“Awesome, unique experience”

Cuisines: Indian, Tibetan, Asian, Nepalese
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
“Awesome, unique experience”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Delicious lunch! The environment is pretty basic - (heads-up, no table service...you pick up your good once it's ready & "bus" your dishes & toss your garbage post-meal)...but a delightful experience. Staff provided helpful recommendations re: lunch combos. Will definitely be back!

2 Thank Inbr2

Anchorage, Alaska, United States
“Great lunch spot!!!”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I haven’t been to main location; however the small café version near REI is a great spot for a quick bite eat. The food is tasty and the prices are good. The rice bowls are excellent and filling and they also have an excellent bakery for dessert “to go”.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Janet W
Anchorage, Alaska
“Hits the Spot”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I popped in here several weeks ago to grab a bite to eat before heading to an evening engagement. After some deliberation, I settled for a bowl of potato lentil soup. It was absolutely divine, very flavorful and filling, with a wonderfully silky texture. I was a bit disappointed no roll came with the bowl of soup, but I know these guys do more international cuisine so it's understandable. If you're looking for some grub that's a bit off the beaten path, give this place a try. I will definitely be back!

• Visited November 2013
Anchorage, Alaska
“So good!”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Great little hole in the wall on Spenard Rd has the best Himalayan food in Anchorage! Ok, maybe it's the only Himalayan food in Anchorage... but it's a fusion of the finest in town: Indian and Nepalese cuisine. Very tasty, unique, and one of my favorite places to eat. Friendly staff, loads of vegetarian options, (plenty of non-vegetarian as well), Kathmandu Daal Bhatt being my favorite. Last time I was there it was BYOB. If you're adventurous try the Indian Pickle, it'll put interesting gestures on your face. Love this place.... they do keep odd hours so make sure you check that they're open before you commit to going.

• Visited November 2012
Dallas, Texas
“We BOTH enjoyed our meal!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I am not Indian, but I ADORE Indian food. I could eat it every day. My friend in Anchorage is much less enthusiastic, but consented to be dragged here. Himalayan is a little different from Indian, and my friend thought that was an excellent thing! We had the pork vindaloo, which was a little sweeter and less spicy than what I am accustomed to, but good. We also ordered Himalayan chicken and bun dishes, the details of which escape me now, but they were enjoyable. I had hot chai tea, one of my favorite things in life, and it was wonderful. When we entered, we were the only customers. Within 20 minutes, the restaurant was filled! There's no place to wait if a table isn't available, so my recommendation is dine early or late if you want to be sure to be seated!

• Visited August 2013