“Excellent base for your Alaskan adventure”

Bent Prop Inn & Hostel of Alaska
“Excellent base for your Alaskan adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Clean, cozy place with extra friendly owners and stuff. Heaps of useful information at hand whenever required, even got a bottle of fruitful Cabernet Sauvignon for free!!! Will certainly come back whenever in Anchorage.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Klemen F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

David was so helpful and went out of his way to assist us.The work shop provided for our son who is cycling from Cape Town to Cape Horn was provided without cost and made it much easier to put his bike back together.Thanks Bill and the other chap whose name I didn't get.Really good location for seeing the main sights in Anchorage.
Friendly,personable and a fun place to stay.Thanks to all at Bent Prop.
Garth,Diane and Andrew Cheyne

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Garth C
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

A year ago, when i began to organise my Alaska, once in a life time trip, I have gone through countless hotels and hostels reviews on many different websites. Finally settled down for Bent Prop Inn which fit my budget. Even before i decided to make any booking with Dave( the manager), I have sent him countless emails enquiring Alaska in general, he always reply very promptly and gave me valuable detail information/tips on how to make use of my time in Alaska.We sort of become friend even before we met.

Finally last month, i landed in Anchorage. I used Bent Prop Inn as my base, stayed there 3 times on this trip. Great location, convenient, short walk to downtown and many attractions, close to many restaurants and the bus transit is just across the street. I had a room with twin beds, off the main street, window facing the Marriott Hotel wall, I love this room very quiet and warm, good heating system. Thank you for adding extra hooks on the wall for hanging all the heavy clothes, thank you for giving us the brand new beds and linen, thank you to all housekeeping staff for maintaining this place so clean, clean kitchen, clean bathroom and strong hot shower.

It would be prefect, if something is done to that slamming door, may be consider adjusting all doors to slow release so it closes slowly on it own instead of people banging it each time. Also adding individual door in the shower of the female bathroom instead of one big curtain covering 2 showers would be so good. I found it a bit awkward and not much privacy sharing a shower curtain with a stranger and 2 toilets inside the one bathroom. So I just locked the main bathroom door, no problem when there is no one waiting outside. Others did the same, on a few occasions , I only need to wait for 30mins or so, no problem for me there. Best to have night shower, you will have the whole bathroom to yourself.

Extremely helpful and friendly staff. Dave, thank you for taking me to the Moose Pizza place and Beluga Point. Allan, thank you for taking me to Discovery Park, Suzanne, thank you for your time showing me how to use all the bus routes and I hope you have a great time with your long lost family. Adam, I wish you all the success in the Art world and all the other staff members, many thanks as well.
Definitely120% recommend this hostel to all my families & friends. If I ever return to Anchorage I know exactly where to stay!
Thank you all at Bent Prop Inn for making my Alaska stay a memorable one !
BLA

Room Tip: Room away from the bathroom and the main entrance door as people always slamming the doors.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank blablabla1348
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Arranged for our group of 30 Boy Scouts & Dads to stay here on way to canoe/fishing trek in Kenai Peninsula. A great place for groups! Friendly, terrific hospitality, fast check-in at all hours (we arrived after midnight both nights), quiet, good shower/bathroom facilities, clean, good living room with large screen TV, good kitchen facilities. They made us a blueberry pancake breakfast. All this for just $25-30 per person per night! Unheard of in Alaska. Highly recommend for groups or lone young travelers.

Room Tip: We had dorm rooms for 6-8 with bunk beds. Don't know about other choices.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
jcf1951, Manager at Bent Prop Inn & Hostel of Alaska, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thanks for the kind review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay. Remember, the adventures are unlimited in Alaska. We'd love to host your group again in the future!
Dhaka Division, Bangladesh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

My stay at the hotel was fun and excellent. Though, it was peek holiday season, but still the service was good. The best part is the hostel is close to all public transportation services, wallmart, all 'good' american restaurants, and even has a private kitchen.
On my last day John, the manager of the midtown hostel, drove me around and took me to the airport. Highly recommend for people on budget and trying to have a good time in anchorage.

Room Tip: Since, the sun is up almost all the time in summer, try to get a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Information from my first telephone encounter w/ David Corbett enabled me to get to Fairbanks by AKRR post Tourist Season--to my surprise. A year later when I stayed at Bent Prop Inn , David showed me how my airline overbooking credit could fly me R/T to Barrow ($45). From your first encounter David will be on your side, is of undying good will & will be your friend. Bent Brop Inn, like David, is Sunshine and Fresh Air. I recommend it and all its personnel. Sincerely, Lawrence J. Drummond

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Had a great stay at Bent Prop Inn,it's ever soo clean,tidy & quiet for a city hostel,but you can get around on foot very easily. The hostel manager Dave is a top man & will look after your travel needs whenever he can,he has very good local knowledge of the surrounding area,he spent the whole afternoon with me booking flights & accommodation with an interesting itinery,I really had a great holiday thanks to this guy! Definitely recommend this hostel to all my friends who fancy a trip to the far north west,if I ever return to Anchorage I know exactly where to stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo