“Exceptional in all ways” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chambered Nautilus Bed and Breakfast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seattle
Chambered Nautilus Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #13 of 29 Seattle B&B and Inns
Fishers, Indiana
“Exceptional in all ways”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

My family just spent a week at Chambered Nautilus and would recommend it anyone. We have family without kids close by and didn't want to overwhelm them with our family of 4 so we decided,to find our own spot. This turned out perfectly. We were in a separate house (#1) without anyone below us so we didn't have to worry about our kids being 'stompy' as you sometimes worry about at B and Bs. The accommodations were lovely, food fantastic, distance to city and ferries easy, staff kind and attentive. Although we had our kids, I would return without them for a romantic trip away. Our kids were the only kids there and they aren't babies anymore so hopefully they didn't detract from others peaceful stay. We looked forward to breakfast every morning. The perfect combination of sweet and savory. Thanks, Joyce, Crystal, Ray, and the chef!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

My husband and I were in Seattle visiting our daughter. She lives in Green Lake so the location of this inn, which is in the university district, was very convenient. When we arrived after a very long drive, we were greeted warmly by Joyce, the innkeeper. Our room, the Scallop Chamber, was very large and comfortable. I would call it rustic with antique furniture and wooden floors. It has an outside porch area, however, it was too cold outside for us to take advantage of it. Next time we stay here, I would choose one of the other rooms as they looked cozier.

I should point out that the parking could be difficult because of the proximity to university housing. However, guests are given a permit. Also, guests must be able to walk up steep stairs.

The highlight was the dailly breakfast. The guests can choose either an 8 or 9:00 seating. We were there for 3 breakfasts and every one was different, healthy, delicious, and attractively prepared. We had to leave early on our final day and Joyce offered to serve us at 7:30.

Our stay at the Chambered Nautilus was relaxing and comfortable and Joyce and her staff were friendly and accommodating. We will return.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emilyaltaloma
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012 via mobile

The Chambered Nautilus felt like home for me. I felt comfortable and welcome to wander around, with a cup of coffee in my hand and hang out by the fire. The bed in our second floor room, the Sunrise room, was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in.....including my own at home! Breakfast for this foodie was delicious. We enjoyed a delicious northwestern style Eggs Benedict with delightful sides, and just-right pumpkin pancakes the next day. Both days we had fresh fruit and the most delicious orange juice. Innkeeper, Joyce, is more than adept at making one feel instantly at home and ready to assist in any way. My sister lives in Seattle, and I would not hesitate to stay here again next time I visit!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TeachingCA
Hoboken, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

My husband and I loved staying at the Chambered Nautilus. It was a beautiful house on a pretty wooded hill, our room (the Scallop Chamber) was amazing, and the staff made a heck of a breakfast! We met some lovely couples who couldn't have been nicer (if you ever read this, thanks Tammy & Justin for the Mocha!) We loved sitting outside on our private porch, but also in the garden area with the cute pig bench! The B&B was great (one of my favorites ever) and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Scallop Chamber on the 3rd Floor. It was probably 50 steps upstairs, and the B&...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LunaCali
Sammamish, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

All the staff were very friendly; the breakfasts were yummy and accomodating of our dietary requirements; excellent location near UW; walking distance to University Village; would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BLH164
Minneapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

May 28, 2012
Seattle is always nice and therefore the sorroundings and gardens of the Chambered Nautilus B&B Inn are. Joyce helped us to bring our luggage uphill. We read a couple of reviews before going therefore we knew it was uphill (lots of steps plus one flight to our bedroom) and that it was located in the U District. The surprise was the quality of the Chambered Rose room. It did not have a closet, there was a locked armour just for display. Another surprise was to hear after using the shower that the bathroom was built where the closets were before. It made sense because, although in good shape, each of us felt claustrophobic and secluded in a very small shower. You can have an old house with antiques but not old broken furniture, I tried to keep a night light in a drawer and I was surprised to have the piece of wood loose and hanging from my hand. The stairs are very noisy, we were awaken at 4:30 am when a guest was leaving and then at about 7:30 am. About the Internet service, it did not exist in our room. It was very slow and we could not use SKYPE to contact our relatives. The parking situation is a tossed up, first come first serve in a busy university district. We almost did not find any the night of Memorial Day which was a holiday, we are wondering how it might be in a regular day when classes are in full.
About breakfast, Joyce was nice to serve me good toasts instead of their breakfast. I am used to eat a couple of toasts with jam and drink tea. But I must say that she surprised the group we were having breakfast with.
We were engaged in nice conversations, and Joyce interrupted about 3 or 4 times telling us stories when she traveled to NY, etc. It was disruptive and not polite at all.
This was our first time in a B and B and we are wondering if all hosts do the same. People who has more experience can tell us.
The room was clean, no air conditioning, we were wondering how it would be a sticky day.
Our room was nicely staged but not practical, the decorative pillows had to be used to sleep because there were two flat pillows for both of us.
I think the house is nice and Joyce is nice, paying more attention to detail and listening not only to the positive reviews will make a wonderful place to stay. For us it is now a beautiful house to visit (the main area is beautiful) but not to sleep. It needs to update for people like us who have busy lives, are in our 60's and want to have a relaxing experience.

Room Tip: I think the name of the room is Chamber Rose, it is on the first flight of stairs and in the south e...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BuenosAiresGal
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

My wife & I stayed here for 3 nights as part of our Wedding Anniversary vacation -- we love it. The house is beautiful & the room we stayed in, the Sunrise Chamber, is quite lovely. We are huge fans of the breakfasts as well. The staff & service are exceptional, for example: In the online reservation form they ask if there are any foods that you cannot eat, we noted that my wife does not eat beef or fish -- a staff member verified this with us at check-in w/o prompting. All of the staff members knew where we were from too. They actually pay attention to those things. It may not sound like much, but we've stayed at a lot of different places & none have ever showed that kind of attention before.
Just a note, we were a little concerned about parking at the inn as it is on a street shared with apartments & such, but we never encountered problems -- there was always a space available near the inn.
We highly recommend this place!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple