“Fantastic”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Love the personal service and caring staff. The baguettes are the best in the US and make wonderful sandwiches.

Visited May 2014

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Shoreline, Washington
“Delicious”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

About everything is beyond words delicious. Both locations. Easier parking I think in west Seattle But you can't go wrong going there

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jwick1
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“if you are into pastry...wow”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

we were taken here by a friend who knows what kind of sweet tooth i have and i was not dissapointed...had a chocolate croissant and a almond croissant that melted in my mouth..what more can i say...this is the banana split of bakeries...we were there during the week and i understand on the weekend you cant get in....wow

• Visited August 2014
“You'll want to come back for more!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Wow! Stopped in for a quick breakfast item, but it took me a while to decide because just when I thought I saw what I wanted, the next item in the case was even more tempting. The pastries look so good that you want to take a picture and use it as a screensaver, but I was so busy deciding that I didn't take a picture. Besides if I saw this food on my computer screen, I would have to make a trip to West Seattle every day!

Turns out the food not only looks good, but tastes fantastic as well. The problem is that you will probably end up buying more than you need (but still eat it all). I started with quiche (smoked salmon & dill). The filling was so smooth is was almost like a flan and the flavors were subtly delicious. The crust was flaky and didn't overwhelm the filling.

So when I finished that, I was on my way to get an apple caramel tart (yum!) and I saw a multi-layer German chocolate--my favorite! So I bought one to go. This is my birthday cake of choice and I'm picky about it. The coconut-pecan filling was divine!

I have to say that the Caprese sandwich on ciabatta bread (they do sell bread by the loaf as well) looked excellent, but I forced myself out the door before I could get in the order line again!

All I can say is that this is not a one-time stop. You'll be dreaming of your next visit the moment you walk out the door!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank TravelingFan22
Port Moody, Canada
“Excellent croissants!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Visited the West Seattle location in June, early on a Sunday morning. We frequent this location several times a year. This location is in a funky location full of book shops, diners and restaurants. California Street? It's a busy location so go early. The line up is often out the door and down the street. There are only a few tables to consume these tasty items so be prepared to wait or take away.

Please be patient while waiting to be served by the friendly staff. It's a single file lineup. Purchased 6 plain croissants in which they boxed up for me for easy transportation. Also purchased a vanilla latte. The lineup to wait for the hot drinks was rather long and slow. It was a busy morning and I beat the rush

We indulged in the croissants with wonderful homemade jams and jellies. The exterior was a little over brown for my liking but still flaky. The interior was soft and flavourful.

We have also enjoyed their pastries and sandwiches. Everything is good! Will go again!

• Visited June 2014