“Simply The Best!!!”

Ranked #1 of 127 Anchorage B&B and Inns
New York
“Simply The Best!!!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed at the Alaska House of Jade for 4 nights and wished we could have stayed longer. From the first moment you meet Krista and Zack you are welcomed into their family and feel like you have always known them. They have thought of everything to make you comfortable and the breakfasts were delicious and plentiful. Some of our best mornings were just sitting around talking to Krista. She is truly a lovely person and very genuine. She was always there to answer any questions about Anchorage, had loads of maps and brochures and was very happy to give travel advice. The house is beautiful and in a very quiet neighborhood but close to downtown Anchorage. I would definitely recommend this B&B to everyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
houseofjade, Owner at Alaska House of Jade Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you thank you thank you! This means so much to me, I loved your note you left in my guest book and love this review as well! I hope you all enjoyed your cruise and rest of your trip! I just know you did, you all were so much fun to be with! I was so sad to you go, I just wanted to come with you. I must say, you would be quite proud of my vegetables and herb garden! I'm pinching everyday and adding fresh herbs to my cooking! I hate that New York was pushed back a year but I will make it soon! It's possible I make a trip to Arizona sooner though :). We can check out Ed's mine!

Please give Ed and Linda our best and say hello to Don! Oh, I also saw you liked us on facebook! Thank you, and feel free to share any great pics from your trip!

We'll keep in touch,
Krista and Zack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed here for one night and loved it. Krista and Zack were both SO warm and welcoming. We talked with Krista more during our stay and she was just so impressive. She truly has a good heart and is really easy to talk to. She provided us with a map of Anchorage and suggested places we should visit. She also cooked us a delicious breakfast in the morning. The room was clean and comfortable. I would highly recommend this B&B. It was a great experience for my family.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you Sina, for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words! I enjoyed our even our time we got to visit and David was a hoot! I'm just glad I got his kid stamp of approval for my breakfast sausage! I hope you all come back to see me again on your next trip to Alaska, or better yet maybe We'll make it to Honolulu!

Thank you again and take care!

Maple Ridge, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was our first B&B experience and we certainly lucked out when we chose the House of Jade for our 4 night stay in Anchorage last week! The house is beautiful, located in a very quiet neighbourhood with easy access to everywhere, the room was comfy and very clean and the breakfasts were delicious and plentiful! Krista and Zack are so warm and friendly and made us feel right at home, even sharing some of Zack's smoked chicken with us - very yummy! Treat yourself to a stay at this wonderful B&B; you won't be sorry!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deana A
Thank you Deana! We really enjoyed having you and Barry stay with us and are so glad you enjoyed us as well! I'm also glad you liked the smoked chicken! We would love to have you back anytime, maybe next time we'll have smoked salmon!!! Thank you again, and we'll keep in touch!

Warm regards,
bc
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Krista & Zack were so warm, hospitable and helpful. We couldn't have picked a better place for our eight days in Anchorage. All we had to do was mention where we would like to go, and they'd be downloading information and maps for us. The house was lovely, the rooms clean and comfortable, and the breakfasts fabulous. The moose coming into the yard to visit us were a great bonus! And we saw a mother and newborn calf down the street. It is on a quiet street, but still centrally located.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kenjBc
houseofjade, Owner at Alaska House of Jade Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you Ken and Denise! I'm glad you stayed with us too! When guests stay a week they really become part of the family! We also enjoyed having your son Cory over to join us for breakfast one morning! Since he lives here in Anchorage, we can now invite him over more often! I'm glad you found our print outs helpful. We have lots of maps and flyers available for guests to take, but if there's anything we don't have printing extra online information is always welcomed! Plus you never know what knew tips you might find on google! We hope to see you again, and hope you'll stay a week then too!
Albury
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed here with friends.. Our flight arrived at 5am and they let us in early and we were able to have a sleep and then have brekky. Krista and Zack the owners couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. Lots of good advice for things to see, place to eat and transport. It is a bit out of town but worth the effort. Ten minute walk to the number 75 bus which takes you right downtown. Breakfast each morning was a feast. Beautiful fresh fruit and yogurt and the delicious frittata or scrambled eggs and fried potato and bacon to choose from. Krista and Zack are delightful and the rooms are great. Highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MazAlbury
Thanks for writing and what a fun group! We enjoyed sharing our home with you and even had more fun visiting and sharing over a sample of local brew! We hope you'll visit again and maybe next time we can challenge Mauri to a breakfast pizza! ;)

Warm thanks,
Krista
Dehradun, India
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay. It was homely, the home owners damn friendly and useful. The rooms were neat and tidy, well looked after and bmfast table was heart warmingly filled with goodies... The spanish omlette was outstanding.... All in all - we will remember our stay!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank VickyL118
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 22 April 2014

As a nineteen year old going on a backpacking trip in Alaska, there could not have been a better place to stay to feel comfortable and settled before setting off on the expedition. Their food is wonderful as well as their company, and the house is beautiful. I also stayed here when I returned from the trip, and she had brownies, ice cream, and popcorn awaiting our arrival. They are so sweet and I am so thankful to have stayed here. If not for anything else, I would come back to Alaska just for this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo