“Great sandwiches - an unexpected surprise.”
Review of Smarty Pants

Smarty Pants
Ranked #697 of 4,169 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Seattle, Washington
“Great sandwiches - an unexpected surprise.”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Yes, I read other reviews before seeking out this Georgetown location- all of which were glowing reports of the food. But really - how great can a sandwich be???
Turns out...pretty great! Three of us ordered different sandwiches which thankfully were huge, allowing for generous sharing. This place will be at the top of the list for another lunchtime visit. Miss Piggy and the Rueben are highly reccomended. Just writing this makes me want to go back but since I have returned to the East Coast I will have to wait for my next trip to Seattle.

Victoria, Canada
“Friendly pub fare with a biker theme”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We were staying in the Georgetown area and looking for a late night snack after traveling. It was past eleven and the locals directed us to Smarty Pants as their kitchen was open till midnight. Smarty pants is a kind of a dive-y biker bar... but a friendly one. There are vintage motorcycles above the door, pictures of bikes on the walls and TV screens showing the history of the motorcycle. Many lovely bikes parked in front. Inside the staff and other patrons were very helpful and amiable. It was kind of like entering the set of "Cheers." We were delighted to see a 'happy hour' menu offered from ten-midnight, featuring inexpensive (and delicious) wine and some tasty pub fare, nachos, quesadillas, and a sandwich sampler plate. Smarty pants is known for it's sandwiches I guess. Our first evening we ordered chicken quesadillas, which were very inexpensive and so we assumed that it was a small portion and ordered one each, Wrong... full size yummy quesadilla, just right after a long car trip. My only complaint is that there was too much cheese! I took half the order home. The next evening we found ourselves not eating until after an evening event had concluded. We searched everywhere in the Columbia district for a kitchen that was open, and finding none we hi-tailed it back to Smarty Pants. We got there within five minutes of the kitchen closing hour, but the staff were very happy to serve us and the owner walked over to offer some suggestions. This time we ate off the regular menu, trying the well-loved sandwiches. I forget the name of the one I ordered - a spicy chicken sandwich with pickled vegetables included. The owner had recommended it and said it wasn't even on the menu. It was tasty... and once again more than I could eat (at that hour). I ordered it with cole slaw which I also enjoyed. For the value-minded diner, the happy hour menu cannot be beat... it is offered both early evening and late at night.

• Visited March 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Georgetown crowd and motorcycles”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Good food, interesting atmosphere, artsy crowd. Not cheap for what you get, but worth a visit. Free stickers with your check.

Seattle, WA
“Decent Sandwiches...not that healthy”
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Since it's so close to Boeing, it's an easy place to have lunch for employees...but I wouldn't rate this as a "destination", more of a convenience. Sandwiches are good, and the slaw is awesome. During the week at lunch time, it's a bunch of tattooed and pierced servers putting up with a bunch of white collar professionals. Outdoor seating in summer.

• Visited September 2011
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great sandwiches and good music”
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Good food and great music and atmosphere for the Seattle hipster types.

• Visited August 2011