“Awesome but slow”

Ranked #39 of 306 Coffee & Tea in Seattle
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Fantastic coffee, but be ready for a very long wait. The coffee, particularly the iced coffee is incredible, as befits the premium price. However, the line is always long and people placing ridiculous orders, slow baristas, and people who need to swap 15 minute stories with their best friend baristas mean you may be waiting a while.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I always find a way to stop by Stumptown when I'm in Seattle! Friendly service and an incredible product! Without a doubt the best coffee in Seattle!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Take a look at my profile. How many five star ratings do I give? (I have never understood the eagerness with which many people bestow five stars for a merely pleasant experience.)

But Stumptown deserves the maximum rating because their coffee is excellent. Yes, it's an "import" from Portland, but Stumptown is one of my four or five favorite espresso roasters worldwide.

I dropped by in early May during a visit to Seattle and got a wonderful cappuccino, with perfect foam and the usual subtle, rewarding blend of flavors that sets Stumptown espresso apart. And the bonus was a barista who was a genuinely nice guy!

The interior of the place is a bit cold and not as inviting as it could be, but you'll love the coffee. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Had coffee here after our tour of Seattle University with our son. The coffee was excellent. However, there was nowhere to sit because all of the tables were taken by other customers on their computers.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stumptown Coffee Roasters is what I miss so much about Portland and Seattle. I wish I could go back every day. This particular location was especially great due to the service which was impeccable. I don't know what the kind girl's name was, but she came from behind the counter to approach my wife and I in order to talk about what type of coffees we might most enjoy. It was a slower time of the day, but she remained with us to talk through some different offering we may enjoy even when customers approached the counter. She simply turned to her co-worker and asked him to take the order.

After a few minutes, we made our decision and she invited us to the coffee cuppings that go on weekly at the location which are free to the public. She then made us a cup of coffee which was to die for, of course. I already knew I loved their coffee, but I like Stumptown even more now that I know their staff is so courteous, but also informed on each of the direct trade offerings.

Of course I would go back very soon (every day, in fact), but instead I must simply long for a return trip to the place!