“Great fish”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2014

L'Amarette in Port Camargue is in a little bit of a back water near a run down shopping mall, but has a great view of the sea. It is a very large restaurant and therefore can seem empty if you go out of season or early in the evening. Don't be put off. We had oysters - fresh and excellent, pan fried foie gras - generous and excellent, grilled turbot - presented to me pre cooking, fresh and excellent, sweetbread very good. We were exceedingly impressed by the quality of the food and its preparation. Staff pleasant and helpful. I would definitely come here again. Highly recommended. 26 on my scale (see previous reviews)

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We enjoyed a delicious lunch with a beautifull seaview. As a starter we had choosen their fishsoup with croutons, ailloli and grated cheese. As the main course they showed us the fresh catch of the day and we had a grilled turbot and seawolf. Very well grilled, the meat juicy and not overcooked at all. De-boned and served on a small side table. I recommend this restaurant without any doubt. We have eaten here already several times and the high level of the chef has never failed us.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

We are used to this restaurant since several years and alway come back.
The ambientand external seeting is good, but stay inside in the evenings for the mosquito's or be prepared with repelent.
The food has been and still is very good, but we are missing the excelent "desert" tray, which was removed from the menu in 2011.
But it still is a fantastic restauarant with an excellent "chef".

Reviewed 26 September 2012

The menu is wide, based on fish but not exclusively so. Everything I have eaten at the restaurant has been a delight, but I always come back to the Huitres chaudes [hot oysters with cheese and tarragon] just amazing. And then the turbot, cooked to perfection, simple to balance the excesses of the starter. The views over Port Camargue are wonderful, and all seats usually have the panorama. The breeze from the sea is lovely. The loos are amazing [even our grandchildren were impressed], the childrens' menu is uncompromising quality, much loved by ours. They are so nice, regognise us from year to year for our annual visit. Wine list good, advice from sommelier good if you want local wines. I regret the disappearance of the pudding trolley; now you have to choose 1 dessert. We no longer eat cheese here as the selection is not to our taste and it adds considerably to the bill

Reviewed 31 March 2012

A friend of mine invited me to this restaurant because cooking was great and location charming.He was right. Food and ambience didn't disappoint me at all. On the contrary, I fell in love with both them.
Dishes were beautiful and tasty, Port Camargue's panorama from our table was great.
Prices were high but cooking is worth trying anyway.
Warmly suggested! Enjoy it!