“Sublime tapas”

Ranked #1,140 of 4,217 Restaurants in Seattle
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Ballard
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Their Spanish tapas are sublime. They are ok with customers only buying food (you don’t have to be a boozer to savor their small plates) but you must be at least 21.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

This place is cozy and has a great atmosphere for a date or a small group. It's small and a bit crowded and can be hard to get a table at a busy time, but the drinks are all very good. We've been here a few times and have never been disappointed with food or drinks, but sometimes there's a bit of a wait and the service is a little hit or miss. A few of the dishes seem to be overpriced and the portions are small, but all in all it's worth stopping by.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Excellent tapas here! My sister ordered an amazing dish with a chestnut and pancetta. We also had the spanish tortilla. All very good and nice happy hour for a Friday night.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

A lot of tapas restaurants make the mistake of creating an ambience that's too Spanish: Flamenco music, gaudy art from Spain, the mandotory flag of Spain, etc. I once went to a tapas place in Barcelona away from the tourist spots. It was a small, a little hole-in-the-wallish, and no piped-in music. Instead, a street musician with a guitar played American rock classics outside the restaurant. But this place had great food.

That's what Ocho reminds me of everytime I go. The space is tiny and crowded with no visible decor to let you know you've just walked into a tapas bar. The first time I went, Tom Petty was the background music. And the food is delicious and very-well priced as tapas go. We tried 8-10 dishes, drank beer and sangria, and the bill was less than $40. And our bellies were full.

Ocho is across the street from La Isla (Puerto Rican) and down the street from Minotaur (Mexican). I call this area the Ballard's Latin triangle of restuarants (I'm purposely ignoring the chain restuarant Azteca next to Ocho).

Reviewed 8 January 2012

Love this place. We've lived in the neighborhood for 4 years and go here almost monthly. It's easy to pass by, their sign is hardly visible. It's a tiny corner restaurant with great ambience, great assortment of tapas, friendly barstaff, and good drinks. There is some outdoor seating but I don't see it used very often. it's a busy corner to be out on the sidewalk. I like their taste in music although at times it gets a bit loud (makes me feel old to say that, but in a small space full of customers the sound and energy is already big)

My favorite--curry mushroom toast, croquetas borrachas, seared peppers, and scallops. Their white sangria is nice, too.

Been to Ocho? Share your experiences!