“Alaska House of Jade is a true jewel!”

and 1 more site!
Alaska House of Jade Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 126 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 May 2011

This B&B exceeded my expectations. I anticipated a clean, comfortable, friendly place to stay as it is listed as a "five star" bed and breakfast. What I couldn't have foreseen was the immaculate, tastefully decorated room (including a very comfortable bed), beautiful furnishings throughout the home (those hardwood floors are positively luminous), and the genuine warmth of Dee and Yves, the owners and hosts. We felt comfortable with them immediately upon meeting them, and although we chose to skip breakfast, the aromas emanating from their expansive kitchen were delicious. House of Jade is located on a quiet street in a lovely residential neighborhood. I highly recommend this B&B - it is the best I have ever found anywhere.

Room Tip: Ask Dee for a suite with a private jetted jacuzzi!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 May 2011

This was our second stay, and wouldn't consider anywhere else. Yves and Dee are wonderful, caring people. They sincerely want your stay to be one you'll remember forever. I consider them now to be our friends. Dale Kellerman

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2011

After touring around Alaska for 16 days we ended up at Alaska House of Jade B&B for three nights. I truly can't say enough about this establishment. Everything you could want at your finger tips... plus the hosts Dee & Yves were so helpful, considerate and fixed the best breakfast we had in Alaska. My two teenage daughters never wanted to leave. We wish we could have stayed here longer. It's a good thing we didn't start our trip here because we would have been comparing all the other B&Bs to the high standards of HofJ. We highly recommend the HofJ.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2010

My wife and I have stayed at several BNB's over the years and I can honestly say that this experience was by far the most enjoyable experience we have ever had! The host and hostess went out of their way to make sure that my wife as well as everyone that was staying with them was enjoying their stay with them. And the food, It was a culinary delight! Dee prepared a different gourmet breakfast each morning! After staying at several Bed and Breakfast, which I thought were good, this Bed and Breakfast experience changed my standards. I have to say the food was truly exceptional. I do not remember having such delicious homemade food, not at least since I was a boy. The home was warm and inviting. During our two stays in September and October 2010 we had two different rooms. Both rooms were spacious and the decorating inviting. Each bedroom had it own private bath. The views of the western sunsets out the living, dining room and from the deck were quite enjoyable . We enjoyed gathering with the other guest in the evening to share conversation about our travel experiences. It was truly an experience I look forward to repeating. I say all of this only to say I have not ever even though of writing one of these reviews before. But after this experience thought it was something I really wanted to do. I would highly recommend staying at the Alaska House of Jade Bed and Breakfast!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2010

This was our first trip to Alaska. We stayed at the house of Jade with Dee and Yves on two different occasions while we were there. Both nights were very comfortable and the rooms were very clean and roomy. We had private baths in each room, cable TV as well. They have a computer availabel for the guests to use.. Dee has a well stocked refrigerator and is a very good cook offering different menues for different guests and pleanty of variety on the same day unlike other B & B's. We will stay with them again on out next trip They are very personable and gracious
Herm nd Cheryl Tilford, Brush Prairie, Wa

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2010

My husband and I spent 2 nights with Dee and Yves during August 2010 and have agreed that, without doubt, this is the finest Bed & Breakfast we have ever experienced. Dee is a wonderful lady who clearly understands what makes a truly warm welcome for weary travellers. Yves was a lovely guy and very interesting to talk to.
The house is absolutely stunning and our basement apartment was everything we dreamed of-luxury spa bath and a separate shower, extremely comfortable bed and a patio too.
Dee makes a fabulous breakfast and I only wish that our holiday plans had allowed time for a longer stay.
I would certainly recommend this accommodation to anyone travelling to Anchorage and hope that someday I can return to enjoy more of the wonderful hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Not knowing where to stay while in Anchorage to visit our family, we chose

Not knowing where to stay while in Anchorage to visit our family, we chose Dee & Yves' Alaska House of Jade B & B. How lucky can you get? It could not have been more perfect. Elegant, yet all the comforts of home, and --- the breakfasts -- absolutely wonderful!
fruit, eggs, waffles, sausage!! Dee & Yves were the perfect hosts, friendly, helpful and just plain nice. Would we go back? You bet !!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple