“This is a great choice for Anchorage...”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #2 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Overall, this is a very nice hotel. I enjoyed my stay here for the most part and the decor and upkeep of the entire hotel is very nice. The only problems we had are that our room was dusty upon arrival. I let the front desk staff know about the situation and it was corrected the next day by housekeeping. The computers in the business center are so slow that it impossible to get anything done, or even check your e-mail. That was not rememdied during our stay. Though there was one server at the restaurant most of our stay that was excellent on 08/28/12 there was a young Russian lady who was a little rude. My wife ordered a Chardonnay, but was given a white wine that was much too sweet for her taste. When we asked to switch it to a Cab, which we already knew that she liked, the waitress tried to talk us out of the request, then said we didn't know about wine, and said that it would cost us another drink. I stepped in and we finally got her to switch the drink for the cost of only one drink, I mean my wife only sipped it and it wasn't acceptable, come on! Other than her, however, the rest of the restaurant staff was great and we enjoyed eating there a few times. The breakfast was also very good, as well as the manager's reception. So other than some minor problems this was a good hotel and we would definitely stay here again, if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback on your stay. I am very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and recommend us for future stays. I am very sorry that there was an issue with a server that was apparently not handled well by her. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return to the Embassy Suites in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,483)

Reviewed 7 September 2012

I was very pleased with this hotel. I have to admit that I felt forced to stay at this hotel becasue we had power outtage at my place due to the wind storm. We were warmly greeted by the front desk, and sent off to our hotel room. We walked in and it was beautiful. The beds were comfortable, and the staff was great. We loved our stay very much. The hotel accommodated my family of five very easily, and we would definitely stay here again. It was pricey, but it was worth it for a good nights sleep

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the elevators if you don't want to walk. The hotel is bigger than it...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your nice comments. I am sorry that you were among the many in Anchorage that lost your power for more than a day after the high winds hit the city. I am pleased that the staff and the hotel provided a comfortable alternate during a difficult time. We hope you will have the opportunity to return in the future without having a power outage.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

This is the best value hotel for money I think I have ever stayed in. If you go to Anchorage and don't stay here, you are really doing yourself a disservice. The hotel is impeccably clean, the staff efficient and welcoming, and the suites spacious, comfortable and tastefully decorated. The extras, such as the manager's reception, with two free drinks per adult and free appys, and the full breakfast buffet with made-to-order omelettes and pancakes are the icing on the cake. I liked that the fitness room is also 24 hours, an uncommon courtesy in hotels these days. My one tip would be to ask for a room away from the busy road of Benson, but apart from that, you really can't go wrong staying here. It is about a five or ten minute drive from downtown Anchorage, so it's best if you have a car, but there are shuttles if you don't, and there are shopping malls and restaurants in the area if you choose not to go downtown. Conveniently located near the Seward Hwy, if you're travelling north to south or vice versa.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near Benson, a busy thoroughfare. The two bedroom suites are huge and comfortable!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JDH154945
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

I am pleased to see that you were able to enjoy many of our wonderful amenities and comforts. The Embassy Suites brand and this property in particular placed a lot of thought into the needs of the traveler. It is always reassuring to see that we got many things right. Thank you for spreading the word about us.

Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

Booked this for our last night in Anchorage after camping and backpacking/hiking 10 days in Denali and the Russian River. The lobby is beautiful and the hotel is very centrally located. Rooms were very comfortable and well-maintained. Breakfast was very good, but the evening's manager reception was very disorganized. It was as if that was the first time they ever did a manager's reception. Otherwise, compared to the Hampton and the other chains higher end hotels for cost, Embassy was a great value!

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback on your stay. I am very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and your stay. I am sorry that the reception seemed disorganized. We appreciate your business and hope that you will return to the Embassy in the future.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

After 5 days in a tiny cabin I needed some luxury and I chose well. We stayed here only one night and I wished we'd stayed longer. Lovely staff, two roomed suite that looked very new and was spotless. Then there was the two indoor pools and a big exercise room, business room and laundry. And then a real surprise - manager's drinks and snacks at 5.30. Wow, we just loved everything. A small let down before checkout was the breakfast - it seemed to be more about bulk than quality but it was all there and most people seemed to like it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

We certainly appreciate your feedback and your business. I am pleased that your stay was both enjoyable and too short. We hope to see you again for a longer visit.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

After being in an RV for a week, I predicted my family of 5, two adults and three teens, would want a little extra space. And they appreciated it. The price was medium for Anchorage's summer season, and the hotel is not downtown. We had a car to get around and the highway was a couple blocks away, and navigating there is easy. We loved the lobby, the decor, the manager's reception, the breakfast, everything was very nice. The room was perfect for our group. Two nice TVs, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. The sofa was a sectional type with a lounge on the end for extra room to stretch out. Beds were very comfy. Bathroom standard, but large and nicely appointed. No view from our room, but it was rainy with low clouds anyway. Nice to have extra area with table, microwave and refrigerator. Only negative, wifi isn't included. Parking is free.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

I am pleased that we were a welcome change after your travels in an RV. I know the enjoyment of traveling the state that way but also that space is somewhat cramped and shared. It means a great deal to us that our guests repeatedly recommend our hotel. We hope that you will have the opportunity to return to Alaska in the future.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

Expensive, but worth it.

Full Breakfast, made to order. Evening cocktails and munchies. Quiet rooms, very clean w/ super friendly staff. This hotel is a no-brainer. Yes, it is pricey - but in this case, worth every dime if you want a quality place and a no-worry vacation!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

I am delighted that you enjoyed a great experience at the Embassy Suites Anchorage. It means a great deal to us that you recommend our hotel highly. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.