“Don't go there!”

Wann Japanese Izakaya
Reserve with OpenTable
Wann Japanese Izakaya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #504 of 4,217 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Belltown
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

When I was at the door, the waiter made me waited for 5 minutes when there were only a few people. I ordered salmon kama, it was obviously reheated and burnt on the back of the fish. The floor is dirty and looks like no one has been cleaning the floor at all. The food is not authentic, it's just disgusting, I have no idea how the hell this place gets 4 star review.

1  Thank Nick L

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We went to Wann for Happy Hourbecause I read that they offered fried brie cheese. I love brie cheese.

They boasted an extensive Happy Hour menu with sushi, sashimi, appetizers, soups and small plates selections. We were a bit overwhelmed, I wanted to try everything.

The waitress was really friendly and offered suggestions for drinks and appetizers for us.

When we initially arrived, we were the only one in the bar area but it soon got busier.

My husband and I shared a bunch of different plates.

The kalbi short ribs were juicy and tender and cooked perfect,

The fried calamari salad was different but tasty. I liked the sweet chili sauce.

I liked the sesame oil dressing on the raw salmon poke, it was delicious.

I've never had takoyaki before but the ball shaped flour snack was great with just the right amount of minced octopus inside.

The sweet potato korrokke was a fried panko crust sweet potato with sesame seeds. It was good.

The star of it all, the fried brie was definitely worth the trip. It was coated in a tempura batter and served with a raspberry sauce.

With the happy hour drink and plate specials, we made out like bandits for a nice date night.

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

After a day of shopping we stopped in tired and hungry. The food was fresh, presented nicely and very tasty.

We had come in on a night they had a large group so service was slow but to their credit, they acknowledged it and apologized. I felt ho hum despite the good food because waiting really took away from the experience for me.

Atmosphere is soothing up in a booth in the dining section.

Location is midway between Pike Place and Macy's shopping area. Was not hard to find on foot.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I've been to a lot of Japaneese restaurants and this one was pretty similar to those I'd been too before. I'm from the Southeast so maybe I was expecting something a bit more authentic or something on the west coast, but either way it was pretty good. I had the ramen, it was ok. The location was awesome. Just a few blocks from the ocean.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Great rolls and decent drinks. Nice ambiance. Our server was wonderful. Will definitely return if in the area

1  Thank HoopsAndHeels