“Wonderful and spotless!”

Alaska House of Jade Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 127 Anchorage B&B and Inns
“Wonderful and spotless!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This B&B is a gem! Krista and Zach are the ultimate hosts, we had a great stay. The room we has was comfortable and large, well appointed with all the attention to detail. And, it was simply the cleanest home, it shone. The breakfast was amazing, oven apple pancake, sausage, fresh fruit with yogurt,scrambled eggs and juice and tea or coffee. Krista has a wonderful bar set up at all time for guests to help themselves to tea, coffee and snacks for anyone to help themselves. I wish we could of moved in!!! Thanks Krista and Zach:):)

• Stayed June 2014
houseofjade, Owner at Alaska House of Jade Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you, I'm glad you and Charles enjoyed your stay! Of course you were easy to entertain, especially since you made friends with fellow guests by coincidence in Talkeetna, even before arriving to the House of Jade! I just love that story! I'm so glad you stayed with us on your last night in Alaska, and do hope you will come see us again!

Many thanks and warmest regards,
Krista and Zack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Kodiak, Alaska
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights while my newborn child was getting surgery. Our room are spectacular with its own bathroom. They were very accommodating and the breakfast was spectacular. Krista and Zack are great hosts and make fabulous desserts. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2014
Chelsea thank you, it was our pleasure! You definitely get the best head of hair on a baby award, you really could have just left him here for awhile! We'll have you anytime you're back in Anchorage, and wish you the best of luck on your upcoming move and new beginnings in Cordova!

Thanks again,
Stony Brook, New York
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My husband, myself and our one year-old stayed one night and wished we could have stayed more! Beautiful, clean home, and GREAT hosts- they were awesome with our little boy! VERY welcoming and and we had a super comfortable stay...not to mention a delicious breakfast!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hey there Jamie! Thank you for this, we're glad you enjoyed your stay! I also have to thank you for breaking in the Pack-n-play. I thought it was going to be a process to put up, and Dustin got it up one handed, wow! I also enjoyed playing with Talan! What more could I ask from a junior guest? He was a good gardener and loved my grapes and scrambled eggs!

Thank you again, we truly enjoyed it!

Zack and Krista
New York
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed at the Alaska House of Jade for 4 nights and wished we could have stayed longer. From the first moment you meet Krista and Zack you are welcomed into their family and feel like you have always known them. They have thought of everything to make you comfortable and the breakfasts were delicious and plentiful. Some of our best mornings were just sitting around talking to Krista. She is truly a lovely person and very genuine. She was always there to answer any questions about Anchorage, had loads of maps and brochures and was very happy to give travel advice. The house is beautiful and in a very quiet neighborhood but close to downtown Anchorage. I would definitely recommend this B&B to everyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you thank you thank you! This means so much to me, I loved your note you left in my guest book and love this review as well! I hope you all enjoyed your cruise and rest of your trip! I just know you did, you all were so much fun to be with! I was so sad to you go, I just wanted to come with you. I must say, you would be quite proud of my vegetables and herb garden! I'm pinching everyday and adding fresh herbs to my cooking! I hate that New York was pushed back a year but I will make it soon! It's possible I make a trip to Arizona sooner though :). We can check out Ed's mine!

Please give Ed and Linda our best and say hello to Don! Oh, I also saw you liked us on facebook! Thank you, and feel free to share any great pics from your trip!

We'll keep in touch,
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed here for one night and loved it. Krista and Zack were both SO warm and welcoming. We talked with Krista more during our stay and she was just so impressive. She truly has a good heart and is really easy to talk to. She provided us with a map of Anchorage and suggested places we should visit. She also cooked us a delicious breakfast in the morning. The room was clean and comfortable. I would highly recommend this B&B. It was a great experience for my family.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you Sina, for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words! I enjoyed our even our time we got to visit and David was a hoot! I'm just glad I got his kid stamp of approval for my breakfast sausage! I hope you all come back to see me again on your next trip to Alaska, or better yet maybe We'll make it to Honolulu!

Thank you again and take care!

Maple Ridge, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was our first B&B experience and we certainly lucked out when we chose the House of Jade for our 4 night stay in Anchorage last week! The house is beautiful, located in a very quiet neighbourhood with easy access to everywhere, the room was comfy and very clean and the breakfasts were delicious and plentiful! Krista and Zack are so warm and friendly and made us feel right at home, even sharing some of Zack's smoked chicken with us - very yummy! Treat yourself to a stay at this wonderful B&B; you won't be sorry!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deana A
Thank you Deana! We really enjoyed having you and Barry stay with us and are so glad you enjoyed us as well! I'm also glad you liked the smoked chicken! We would love to have you back anytime, maybe next time we'll have smoked salmon!!! Thank you again, and we'll keep in touch!

Warm regards,
bc
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Krista & Zack were so warm, hospitable and helpful. We couldn't have picked a better place for our eight days in Anchorage. All we had to do was mention where we would like to go, and they'd be downloading information and maps for us. The house was lovely, the rooms clean and comfortable, and the breakfasts fabulous. The moose coming into the yard to visit us were a great bonus! And we saw a mother and newborn calf down the street. It is on a quiet street, but still centrally located.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kenjBc
houseofjade, Owner at Alaska House of Jade Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you Ken and Denise! I'm glad you stayed with us too! When guests stay a week they really become part of the family! We also enjoyed having your son Cory over to join us for breakfast one morning! Since he lives here in Anchorage, we can now invite him over more often! I'm glad you found our print outs helpful. We have lots of maps and flyers available for guests to take, but if there's anything we don't have printing extra online information is always welcomed! Plus you never know what knew tips you might find on google! We hope to see you again, and hope you'll stay a week then too!