“Bent Prop Inn Hostel Anchorage,Alaska”

Bent Prop Inn & Hostel of Alaska
London, United Kingdom
“Bent Prop Inn Hostel Anchorage,Alaska”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Had a great stay at Bent Prop Inn,it's ever soo clean,tidy & quiet for a city hostel,but you can get around on foot very easily. The hostel manager Dave is a top man & will look after your travel needs whenever he can,he has very good local knowledge of the surrounding area,he spent the whole afternoon with me booking flights & accommodation with an interesting itinery,I really had a great holiday thanks to this guy! Definitely recommend this hostel to all my friends who fancy a trip to the far north west,if I ever return to Anchorage I know exactly where to stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Blacktown, Australia
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is a nice, clean place to stay. Came recommended by a tour company and I am glad i listened. Staff were incredibly friendly (refusing to allow me to walk to a supermarket on my first night, insisting that one of the staff drive me) and helpful. Close to downtown and transport. Had a lovely time. Thanks to all the staff for making my stay in Anchorage such a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Private rooms available, close to toilet and shower and nice and spacious.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Great location within walking distance of everything, Anchorage is an amazing base to explore Alaska and the city is small and charming. Was checked in by a man on the front desk who I took to be the manager in a white shirt, what an amazing guy full of local facts and information, gave us a tour of the facilities and made us feel very welcome. The extra special effort he made for example by promising to give my group of 3 exclusive use of a 4 bed dorm and recommending an amazing place to eat (Humpeys Alehouse - don't miss this amazing eaterie with its huge selection of beer and great steak - inexpensive).

Although this hostel does not have a car park when asked the front desk allowed us to use private parking next door for a few hours. Thanks for the amazing time and hospitality - this was better than any 5 star hotel could have delivered. Should I return to Anchorage I would not stay anywhere else. Thanks to the Bent Prop staff for a great stay

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Hancock, New Hampshire
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We visited from New Hampshire and this was a last minute choice of a place to stay. It far exceeded our expectations. Midtown location was close to bus route, and Walmart, as well as many other stores and restaurants. The room was clean and well-kept a comfortable environment to be in. The view was amazing. John was wonderful from the time we checked in till the second we left. I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a place to stay while visiting Anchorage.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

King Salmon, Alaska
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I pass through Anchorage a couple of times a year and have stayed at many of the area hostels. For the last four years I have stayed exclusively at the Midtown Bent Prop Inn. Yes it's clean, yes it's conveniently located, yes there are interesting people to meet, but you can find that in other hostels. The reason I stay there is John and Cindy. Do you wish you had an aunt and uncle in Anchorage that truly cared about you and want you to have the best experience possible? If so, then the Midtown Bent Prop Inn is the place for you. They treat people fairly and work to create a comfortable environment for all of their guests. Not just a comfortable bed and a hot shower, a comfortable environment, a positive experience. I am not related to them but they make me feel like family. I plan on staying with them every time I return to Anchorage.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Visited from Texas. Loved the location. Close by everything,Wal-Mart, restaurants, movies. Loved the rooms and how clean they are kept. Met so many amazing people from around the world including Australia, New Zealand, and France. Just had an all around awesome experience with my stay at the midtown bentprop.

• Stayed May 2014
Girdwood
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Friendly helpful staff will point you in the right direction and help you make travel connections good place. Stayed for a couple of days on my way to Girdwood will stay Thier again if Iam in anchorage...............................

• Stayed June 2014