“Flavors exploded in my mouth!”

Perche No Pasta & Vino
Ranked #802 of 4,216 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lake Union
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This Italian restaurant presents their signature Malaysian fare monthly. The set menu served thus evening included chicken skewers with the most mouth watering peanut sauce, followed by the most unusual tea broth served with shitake mushrooms and a pork rib flavored with five spice and other Asian secret flavors. The entrée was a magnificent and tantalizing! The prawns, perfectly prepared in a the most scrumptious garlic sauce (I had to order an extra bowl of rice to finish it!) and eggplant cooked with belachan (Malaysian shrimp paste that gives the dish its WOW factor). All dishes were spiked with just enough chilis to give it the right amount of "kick." I haven't tasted such wonderful flavors since my days working and living in Asia! I will return to try his Italian menu! The inattentive and non-responsive waiter was the only reason I didn't give them the 5th star. Both the chef and hostess (owners) are so extremely personable I'll overlook their inadequate staff and plan tor return! Reservations for Malaysian night is a must!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

This is my favorite Italian restaurants in Seattle. I admire David and Lily for their passion to serve the community wholesome quality Italian style food. They even shut down the restaurant for a few weeks to go to Italy once a year to learn new ideas and techniques.

The restaurant is 2 stories with indoor and outdoor seating. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming. They have an excellent wine selection and an exciting menu. Don't hesitate to ask for recommendations. They also have seasonal specials. The fresh king crab season (March-April) is my favorite. For those of you that are gluten intolerant, they also serve gluten free pasta.

My favorites : Yak Prosciutto, Spagetti Neri con Sardine, Ravioli Portobello, Stinco di Vitello (braised lamb shank), King crab, ... the list can go on!

It's such a delightful experience to have a few close family members or friends for a sit down family style dinner at Perche No. You set a price bracket and they can formulate a menu for you.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

The experience, started with Lily meeting us at the door. She made us feel at home while we waited for the rest of our party. The Italian red flight was wonderful. Four different and interesting reds. When our the rest of our party was seated Lily came by and asked if we wanted her to order for us. Great idea! However be prepared for an actual Italian family restaurant meal. Dinner took three hours.
The restaurant reminds me of a great Tuscan estate. After the meal Lily came by and said we needed to go for a walk. She took us for a tour of the restaurant. Showing all the private rooms that were available. We ended the tour on the roof deck where Lily took a picture of group. We returned to our table for desert. The tour had renewed our appetite. Lily even presented us two copies of the photo before we departed. Our best dining experience of the year.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Pricey on top of less than mediocre. Maybe we went on a bad night but Arrabiato sauce tasted canned, thick with SLICED sausage. Pasta was overdone ( Gemmeli, for pete's sake, thick and hard to overcook), my portion of pasta served with my main course had been sitting in a strainer for some time, flat and also overcooked. The salad was absolutely disgusting...too much vinegar and salt, greens were tough and had been boiled, should have been lightly braised with younger greens.The whole thing was garnished with...are you ready for this, MINT sprigs!!!! The owner stopped to chat but that hardly made up for the nightmare of a meal. With all the good Italian restaurants located nearby I am not sure how they manage to stay in business. I have never had to write such a negative review and I am not over stating here!

1  Thank Gr8DishDiva
Reviewed 23 May 2013

As part of a Mothers Day present 4 of us attended cooking class taught by chef David. We made pasta from scratch,Polenta with Bolognese sauce and Fettuccine alla Perche No (prawns). David and his lovely wife and partner made us feel like family in his kitchen. I almost hate even giving this tip out because I want to go to all upcoming events and selfishly I don't want to be on a waiting list! This was a hands on experience when so many cooking classes are not. His humorous delivery really engages you and he explains the history of the dish as well. Then yes! we got to sit down and eat our dish while enjoying a glass of wine! Really really a fun day! Thank you!