“Excellent Accomodations”

Ranked #2 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
San Francisco, California
“Excellent Accomodations”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Had the opportunity of spending Summer Solstice in Anchorage and couldnt be happier with my stay in part to the service and accomodations i recieved at the Embassy Suites. Not to mention that this property is fairly new but they have black out shades for the all the rooms which are very useful when its bright and sunny at 11pm at night. They have a beautiful fountain when you walk in and dont forget about those free drinks at the bar you get for happy hour!! They also have some food you can eat as well. Rooms are nice and big and the beds were comfy. Definitely will be staying here again if i make it back to Alaska!

Room Tip: Everything is a Suite so you really cant go wrong!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
We hope you do make it back to Alaska and would be honored to have you return again to the Embassy. I appreciate the wonderful comments you made about your visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I was very happy with my accommodations at this hotel. It had luxurious down bedding and huge suites. The shuttle was available for all of my around-town needs, and the drivers were very nice. The food was horrific. I ordered steak tips that came in a gloppy, gelatinous brown sauce, and the meat was chewy, gristly, and low-end. I even fished out several globs of undissolved beef base. I also had a caprese salad. The tomatoes were rock hard, with no flavor. Granted, it is February in Alaska, however, with that quality of large/slicing tomatoes, why not consider cherry or grape tomatoes (which are quite nice right now, even in Fairbanks, 400 miles to the north)? There are several restaurants nearby that I would recommend before eating at the hotel. The nightly manager's reception is also a nice touch, as long as you don't mind the cheapest beer and liquor, available. Overall, nice accommodations, great night sleep, great location.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Akkat
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that the restaurant did not deliver the dining experience that all our valued guests deserve. We will utilize your comments to help us improve. We appreciate your business and hope that you will utilize the Embassy in your future travels.
Seward, Alaska
Reviewed 8 February 2014

my wife and I stayed at the Embassy Suites in Anchorage for a 3 day company meeting. First the place was clean and new. all the people working there were nice and ready to do what ever it took to make sure the property ran smooth. the breakfast was fresh cooked to order and the best. the entire property was very well managed. when in Anchorage think of this property and you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: they all were nice
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
I am delighted you had a wonderful stay and that your meeting was a success. Please come back and visit us again whether on a personal trip or business meeting.
Anchorage, United States
Reviewed 5 February 2014

we got a hot tub room and the jetted tub was not big enough for both of us to sit compfortably, no free internet, when you spend 3oo dollars for a romm it should come with free internet even motel 6 has free wifi, the inroom movies are 14 to 16 bucks all of them can be rented for 5 bucks.??

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
I appreciate your feedback about your visit. I am sorry that internet cost was a disappointment for you. We do offer complimentary internet service through the business center in the lobby. Pricing for movies is set by our movie provider and the hotel makes little on movies. Thank you for staying with us.
UK
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel feels and looks like it was built within the last 10 years, but still feels fresh. It is located in an urban area surrounded by small strip malls and adjacent to a fitness centre.

I stayed there on business for four nights. As with all Embassy Suite hotels, the room was spacious. The bedroom has two large king beds, with a separate sitting and eating area. Facilities included a microwave, coffee maker, small fridge and sink. There were two large flat screen TVs.

Breakfast included a cook to order counter, as well as providing fruit and other cooked food. I would judge the quality to be slightly above average.

I ate in the hotel twice in the evenings - both times room service. This was prompt and efficient. The menu included halibut, pasta and the usual burgers and sandwich options.

My room faced over a rear parking lot looking towards the fitness centre and a diner. A couple of times at about 4am, I heard a dump truck empty trash. Otherwise, reasonably quiet.

Overall, for a business trip, the hotel is fine and was convenient. However, I think if I stayed longer, I would prefer a hotel more Downtown, closer to bars and restaurants to provide more entertainment and variety in the evenings.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Embassy Suites. I am pleased that you enjoyed your suite as well as all your dining experiences. We hope that you will return.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The hotel is clean, quiet and comfortable and convenient to walk to work for business in midtown Anchorage. For those that need to work, the working environment in the guest rooms are amongst the best I have encountered.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for being our guest and submitting your review. I appreciate the excellent comments you supplied. Please return soon.
Anchorage, Alaska, USA
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

I live in Anchorage and stayed here to have a family get together and swim. The swimming pool is warm and the jacuzzi is bigger than any hotel jacuzzi I've seen. I only stayed for 1 night so I didn't get to enjoy the nightly reception in the lounge, but we did enjoy the free breakfast buffet. It was EXCELLENT! They have cook to order omelets, biscuits and gravy, sausage, bacon, ham, cereal, oatmeal, danish, juice, milk, coffee,too much more to list. The front desk was very professional at both check in and check out. The room had 2 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms and a living room with a sofa bed and small dining area complete with a mini fridge and microwave. My family and I enjoyed our stay here very much. We've stayed at other hotels in Anchorage and this is now our number 1 choice.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
I am delighted your stay was so enjoyable. Thank you for your wonderful comments about the hotel. Please come back and visit us again soon.