“great alternative in a great part of Seattle”
Review of Chelsea Station

Chelsea Station
Ranked #2 of 28 Seattle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I work in Seattle several weeks a year and am quite happy to have found Chelsea Station. The location is excellent, I'm in my mid fifties and not in such great shape but found it easy to walk to some of the best neighborhoods in Seattle--neighborhoods where it is frequently difficult or impossible to park. For those that know Seattle, Chelsea Station is pretty much equidistant from Upper Fremont, Wallingford and Phinney Ridge. Green Lake, is also not a terribly long walk. Also a great location for driving since it is about the first place where you can get on and off Aurora where you want. I found parking to be a breeze and was able to park in front of the inn almost every night. As other's have mentioned, the accommodations are very nice, the pictures don't really capture the big bedroom windows which I thought was a big plus. I'd have to say the well stocked pantry is a downside, I'm afraid that the Hagen daas ice cream bars, nice chocolate and extensive drink selection put several pounds on me. Another thing that was really nice for me was the espresso machine in the kitchen.

The only down sides, I really wish there had been a desk in the living room. Since I'm on business, I really could have used the place to spread my work out. Also, if you're looking for a place to socialize, this isn't it. But I socialize all day at work and in the evenings I really just want someplace quiet to unwind. Chelsea Station is ideal for that.

Room Tip: I suspect first floor rooms could be a bit noisy if the inn is full. I had a second floor room and...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Chelsea Station

Reviewed 5 December 2013

WOW is the word. We had a wonderful and relaxing stay for my husband's birthday trip. The inn is beautiful, spacious and kept wonderfully full of delightful treats! Every morning we had exquisite breakfasts brought to our door and every afternoon after a day of exploring, we had a cozy place to rest our weary feet and enjoy the wine and goodies. We had an "oops" moment with our reservation and Marina made sure all worked out smoothly! They even put a bottle of champagne on the table for the birthday celebration! Comfortable, classy, relaxing and thoughtful are all words to describe this elegant b & b. We loved not having to pack our robes! Lots of places to explore near the inn and the bus stop to downtown is only a block away. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room #1 was fabulous!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Honestly, I could not have thought of a single thing these inn-keepers could have done differently or better. We're particular about the places we stay and this property was spot on. Spacious, well designed, nice decor, comfortable, hospitable (great, but non intrusive service), wonderful breakfasts and on and on. If you want to be in the thick of things, well, this place isn't, but it's in a very walkable, nice area and you can walk a mile or so into the University District, a shorter hike up to Green Lake, go to the Zoo a block away and really enjoy the neighborhood feel of Seattle. Kudos to the owners for thinking of everything and then some. If I was forced to find a downside, it's simply that the bed is queen sized vs. king, if that's important to a traveler.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I have stayed in quite a few B&B type places over the years and found Chelsea Station to be among the very best. The accommodations are fantastic of course, with a spacious living room area, perfect dining table for two, elegant bathroom and comfortable bed. But the real differentiator was the incredibly thoughtful way that the innkeepers go about serving their guests.

Upon arrival, I knew something different was going on when we found our room assignment in a hand written note on the front door. Email instructions sent prior gave us the access code for entry so we just walked right in without having any arduous check in process. As we went upstairs to the suite, the door was open, the lights were on and soft music was playing. Our keys were sitting on the table next to a custom breakfast order sheet that you turn in downstairs to a small box. Being able to just walk in like we lived there was so relaxing and comfortable that I was immediately at ease.

We had specified a gluten free diet in our reservation and I had not thought much of it, figuring that the breakfast options would be modified. We were surprised and delighted to find fresh baked gluten free cookies waiting for us upon arrival and other GF snacks in the kitchen. This polite and thoughtful gesture was so unexpected that we both knew we had come to the right place.

Every morning, breakfast was served to our suite exactly when we specified and our dietary requests honored without compromising any kind of food quality! Quite frankly, the breakfast was amazing. Even though we didn’t note it on our card, the innkeepers would bring up a pot of French press coffee, just in case we wanted one. Again, really showing their thoughtful and genuine nature.

This place invokes a sense of calm that is extremely pleasant. From the wine service downstairs to the spacious and private rooms, there is simply no better place to spend time in the Seattle area.

Tips:

The innkeepers communicate via email very professionally and provide important information through that method, so being able to check your email on the go is a must.

The building is a classic piece of local architecture, and has apparently been completely remodeled, but the floors did squeak quite a bit and I felt bad for those on the bottom floor. As a result, I would recommend a top floor suite (#3 or #4).

While the innkeepers thoughtfully provide snacks and wine in the pantry, there are no upscale dining options within walking distance. Local menus are provided in the suite, however, so you can plan accordingly.

There are two parking spaces available for guests, but four suites. Street parking can be a bit tight sometimes so it pays to get there a bit early if possible.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I don't even know where to start my praise of this wonderful Inn! The comfortable and tasteful decor with huge closets and a beautiful bathroom? The half bath was very convenient. Super comfy everything from the towels and robes to the linens on the bed. With only 4 guest suites you will be pampered. Suites? More like luxury apartments. Heaven.
Cookies and chocolates were on our dining room table upon our arrival with soft jazz and NPR tuned in on our stereo. We felt like we just came home and should kick our shoes off, grab a drink from the fridge with some cheese and crackers and flop on the couch in the living room to catch the game.
We stayed 11/11-11/13/13 and we didn't want to leave to go back home to NC. Was it because of Seattle or the Inn? We weren't sure...
Breakfast (pick your size!) was fantastic and they made every effort to cater to our whims -Earl Grey? Decaf French Press? No eggs but toast and a bit of yogurt? Done. The stocked pantry downstairs was awesome. Lots of nibbles! We liked the convenience of our kitchen. Sometimes you just want a cup of tea in your pajamas at 11pm. Just like home. Laurie, our host, was attentive, friendly and so helpful. We felt like we were staying with old friends.
The Inn is very convenient to the bus and even though we rented a car we never had need for it since the bus went right into town. We enjoyed our Seattle trip and one of the best parts was coming home to our apartment each night. The neighborhood is charming. We are so glad we did not stay in the city.
So the short of it: you simply must stay here when you come to Seattle.

Room Tip: All 4 apartments are nearly identical. 2 up and 2 down.
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I'm usually never sad to leave a hotel, but I was to say goodbye to my chic, comfortable, private, immaculate and peaceful suite at the Chelsea. I traveled to Seattle on business to meet with a small group - we rented out the entire inn. Nothing but fantastic things to say about this oasis!

Room Tip: With only 4 suites the inn is very intimate.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My husband and I spent two nights at the Chelsea Inn last weekend and we could not have asked for more. From fine architectural details to the luxurious linens on the bed, and the amazing shower, each luxury lets you know you are staying in an inn that finds quality and detail very important. From the moment we opened the door to soft music playing and freshly baked cookies on the dining table, we fell in love! We stayed in suite #2 just upstairs from the inn keeper’s kitchen where we found chilled white wine, a bottle of red, and a pantry and refrigerator stocked full of complimentary snacks. What a treat! The breakfast included in our stay was delicious, beautifully presented and I really appreciated the convenience of it being delivered to my door so I could enjoy breakfast in my pajamas. The inn was quiet and the perfect place for us to relax, watch a movie, shop downtown Seattle, visit our son at SPU, and catch the Ballard Farmer’s Market. I can't wait to return and would highly recommend it to anyone who has a high standard of excellence, quality and service! Thanks for the wonderful stay!!

Room Tip: Ground level suites 1 & 2, great access. Upstairs suites 3 & 4, no footstep noise from above...
1  Thank ksimmons