“Great place to stay!”

Bent Prop Inn & Hostel of Alaska
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed here and it was a great place to stay at. If I had any problems or needed anything taken care of, it was done right away. I can not put in words how great it was staying here. Do not let the looks fool you from the neighborhood. The building is older but well maintained, and the inside is very clean. It was an awesome stay and I will stay here again in the future when I need a place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank tlhall91

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I showed up unannounced at 6AM at the midtown location, and got a bed and great service from the owner despite possibly waking him up (sorry if I did!). The building itself was a little old, but the rooms were very spacious and kept very clean. The owner is probably the most hospitable person you could ever meet - anything I needed or asked for was dealt with extremely quickly and without any fuss, he could recommend places to go and eat in Anchorage, and happily dropped me at the airport when it was time to leave.

It's a reasonable walk into the centre of the city (not that I had any problem with that), but there are buses that take you straight there on the next street as well.

I certainly want to return to Alaska in the future, and if I stay in Anchorage, it'll certainly be here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank redstripe_87
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I am a "Traveling Chef" and I've worked all parts of the world, and I'm on my way to work the North Slope of Alaska. I am very thrifty about the way I spend my money on places to stay! This Hostel is one of the best that I have seen. A little bit of an older building, but extremely clean. There are security cameras, and they put you In a full size apartment with kitchen, and only 2 roomies to share with. They also give you keys to the place, so you can be fairly sure that your personal belongs will be safe. The Inn is very quiet, and free from drug & alcohol abusers! (this is what I liked best) I highly recommend this place!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeffrey O
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed in the Midtown location. The owner was very nice. The location was not what I expected. The neighborhood is a little rough around the edges. The building itself is older. No problems with the room itself. It is dated, but it was clean. I felt like the other people at the hostel lived there. I did not see other travelers. I would not stay here again because I felt completely uncomfortable with the location.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stay every spring and fall for several weeks. When I travel, I consider location, facilities, price and the staff. Bent Prop Inn is in the heart of downtown and close to everything. The Inn is very clean and well maintained. There is a clean kitchen, comfortable common room, tv room, and onsight laundry. The best feature, however, is the staff. A great bunch of people, led by Dave, will make your stay there the best of times. Candace F

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Great service, friendly and helpful staff. A good selection of private as well as shared rooms. The location can't be beat, right next to the bus station and just blocks from downtown. My stay was during the winter so my brother and I were the only travelers, but a fun collection of locals made for a lively atmosphere despite the gray skies. The Bent Prop Inn was by far the best of several hostels in Anchorage. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I traveled in late December, not a typical tourism time. John and Cindy were very friendly and helpful. In the New Year's Day there was no bus running, but John took me to the coastal trail so that I could enjoy the beautiful view. John also gave me the ride from the train station and to the airport. The semi-private room I stayed in was like an apartment. Everything works like a charm. If I come back to anchorage in summer, this is going to be my place again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo