All reviews rooms are basic sight seeing the river chef auberge terrace hospitality hiking pyrenees french
Reviewed 10 September 2017

This was a welcome break on a two week hiking trip through the Pyrenees. The staff are very helpful - I was about 6 hours early as the weather was bad but they made up my room as early as possible and let me sit on the terrace while I waited. The food is fantastic, especially the fresh breakfast. The rooms are clean and comfortable and there is a beautiful little garden right by the river guests can use. It may need a coat of paint and a few repairs in places but overall a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

We flew from Las Vegas to join our daughter, her husband and 2 grandsons (15 and 12) in Barcelona to travel to the French Pyrenees for Easter Holiday. Our daughter had chosen this hotel from it high reviews. It did not disappoint!! We were made to feel at home the moment we were met at the door. The warmth and hospitality is wonderful. We ate all 3 dinners there. The prix fixe dinners were fabulous. (We tried a different one each night) Our grandsons were very happy with the menu for children....and their deserts!! The breakfast couldn't have been better: warm freshly baked croissants (no one can do them better than the French) fresh squeezed orange juice and great coffee. The sight seeing suggestions were very worthwhile and we enjoyed the hiking, history, whitewater rafting and beauty. We were sad to leave after 3 days. We will definitely return if given the opportunity!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2016

We spent 4 nights here while walking and generally exploring the area and strongly recommend the Auberge as a place both to stay and to eat. The owners, Robert and Philip couldn’t have been more welcoming or helpful. They both work incredibly hard but would always find time to deal with queries, suggest places to walk or visit or just to chat. We ate in every evening and found all the food excellent and a wide range of wines and beers. Breakfast was also very good. The atmosphere was very relaxed. Our dog was made as welcome as were were and she enjoyed making friends with the resident dogs. Our bedroom was fairly basic, but clean and adequately furnished, and it was lovely to fall asleep to the sound of the river right outside the window.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2016

We had a lovely week in the Pyrenees and stayed at the auberge with my young family, my parents and my aunt. My parents were returning after an enjoyable stay the previous year with my sister and her family.
The location is fantastic - right on the river and great for skimming stones. The terrace was fantastic for those sunny yet chilly mornings and afternoons. The food in the restaurant was great even though there is a vast choice (which seemed unnecessary for the simple acommodation style). The rooms are basic so don't expect too much.
The hosts were excellent and were exceptionally accomodating with our daughters and their mealtimes. Thank you very much - it was a great base to further explore the stunning surroundings.

Room Tip: For families the best room is on the first floor at the end of the corridor.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2016

The service was relaxed yet professional. The food was very well presented, and delicious. The menus are intersting and very reasonably priced and the chef came to talk to us personally about his cuisine.I live locally and am pleased to find the new owners are fulfilling the potential of the beautiful setting next to the river.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends