“Best coffee and best staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Stumptown Coffee

Stumptown Coffee
Ranked #39 of 273 Coffee & Tea in Seattle
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Seating
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Sawyer, Michigan, United States
“Best coffee and best staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stumptown Coffee Roasters is what I miss so much about Portland and Seattle. I wish I could go back every day. This particular location was especially great due to the service which was impeccable. I don't know what the kind girl's name was, but she came from behind the counter to approach my wife and I in order to talk about what type of coffees we might most enjoy. It was a slower time of the day, but she remained with us to talk through some different offering we may enjoy even when customers approached the counter. She simply turned to her co-worker and asked him to take the order.

After a few minutes, we made our decision and she invited us to the coffee cuppings that go on weekly at the location which are free to the public. She then made us a cup of coffee which was to die for, of course. I already knew I loved their coffee, but I like Stumptown even more now that I know their staff is so courteous, but also informed on each of the direct trade offerings.

Of course I would go back very soon (every day, in fact), but instead I must simply long for a return trip to the place!

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Seattle, Washington
“cool decor and craft coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

The space on Capitol Hill (where Seattle Roasting is located) is right by the East edge of Seattle U. sharing a block with favorites Cafe Presse, Lark, Canon and Von Trapps. It has a modern almost minimalist feel. Coffee is precisely roasted and expertly prepared. Great place to hang out.

Visited January 2013
North Little Rock, Arkansas
“My favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

Our anniversary trip included a "coffee crawl" of sorts, with Stumptown being on my list of must see spots. It ended up being my favorite. Roasted on site, this is the real deal. If you are a serious coffee lover, you will not be disappointed. Brought home a bag of Hair Bender Espresso Blend as a souvenir. My only disappointment was that they do not sell the espresso cups.

• Visited September 2012
Auckland
“Very good coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

Coffee rating 7.5/10, this is run by genuinely passionate baristas and their coffee is extremely good, the flavour, roasting, the crema, it is good coffee & is reasonably priced. Tried their brioche which was also quite good.

• Visited September 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Tasty cookies, refreshing drinks!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

My friends and I had the cookies (the oatmeal raisin was yummy!) and I had a raspberry Italian soda while my friends had the coffee and they raved about the coffee. It's strong coffee, so be prepared! Service was good, and the atmosphere of the shop was chill.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Iammultilingual6

Been to Stumptown Coffee? Share your experiences!