“Thanks for great beer, food and memories”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Sycamore, Illinois
“Thanks for great beer, food and memories”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

When our grandson was at Children's Hospital in Seattle, my husband and I stumbled on this neighborhood pub on our walk back from the hospital to where we were staying. As it turned out, we spent most of our eating out nights back at this pub. The staff was most friendly, gracious and caring. Then came the outstanding beers. With 18 beers on tap, one can't go wrong. The food was not your typical pub food (although the burger was really good). The foods were delicious Mediterranean meals. There was also a featured special each night, which I usually ordered because it sounded yummy but unusual. I was NEVER disappointed with either the specials or the regular foods off the menu. If you want a light snack, the appetizers of pita and dips are terrific. If you are in the Ravenna neighborhood of Seattle, this is a MUST place to stop. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

• Visited April 2014

Seattle, Washington
“Cozy place, great food/service/beer”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Been here many times, we go about once a month. We love this place on a rainy weekend afternoon or a cold winter evening. The place is warm and cozy with lots of wood. The music is perfect background for conversing or reading.

Great beer selection. Wonderful food from the cafe upstairs, everything on the menu is good.

Service is always prompt and low key.

The place is family friendly, although I wish people would keep their kids upstairs at the main restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
Miami FL
“Fun family place”
Reviewed 3 August 2010

A real neighborhood pub, but better food than the faux-English kind of place. The pub menu is a limited version of the Vios restaurant upstairs, but has kid-friendly items as well as delicious salads--I loved the heirloom tomato salad for a light dinner.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good gourmet pub food, lots of good beer. Game- and group-friendly.”
Reviewed 24 January 2008

Good gourmet pub food, lots of good beer. Game- and group-friendly.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Seattle
“Will not be back.”
Reviewed 23 January 2008

One very rude staff member. We won't be back.

Long story short:
If you are looking for a pub to hang out with friends and relax there are MUCH better places in the neighborhood than this.

The rest of the story:
My friend and I were treated to some of the rudest and most inappropriate behavior I've ever witnessed from a employee-representative of any establishment.

We are studying to update our credentials in our profession and wanted to take it out of the doldrums of the house and enjoy some dinner and drinks while studying once or twice a week. Since we both live in the area we decided to check out "The Pub at Third Place". On our first visit we found a quiet corner, ordered dinner and drinks and got to some animated studying/socializing. A couple more drinks and some dessert later we called it a night. The young staff that took care of us were friendly and fast with service. Thank you guys!

All that changed on our second visit, complements of one rude older bartender.

The other night we met at the bar again. My friend arrived ahead of me and settled in to study and have a cola to boost his caffeine levels. When I arrived I needed a minute to ease off the day, so I asked for a water with lemon and settled in to decide what I was going to have for dinner and drinks. A young male staff member brought the water; my buddy and I decided to order some nachos to start things off. We'd figure out drinks after we'd had a bite to eat. Before the nachos came an older male staff member walked over to our table and let us know that since we were not drinking we wouldn't be welcome to stay once the place started getting full. Say what??? It didn't stop at just one sentence; the old man blathered on for a couple minutes about the management wanting people in there who were coming to drink. I guess he didn't see the $60+ dollars we'd left there the other night and made some ignorant assumption that within 10 minutes of arriving we were done ordering. Honestly, I was wondering how far my jaw was going to drop; behavior like that is just hard to believe and almost impossible to respond to. Most importantly, snotty and rude service is not the way we do business around the Pacific Northwest. I understand how a small business operates, I'm an entrepreneur myself. Above and beyond the services you provide you learn that your success or failure depends on the good will and relationships you have with your customers. The rest of the nights plans were over. My friend was so angry he had to bite his tongue so he wouldn't get venomous with the ignorant old man and ruin other folks evening. We left shortly after and will not be back. Our friends and family are all getting a heads-up to avoid this place.

This place is rated "kid friendly"...Honestly, it's hit or miss on even being adult friendly.