“Sandwiches to go” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #717 of 4,059 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Healthy
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Sandwiches to go”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

Stopped in Smarty Pants to grab a sandwich for later. Fresh ingredients made to order. Quick and friendly service. Myself and others had 4 different types of sandwiches and everyone was pleased.

Visited January 2013

Kent, Washington
“Very Cool and Low Key”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

I love this place thanks to my cousin Mark who first turned me on to it! The staff are great and the food is excellent! The Monte Cristo sandwich is by far the best I have ever eaten...... PERIOD! I also enjoy their Bloody Mary's and ice cold Manny's! I will be back!

• Visited October 2012
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Best Place in Seattle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

If you have not been to Smarty Pants you need to go now. This place has a great menu, great staff, great vibe, and great times! I frequent Smarty Pants whenever I'm in the Georgetown area. Get the Taco Salad or Italian Beef!!!

• Visited October 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Great sandwiches - an unexpected surprise.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

Yes, I read other reviews before seeking out this Georgetown location- all of which were glowing reports of the food. But really - how great can a sandwich be???
Turns out...pretty great! Three of us ordered different sandwiches which thankfully were huge, allowing for generous sharing. This place will be at the top of the list for another lunchtime visit. Miss Piggy and the Rueben are highly reccomended. Just writing this makes me want to go back but since I have returned to the East Coast I will have to wait for my next trip to Seattle.

Victoria, Canada
“Friendly pub fare with a biker theme”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

We were staying in the Georgetown area and looking for a late night snack after traveling. It was past eleven and the locals directed us to Smarty Pants as their kitchen was open till midnight. Smarty pants is a kind of a dive-y biker bar... but a friendly one. There are vintage motorcycles above the door, pictures of bikes on the walls and TV screens showing the history of the motorcycle. Many lovely bikes parked in front. Inside the staff and other patrons were very helpful and amiable. It was kind of like entering the set of "Cheers." We were delighted to see a 'happy hour' menu offered from ten-midnight, featuring inexpensive (and delicious) wine and some tasty pub fare, nachos, quesadillas, and a sandwich sampler plate. Smarty pants is known for it's sandwiches I guess. Our first evening we ordered chicken quesadillas, which were very inexpensive and so we assumed that it was a small portion and ordered one each, Wrong... full size yummy quesadilla, just right after a long car trip. My only complaint is that there was too much cheese! I took half the order home. The next evening we found ourselves not eating until after an evening event had concluded. We searched everywhere in the Columbia district for a kitchen that was open, and finding none we hi-tailed it back to Smarty Pants. We got there within five minutes of the kitchen closing hour, but the staff were very happy to serve us and the owner walked over to offer some suggestions. This time we ate off the regular menu, trying the well-loved sandwiches. I forget the name of the one I ordered - a spicy chicken sandwich with pickled vegetables included. The owner had recommended it and said it wasn't even on the menu. It was tasty... and once again more than I could eat (at that hour). I ordered it with cole slaw which I also enjoyed. For the value-minded diner, the happy hour menu cannot be beat... it is offered both early evening and late at night.

• Visited March 2012