I have yet to receive a call.

If you were like us and looking to make last minute plans, this isn't a bad option. Unfortunately, it's not up to par with the other hotels in the area, most notably the Grand Hyatt.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
kkozuki, General Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, 15 September 2010
We have received this guest's review and acknowledge his points. Our guest callback policy is to return calls by the end of the business day - we have determined who the message was left with and have addressed it. This is not representative of our normal high level of service. Our apologies for not meeting your expectations with regard to this.

With regard to the conditioning area access charge, it is currently the only item other than movies that we charge a fee for. We are a private club and currently maintain free access to conditioning areas as a benefit of membership with our club, but have been reviewing our policy. For example, in checking with the other hotel mentioned, they charge a $9.99 plus tax daily fee for internet access while we offer basic access on a complimentary basis.
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2010

The WAC was recommoned by our Daughter whom lives in Seattle..This Inn has a personality,great food,and over the top sincere employees.We have traveled much and have found this stop the best of any other private clubs we have visited.From the bar (Tyler & Gary ) to the Dinning area ( Susan & Heidid ) all served you like you were one of the family..Rest assured on our next visit you will find us at Inn.. WAC.Herb & Elizabeth Anderson St. Petersburg, Florida

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
kkozuki, General Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, 20 September 2010
Thank you for the wonderful review of our property. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed our staff, the rooms and your overall experience. We have definitely shared your positive comments with the team members you named.

We hope to welcome you back soon as your home away from home!