“Great hotel, friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage

Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #3 of 72 Hotels in Anchorage
Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany
“Great hotel, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel has a beautiful lobby and friendly, helpful staff. Dexter at the bar was awesome and eager to serve us during our stay. The rooms were nice and the beds were very comfortable. The free breakfast made for great mornings and the evening reception was a nice end to the day.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thanks for the wonderful review. It is always nice to see one of the staff recognized for their hard work and dedication as hospitality professionals! We certainly look forward to your return visit to the Embassy.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I picked Embassy Suites based on other reviews and our stay here has been fabulous. We called when we arrived at the airport and van arrived within 10 minutes to pick us up. We were given coupons for free drinks and internet service when we checked in. I requested a quiet room and we have had a very restful stay. The complimentary breakfast includes make to order omelets and pancakes. Both dinner and breakfast in the hotel were tasty. Today the hotel van took us to the museum. When we finished with the museum, we called the hotel for a ride and the van picked us up in less than 10 minutes. We will stay here the next time we come to Anchorage. All the staff has been very friendly and helpful. I feel they genuinely want us to enjoy our stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your excellent comments regarding your recent stay at the Embassy. We really appreciate your feedback regarding our staff and the hotel. Our team is very proud of the job they do every day and it shows in your comments. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Anchorage area.
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

What a great 8 day stay! The hotel is beautiful and everyone was very friendly! The free breakfast was fantastic: Made to order pancakes and omelets, on the buffet: bacon, sausage, ham, fritta eggs and cheese eggs, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt and waffles or french toast and potatoes. Was within walking distance to 2 grocery stores and a walmart and a few other local restaurants. About a 5-10 min drive to downtown. Business Center, Bar (with 2 free drinks only) great food from the restaurant, and free bar snacks at happy hour. This will be my place to stay ned time I go. The rooms was nice, wet bar with sink, desk, living room with pull out bed and tv. Bed room big king size bed with TV, large bathroom!! Internet, but only free for certain people. Windows were able to be opened which brought in nice crisp air.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your eight day stay and that the staff and amenities made your stay highly enjoyable. Please come back and stay with us again should you be returning to Alaska.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The staff at this hotel, especially Corrin and Brittany, really helped make my stay here enjoyable. The hotel is vey well maintained and the rooms were also clean. The bed was very comfortable and they all have separate bedrooms and two TVs. There is a bar area with a fridge and microwave along with name brand coffee and teas to make in the room. The rate does include breakfast, either cooked to order or buffet. The cooked to order line can be a bit long and slow at times. You also have 2 drink vouchers for the manager's reception which serves light snacks. There is a pool, gym and business center with 3 computers. The hotel is at a busy intersection, but close to Fred Meyer, Walmart and the Mooses's Tooth for those without a car. They also have shuttle service to the airport and downtown. Try for a room on the parking lot side. There is hotel construction on one side. I heard no noise in my room except a few jets in the morning. Please note that prices can be high here in summer, but it is a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Parking lot side
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for your many comments and recognizing two of our great staff. I am so pleased that Corrin and Brittany made your stay better. They both care a great deal about every one of our guests. We hope to see you return to the Embassy should your travels bring you back to Anchorage.
Washington D.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Comfortable and clean. Good sleeping. Nice breakfast and happy hour is a bonus. Location is near to restaurants and shopping. Anchorage isn't a huge town, though. This is a top of the line ES and I would stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for visiting us from D.C. I am pleased that your stay was outstanding. We hope should you return to the "Last Frontier" that you will join us again at the Embassy.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is very nice, beautiful lobby area. Excellent restaurant, the food is fantastic. The room is very clean and business traveler friendly, wi-fi worked without a glitch. There is a Walmart located close which makes picking up any last minute items very easy.

1 Thank WilderRS
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for joining us at the Embassy on your recent business trip. I am pleased that your stay was enjoyable and that you tried our restaurant. We have a new chef who is truly outstanding. I appreciate your comments and hope you will return soon.
Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I travel to Anchorage about every two weeks on business and split my time between the Embassy Suites and the Hilton Homewood Suites. The Embassy is a nice clean hotel in an excellent mid-town location. The rooms are large and comfortable. I recommend asking for the top floor as you can hear people walking above you when you are on the lower floors. The front desk staff is excellent here. They are always friendly and efficient and go out of their way to be welcoming and helpful.

Some of the furniture (mainly the couch) is now starting to show some wear and tear and replacement by management might be considered. Bathrooms are large and functional and the showers are excellent for a tall guy.

The breakfast is very good and I enjoy the managers reception in the evening at the bar. The snacks provided are minimal.

Winter rates ran anywhere from $99 to $139. I was shocked when I recently booked a room for the beginning of June and the rate was $259 for the government rate. When my staff told me the rate, I immediately told them to book me elsewhere. I have been a loyal Embassy customer, even booking several conferences here, but there are cheaper hotels in Anchorage that are adequate. I will likely not stay here anymore during the simmer season due to the price. Very good hotel but I do not believe it is worth paying in the high 200's.

My 4 star rating and value rating is based on my last stay this month when the price was much more reasonable. Rate would be lower based on poor value at the higher rate for the summer.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AKPROG
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your stays. I am sorry that the summer room rates are not to your liking. I realize that you are like many of our frequent winter travelers who don't like the seasonal increases of an Alaskan summer. of course this is why the government nearly doubles the travel per diem. When traveling to other seasonal US destinations I also have felt your pain. We do hope to see you again in the future.