“Went to Verve tonight for dinner and had the pate of rabbit, cherry, and black fig; the duck confit; and the pear, fig...”
Review of Verve Wine Bar & Cellar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Verve Wine Bar & Cellar
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Reviewed 14 February 2008

Went to Verve tonight for dinner and had the pate of rabbit, cherry, and black fig; the duck confit; and the pear, fig and blue cheese tart.
The pate was very good and came with crostini. I would have like it to be a tiny bit smoother/softer, but otherwise I was very impressed.
The duck confit was okay. It wasn't very meaty, and though it was cooked well, I felt it could have been seasoned more. The most disappointing fact was that it came on a bed of very dry mescaline greens (no sauce, no dressing, just dry salad).
The dessert was forgettable.
I considered giving this place 3 stars instead of 4, but I think it has promise and I'd like to go back and try some other menu choices.